BM hunter now part of bottom DPS

Hunter
BM numbers seem low until you realize that movment has no effect on their performance. That’s a tremendous advantage.
10/26/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Kabbie
BM numbers seem low until you realize that movment has no effect on their performance. That’s a tremendous advantage.

Movement has effect on DPS performance. Look for example at the last boss of Siege of Boralus. Lots of dancing in there while on pew pew. I see my advantage there always as long as my pet doesn't stuck lol.

If your DPS is almost equal with them on non-movement fight, you would see yourself as BMwith better DPS on a heavy movement fight coz other DPS'ers DPS like Mages drop while on the move.

If your DPS is way way low on a non-movement fight against other DPS'ers, you might not be able to catch up even on movement fights.

I am just casual. I don't compare my DPS to most people who are way geared than me. But I usually compare mine to those of the same ilevel as me. I find mine okay so far.

I don't wear my high ilevel PvP Azerite gear on Mythic + and raids. Wearing them makes other classes of the same ilevel outdps me. I use my low ilevel Primal Instinct Azerite gears as much as possible.
10/26/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Kabbie

Bm mobility has no advantage it just looks shiny on paper.
It just shows we can't rely on competent devs anymore. Whoever thought it was wise for bm to even get a nerf in pve should be fired. Nerfed 5 % in the first 2 days of a raid when no one knows mechanics yet. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
Lot of blizzard fanbois in here. The state of ranged hunter right now is not the best. MM is 100% trash and BM did not need 5% nerf to damage.
10/27/2018 02:17 AMPosted by Pm
It just shows we can't rely on competent devs anymore. Whoever thought it was wise for bm to even get a nerf in pve should be fired. Nerfed 5 % in the first 2 days of a raid when no one knows mechanics yet. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

This is really my only complaint. Of course bm is gonna !@#$ on the other ranged when other classes haven't had a chance to learn boss patterns and minimize movement/how to reduce lost dps when moving.
Lol @ all the bm hunters complaining about the nerfs shut up already you play the most easiest class that can be top 5 on the dps charts. How about you just play the game and enjoy it you should be grateful that BM isn't !@#$ like feral that 5% nerf could of been a whole lot worse. So, stop whining like a bunch of 12 year olds and have fun lmfao.
10/23/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Eatmorbabiez
Why do people say hunters have raid utility? They used to, but now they're just damage. Zero raid utility.

It's great that at least one hunter spec is solid, but it shouldn't be survival. There's already a flood of melee, and getting a raid guild to let you melee when they recruited you as ranged DPS, is a tough sell. Most are super full on melee and a lot of mechanics hard limit the number of melee you can bring.

The idea that you can move while casting is great, but really only helps when learning a fight. I've people learn and adjust their DPS cycle, the BM movement advantage really goes away.

One of the ranged damage specs needs to be top DPs for hunters. I don't care which, but make sure it's ranged.

Or, and hear me out here, play survival and outperform the other melee and EARN your spot?

Literally demolished in raid on day one as survival and earned my spot, have other guilds interested too. Yeah most guilds want ranged, but if you’re an exceptional melee they’ll want you too.

It’s a L2P issue. SV is too hard for some people who want to sit back and let their pets get them a raid spot.
Lol in what world is survival hard. This isn't legion. You throw your bomb you shoot your sting you dump focus on mongo bites. When your sting lights up you press it again.

You numbskulls smelling your own farts for playing survival are not brain surgeons.
10/26/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Moonuredps
10/26/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Pillów
We have three BM hunters in our core group and are doing fine. About to be 5/8 mythic with a two day, six hour a week roster. If you use your cooldowns properly, you’ll be able to be top 1/3 on most fights.

I'm top 5 always.

Its about parsing purple.

You mean those parse things that don't parse correctly half the time for BM hunters due to how their 'rotation' works and pet AI bugs?
must be why mm hunters are getting a buff so we would switch.
10/23/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Videre
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

Blizzard nerfs us on first week of heroic uldir and now here we are. I still don't get why Blizzard nerfed BM hunters so quickly. It has always been said that BM is great at the start and scales poorly and now it shows. I thought Blizzard had metrics or their own simulations to figure this out but guess I put too much faith in them to get it right.

