8.1 End of Disc Priest in arenas

Arenas
1 2 3 6 Next
Looking over the patch notes its hard to understand the justification blizzard has for what they are doing to disc.

Focus will is only going to stack once meaning the reduction is going from 30%->15%. (This was recently nerfed from 40->30.)

Next weakened soul is making a comeback meaning rapture is even more susceptible to purges, which will be huge vs comps that disc already struggles against like turbo.

Hpal is looking god tier with the buffs they are receiving and Rsham is remaining on top with a buff/nerf to unleashed where the initial burst heal is more but the followup heal is less.

These changes likely due to PVE will ruin disc in 3s.

Blizzard please re consider these changes. The only reason priest has a high representation on the ladder is due to rogue mage being so strong. By no means is disc op in 3s and these changes will make us completely trash.

Every melee cleave will train disc which has the least mobility of all healers and no snare/root protection.
I’ve hovered around 1900 every season I’ve played, can barely approach 1600 playing with lfg people this season. Guess I’m rolling shadow if these changes go live, depressing.
Going from the most OP current spec (disc) to the most OP 8.1 spec (shadow). I feel sooo bad for you priests
10/24/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Jason
Going from the most OP current spec (disc) to the most OP 8.1 spec (shadow). I feel sooo bad for you priests
atleast they have viable specs pft now all 3 specs of theres on par while we cant get 1 up to-date.

Right. Cuz playing priest obviously means you play all of the specs. It’s not like healing and dps are different at all

Not sure what you even mean? A lot of us are exclusive healers so there is no way I would switch to shadow. Two completely different worlds.

Also, not sure how you figure disc to be the most OP spec? Like lol wut? Of all healers rsham is easily the best one. With changes coming to 8.1 pally is looking to be either the best if not second best. (I speak on 3s its retarded to argue about 2s or RBGs)

Also Hpal can play FMP or RMP which is still god tier.

The problem was not the priest it is the rogues and mages. Huge survivability nerf on the least mobile healer....

You do realize how much damage reduction is getting taken away from shadow in 8.1 right?

I'm pretty sure both Hpal/Rsham are better than disc atm so...
if disc couldnt just spam bubbles and deal dmg to heal everyone they bubbled it wouldnt seem so op.. but bubble being a spammable is like watch me go god mode.
Rapture ignores weakened soul btw and you aren't supposed to spam PW:S on a target that has atonement already, the real hit is all the damage nerfs.

The changes correctly punish you for being locked out on shadow mend by not letting you spam PW:S, however smart priests will still pool radiance/penance so it's really not going to be a big deal.
Disc healing output is already garbage. Now its going to be even more of a purge/spellsteal fest. They need to put purge and spellsteal on a cd like they have dispel. Turbo is broken enough already with one brainless monkey running around spamming purge negating druid and priest heals. This has Holinka written all over it. They should have just left him in the grave where he belongs.
10/24/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Goat
if disc couldnt just spam bubbles and deal dmg to heal everyone they bubbled it wouldnt seem so op.. but bubble being a spammable is like watch me go god mode.

LMFAO... No idea how Disc works... /moron.
Resto Druids are welcoming Discs at the Trash Healers' Club, make yourself comfortable.
Honestly disc is the only healer I've struggled to survive with vs melee cleaves (I haven't played MW this expansion). I can understand they're overperforming in PvE and deserve these nerfs (in PvE only) but the nerf to focused will is going to 100% kill them outside of RMP, in which case they will be dropped for HPal.

For real though, I have zero idea what they were thinking with the focused will change. Was it the people complaining in war mode? Are they too strong on skittish mythic+? Can turbo not zug zug hard enough?

