BlizzCon 2018 Expectations & Security Updates

General Discussion
10/30/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Demonoid
10/30/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Ythisens

As for the security updates I mentioned earlier, we recently posted a blog on the BlizzCon site that I want to mirror to increase awareness. We’ve enhanced our security this year so I want to make sure to mention that you guys should look at arriving earlier than previous years especially if you’re wanting to catch the opening ceremony live on Friday.

As for the measures we’ve added Metal Detectors as well as Bag Checks at every point of entrance this year. For any additional information about locations of entrances, ADA accessibility, cosplay check-ins, and restrictions, please check out the post on the BlizzCon site about the updates to the usual processes this year:
https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/22564764/blizzcon-2018-entry-points-update-be-sure-to-arrive-early

As a Virtual Ticket owner I Feel left out. Do you guys plan to implement a way to check our bags virtually so we feel as though we could possibly be threatening?

It's somewhat emasculating to just be assumed to be a good guy just because I'm watching from the comfort of my own office/home.

Oh they will scan your PC/device for virus and malware before you are allowed to watch the stream, this can take up to 4 hours so please login early to get scanned, also best to delete your internet browser history before the scan! :D
What about GCD?
Is that it? You should create hype not lower expectations man. Tell us there is going to be a big reaveal or something. This is nonsense.
10/30/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Demonoid
10/30/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Ythisens

As for the security updates I mentioned earlier, we recently posted a blog on the BlizzCon site that I want to mirror to increase awareness. We’ve enhanced our security this year so I want to make sure to mention that you guys should look at arriving earlier than previous years especially if you’re wanting to catch the opening ceremony live on Friday.

As for the measures we’ve added Metal Detectors as well as Bag Checks at every point of entrance this year. For any additional information about locations of entrances, ADA accessibility, cosplay check-ins, and restrictions, please check out the post on the BlizzCon site about the updates to the usual processes this year:
https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/22564764/blizzcon-2018-entry-points-update-be-sure-to-arrive-early

As a Virtual Ticket owner I Feel left out. Do you guys plan to implement a way to check our bags virtually so we feel as though we could possibly be threatening?

It's somewhat emasculating to just be assumed to be a good guy just because I'm watching from the comfort of my own office/home.

Did you buy the $10 “Personal space violation” package?

They send some guys wearing “Event Security” T-shirts to your house to frisk you and seize all your kitchen knives.

If you ask nice, they’ll also cut open your sofa cushions.
Metal detectors lol.
11/01/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Sarcasmic
Metal detectors lol.

Do you want a repeat of the Madden Event where 2 men lost their life over someone getting upset?

Like that honestly isnt even something to joke about... You people really take this too lightly...
10/30/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Divium
Its weird to me its ten dollars more and every franchise is trying to keep expectations low.

I just think their costs went up...lots of people keep talking about the increased cost...why that concept seemingly astounds people is lost on me. Costs increase over time thats just how it is.

And as for expectations at blizzcon...imo blizzcons near the release of a new wow expansion are always weak. So if no one said a word to me this year...id naturally have low expectations anyway.
feeling like virtual ticket holders got a bad deal only trans mogs this year really ????Believe it or not some of us are not into trans mogs and making items we already own look like something else just playing dress up I am too old for dress up paid 50 dollars and dont even get anything extra been playing since 2007 and doing the virtual ticket almost as long so disappointed this year it was a lot of money to watch a few videos......