Hey there, so I thought I could share some perspective as i'm almost 5/8 mythic. Next week for sure =). So BM hunter is actually alright, yes there are some fights where you won't be doing great numbers wise, but other fights where you will really shine. I would say to you, if it's a fight where your not going to be up there, enjoy the spec for what it does bring. In my guild, I am the only hunter in our 20 man mythic, so I get the task of all the fun duties, i.e cc trapping mobs, sooth enrages, misdirecting adds, turtleing mythic blast and so forth. That is where you can have fun as a bm hunter if you know your dps on that paticular fight isn't going to be great. I personally think BM is in a pretty good place now, and isn't it suppose to be getting a 5% buff or something come 8.1? I don't know but at the moment I feel much worse for marksmen, at least in pvp lol!
10/28/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Törsten
10/23/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Videre
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

Blizzard nerfs us on first week of heroic uldir and now here we are. I still don't get why Blizzard nerfed BM hunters so quickly. It has always been said that BM is great at the start and scales poorly and now it shows. I thought Blizzard had metrics or their own simulations to figure this out but guess I put too much faith in them to get it right.

Hey there, so I thought I could share some perspective as i'm almost 5/8 mythic. Next week for sure =). So BM hunter is actually alright, yes there are some fights where you won't be doing great numbers wise, but other fights where you will really shine. I would say to you, if it's a fight where your not going to be up there, enjoy the spec for what it does bring. In my guild, I am the only hunter in our 20 man mythic, so I get the task of all the fun duties, i.e cc trapping mobs, sooth enrages, misdirecting adds, turtleing mythic blast and so forth. That is where you can have fun as a bm hunter if you know your dps on that paticular fight isn't going to be great. I personally think BM is in a pretty good place now, and isn't it suppose to be getting a 5% buff or something come 8.1? I don't know but at the moment I feel much worse for marksmen, at least in pvp lol!

Just a heads up BM misdirect is pretty trash since our pet doesnt count as our damage for the purpose of misdirect.
Looks like its time for another 4 month wow break boys and girls. They did this BS in Legion and hunters were trash all the way until the end. They are starting early this half-arsed expansion.
10/29/2018 01:13 AMPosted by Moonuredps
10/28/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Törsten

Just a heads up BM misdirect is pretty trash since our pet doesnt count as our damage for the purpose of misdirect.

It's not all terrible, you can do the always fun combo of popping Misdirection on your Havoc DH and then popping Aspect of Cheetah and Barrage in the Motherlode. Guaranteed fun for the whole team.
10/29/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Orangesilk
10/29/2018 01:13 AMPosted by Moonuredps

It's not all terrible, you can do the always fun combo of popping Misdirection on your Havoc DH and then popping Aspect of Cheetah and Barrage in the Motherlode. Guaranteed fun for the whole team.

Pull 87 mobs, 4 bosses and the Sun all at once!
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#class=Hunter&spec=BeastMastery&timespan=60&dataset=95

Clearer picture:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#class=Hunter&dataset=95&timespan=60

Love how we go from the 90s to the 80s and yet blizzard insists we needed the 5% nerf. Thanks blizz!
Read my Forum entry: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769698629

Not only are they throwing us slowly but surly to the ground, they've also made it where certain commands aren't able to be cast at certain times. They've made it where you literally have to pound the kill command ability to have it go off at the right time. You can barley even touch cobra shot at this time and it goes off without no problem at all.

Blizzard is setting up the players for failure. Right after kill command goes off, you can tap cobra shot back to back, and then it takes forever to have kill command goes off. No matter how many times you attempt to get the perfect rotation, they've made it where Kill Command locks out for a couple of seconds instead of it being a correct timed cast.
10/27/2018 04:41 AMPosted by Scorchess
Lol @ all the bm hunters complaining about the nerfs shut up already you play the most easiest class that can be top 5 on the dps charts. How about you just play the game and enjoy it you should be grateful that BM isn't !@#$ like feral that 5% nerf could of been a whole lot worse. So, stop whining like a bunch of 12 year olds and have fun lmfao.
BM isn't actually as faceroll as it has in the past. I have multiple 350+ characters and I'd have to say enhance, havoc, ret, and mage specs are easier.