A Simple Fix for PVP Griefing

War Mode and World PvP
Make it so you can't go into a zone with Warmode on if you are above the level that the zone scales to. Simple. No more 120's killing people who can't fight back. Only good old fashion world pvp with people who are in your level range. This will encourage a lot more people to turn it on if they know they wont be one-shotted by some random 120 swooping down on them with their flying mount.
Sounds like war happened in war mode.
Im sorry, what? I'd like to hear some actual counter arguments please.
Or perhaps, make it so the people who are out of the zones level range get sharded together away from the people who are within the range.
Or do what GW2 does and scale your stats down to the level of the zone. You still get talents and !@#$, but yeah. This should've been done instead of world scaling to begin with.
10/29/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Gorjug

There's already a solution that will make you immune to PVP griefers: turn off war mode.

10/29/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Zevorigt
Or do what GW2 does and scale your stats down to the level of the zone. You still get talents and !@#$, but yeah. This should've been done instead of world scaling to begin with.

I think that would be good too, but unfortunately clueless 120s whined so much about being beaten by more skilled 116s that they took the scaling out.
10/29/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Yarrow
Sounds like war happened in war mode.

There's already a solution that will make you immune to PVP griefers: turn off war mode.

Warmode is War Mode. Welcome to a PvP server.
It is a risk you take with having it on...the bonus 10% might be worth the risk...
This doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing. There is a better way. I think we can all agree that Warmode off just gets boring. I mean, what's the point of even having two factions? World pvp with people in your level range is fun. Getting ganked by people who are a much higher level is not.

Maybe even make it so if you are not in the level range of the zone, you can't target people who are. It's not like you even have to work to grief people anymore. You can just make a trial 110 character and go grief lowbies.

The point is, I feel like warmode could be so much better than it is right now. The 10% exp bonus is imo, irrelevant. What i want is world pvp with people in my level range.
if they would stop removing dangers from the world. Gankers wouldnt feel so compelled to bring it roaring back.

Nice what i love most is questing with a lvl 30 friend and then just watching him die cause i cant target the ENEMY FACTION killing him. not a fan.

would i still be allowed to enter these zones to gather herbs? or would i need to level up an alt just to gather swiftthistle? real questions.

Id just think things through a lil bit before blurting out stupid ideas.

i do enjoy how turning off warmode ISNT THE ANSWER
Sorry dude but this is what PvP realms have been for well over a decade. Just be happy you can just turn off PvP, before BFA you had to switch realms for that privilege.

Like yesterday I was flying around returning some quests from islands. Then over that swamp in East of the barrens my spy add-on went off. I found some low level as alliance riding down the road. I flew down, one hit him and continued on my merry way. That brought me some entertainment not so much the other guy.

If you want to play with the 10% bonus you better be ready to earn it.
Warhammer did it best. If you went into a starting zone as a high level it'd give you a warning. If you ignored it, it turned you into a level 1 chicken with no way to defend yourself until you ran out of the area. It was pretty priceless.

And that wasn't exactly what i'd call a pvp optional game.
10/31/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Zérgling
I flew down, one hit him and continued on my merry way.

I've always called that a "ganking of opportunity" - happens to all of us at some point or another. Even being on the receiving end of one of those can be fun - sure keep you on your toes for a while.
Don’t like war turn off warmode.
10/31/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Neghrar
Warhammer did it best. If you went into a starting zone as a high level it'd give you a warning. If you ignored it, it turned you into a level 1 chicken with no way to defend yourself until you ran out of the area. It was pretty priceless.

And that wasn't exactly what i'd call a pvp optional game.

Yeah I remember that fun also, the people who ganked the low lvls just made a trial account and ganked the new lvlers with bis gear instead.
10/29/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Gorjug
Or perhaps, make it so the people who are out of the zones level range get sharded together away from the people who are within the range.

Maybe I'm just tired, but if you'd like to read some actual counter arguments you can scroll down just a little bit and find a handful of other complaint threads. The topic is beaten to death.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKT
10/29/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Gorjug
Make it so you can't go into a zone with Warmode on if you are above the level that the zone scales to. Simple. No more 120's killing people who can't fight back. Only good old fashion world pvp with people who are in your level range. This will encourage a lot more people to turn it on if they know they wont be one-shotted by some random 120 swooping down on them with their flying mount.

nope i need bones for my gladiator achievement
10/29/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Gorjug
Only good old fashion world pvp with people who are in your level range.

This has never been the case, ganking has been in the game since day 1.

Sure, ideally everyone wants to PvP with people in their level range. But forbidding those who play with War Mode on from entering certain zones is a restriction that will never happen.

I would suggest either camping your main in the level that you are planning on leveling in to try to counter gank, or make some friends who are willing to come bail you out.
There is no such thing as griefing in world of warcraft. If you have warmode turned on it's anything goes; You chose to get killed by 120's and be camped.
Why bother leveling with WM on? You're kind of creating the issue yourself.