And also I think the nerfs to disc will have extreme consequences for the PvP playerbase. And I'm not just saying this because my portrait is set to my priest. A majority of healers I see are playing disc priests. Nerfing them to D tier when they aren't overperforming at all will only reduce the already low healer player pool by a good chunk.
10/24/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Crypticcross
Honestly disc is the only healer I've struggled to survive with vs melee cleaves (I haven't played MW this expansion). I can understand they're overperforming in PvE and deserve these nerfs (in PvE only) but the nerf to focused will is going to 100% kill them outside of RMP, in which case they will be dropped for HPal.

For real though, I have zero idea what they were thinking with the focused will change. Was it the people complaining in war mode? Are they too strong on skittish mythic+? Can turbo not zug zug hard enough?

And also I think the nerfs to disc will have extreme consequences for the PvP playerbase. And I'm not just saying this because my portrait is set to my priest. A majority of healers I see are playing disc priests. Nerfing them to D tier when they aren't overperforming at all will only reduce the already low healer player pool by a good chunk.

You don't think disc priests are over performing? Based on which metric?
The focused will nerf is 100% due to Warmode crying world pvp babies.

The focused will nerf will be the downfall of the only cloth healer where the current meta, almost all melee's highest damage is white attacks.
10/24/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Wediscodisco
Well I looked up statistics on thelootdistrict which shows they are the second most represented spec in the game above 2k. Looking purely at this they do deserve nerfs.

However, I would like to argue that they are only showing huge representation due to Rogue/Mage being disgustingly overtuned right now. I do definitely think that dark archangel provides too much power but they have a hard time recovering from CC and their mana bar empties when they have to throughput heal.

If the meta were to slow down at all or if Rogue/Mage were to receive the nerfs they deserve, I believe they would fall out of favor incredibly quickly.

My source:
https://thelootdistrict.com/pvpstats/?bracket=3v3&faction=all&region=US&showme=represent&rating=2000

It seems their representation currently is entirely tied to turbo and RMP looking at these numbers while HPal also seems pretty tied to RMPala from statistics alone.
10/24/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Bearheart
Rapture ignores weakened soul btw and you aren't supposed to spam PW:S on a target that has atonement already, the real hit is all the damage nerfs.

The changes correctly punish you for being locked out on shadow mend by not letting you spam PW:S, however smart priests will still pool radiance/penance so it's really not going to be a big deal.

You literally have no clue how Disc is played. No one spans bubbles when shadow mend is locked unless you are 1300 rating. The big deal, the huge deal is the completely ridiculous 15% DR loss. Doing this to a CLOTH healer with 0 mobility is completely ignorant considering we already have to pop every CD we have to stay up in arena and are oom in 2 minutes flat if we don't get a peel. Hell still can't escape melee even with peels
When my main gets nerfed everyone just laughed so I have no pity. BM had 3 major separate set of nerfs and all I heard were people laughing bcuz they hate BM. Now I get to sit back and watch the fireworks. Waiting on the priest tears. Getting me some popcorn
10/24/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Crypticcross
10/24/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Wediscodisco
Well I looked up statistics on thelootdistrict which shows they are the second most represented spec in the game above 2k. Looking purely at this they do deserve nerfs.

However, I would like to argue that they are only showing huge representation due to Rogue/Mage being disgustingly overtuned right now. I do definitely think that dark archangel provides too much power but they have a hard time recovering from CC and their mana bar empties when they have to throughput heal.

If the meta were to slow down at all or if Rogue/Mage were to receive the nerfs they deserve, I believe they would fall out of favor incredibly quickly.

My source:
https://thelootdistrict.com/pvpstats/?bracket=3v3&faction=all&region=US&showme=represent&rating=2000

It seems their representation currently is entirely tied to turbo and RMP looking at these numbers while HPal also seems pretty tied to RMPala from statistics alone.

So... Disc priests no matter which rating you chose based on your own source are the #1 represented healer in arena, however Paladins take over at 2600+

And you don't think they need a nerf because the comps they play are OP, not because they are op?

So do Resto shamans, MW monks and Resto druids need buffs then? Because they should be allowed to play with rogue and mage as well?