Alliance always at a disadvantage

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 6 7 8 17 Next
11/03/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou
11/02/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Oozo

It doesn't matter how many random BGs you win past the first when trying to complete the dailies. The epic BG matters a lot.

Intentionally avoiding AV isn't going to help your argument.

BTW, your 50/50 at primetime is a hell of a lot worse than my 16W/0L at primetime since switching.

Shes bragging about a 50% winrate when she probably queues with premades. Meanwhile an undergeared Horde solo queues and has a 60% winrate yet she still thinks things are even.

She needs to pretend things are even because she can't admit Horde racials are better and have been better for years. She cant admit shes a 1500 rated player that desperately needs that racial advantage.

You need some help my dude your are thinking wayyyyyy to much over something so small. I have her on bnet she soloqs more then she premades btw .
<span class="truncated">...</span>No one said it’s exactly 50/50. 47/53 is close enough.

Its been 60/40 for multiple years now. The playerbase continuing to go Horde 55%+ and rising play Horde and things like Warmode being 10-1 Horde to Alliance are clear proof of this.

Thats a lie i wq and often do wpvp out in warmode and its pretty even between alliance and horde .
11/03/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou
11/03/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Sydarar
This all goes deeper into faction disparity. One side has more players and activity going on in PvP and PvE, and it's actively caused by the developers themselves via bias. It's just spilled over into PvP.

The level of white knighting in here is just gross. Some people will defend them all the way to the bottom, which now that they're on to mobile games will be fairly soon.

I pointed it out years ago and the same White knights like "Kirama" or w/e her name was and Jughead were repeating the same things as they are now.

And guess what, the imbalance has gotten worse as predicted. 0 reason to play Ally when Horde has better PVP + PVE racials, bigger playerpool and is also favored by Blizz devs for things like Warfronts which they got first.

Um the void elf racials are pretty darn good imo so you are wrong
But since PvE gear IS PvP gear now...

The racials are just a mess. Raiding with a mini-bloodlust, or doing mythic+ with AOE stuns and purges. I mean it's not even close. And the racials tend to inexplicably be on shorter cooldowns. So in general you have offense centered racials on a shorter cooldown, versus weak defensive cooldowns on inexplicably longer cooldowns. That's not balance. That's bias.

And raiding on the Alliance side is very hit and miss. You're lucky to finish heroic and get that on farm. Meanwhile, if you seriously want to push mythic, forget about it. Most of those players get disillusioned and eventually faction change to Horde. So one side has 370+ gear just pouring in, the other doesn't.

Random BG gearing is a joke as well. It's not even decent. They were giving Horde free 370 warfront gear a week into progression, whereas to get it from that stupid conquest bar it's just now rolling in 4-5 weeks before it's irrelevant. The gearing is so bad, you can't gear for battlegrounds in battlegrounds. You're better off going and doing world quests and mythics, and once you've done that, you don't actually need the gear from the conquest bar or the random BG drops. The only people left doing them are people who do it jut for the sport of it. This is all on top of the fact that battlegrounds are actually hard. Winning one on Alliance with a huge gear and racial disparity is honestly harder than anything I've healed in a raid or mythic+, yet you get garbage for doing so.

I guess they're afraid people will actually be able to complete PvE content in battleground gear. As if people seeing and completing content is a bad thing. (And even though most people doing battlegrounds avoid PvE like vampires avoid sunlight.)

Oh yea, and prestige rewards are garbage, too. Quite possibly the grindiest thing in the game, and they can't even bother to give it a mount that people would admire.
11/04/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Kïtanä
I have her on bnet she soloqs more then she premades btw .

You watch her that closely?

How do you know if she's solo queuing or premading?

Furthermore, she doesn't even claim that.
11/03/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Jugajr
I solo queue alliance side as much as with friends.
11/02/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Wigglebutt
Horde wins more bgs = horde gets gear quicker

which means alliance has a worse chance at winning

which means longer and more frustrating losing streaks, while horde keeps getting the gear alliance will never get

I agree with this
11/04/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Arkina
11/02/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Wigglebutt
Horde wins more bgs = horde gets gear quicker

which means alliance has a worse chance at winning

which means longer and more frustrating losing streaks, while horde keeps getting the gear alliance will never get

I agree with this

I have lost 15 bgs in a row, I have never had a losing streak like this on any of my horde characters.
11/04/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Forums
11/04/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Kïtanä
I have her on bnet she soloqs more then she premades btw .

11/03/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Jugajr
I solo queue alliance side as much as with friends.
I heard 2-3 isn’t really premading though. Rarely am I actually in a 5 man.
11/03/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Forums
Players who run with premade groups seem to have a rosier view on faction balance, probably because their win rates are higher than solo pugs.

I only solo queue. In Legion my W/L was roughly 50/50.

Faction balance is fine. It isn't possible to win 100% of the time.
11/04/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Jugajr
11/04/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Forums

I heard 2-3 isn’t really premading though. Rarely am I actually in a 5 man.
Shouldn’t be in a 2-3 man either. Think of the children.
11/03/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Forums
Random bgs are supposed to be casual fun. It's unfortunate when some players stack their teams and then games end up being imbalanced.

Random BG are also for everyone, solo queuers and 2-5 premades. This is a fact. Both are considered "casual".
11/03/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou
11/03/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Muffindiver

You have created quite the fantasy world. Is it a 24/7 thing for you or just when you're playing video games?

Thank you for chiming in White knight, but I don't have time to respond to 1400 rated tauren shamans.

Any plan to accept Bubba's duel challenge? You talk a lot of crap, yet never back it up.
11/04/2018 04:29 AMPosted by Miadra
11/03/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Sydarar
This all goes deeper into faction disparity. One side has more players and activity going on in PvP and PvE, and it's actively caused by the developers themselves via bias. It's just spilled over into PvP.

The level of white knighting in here is just gross. Some people will defend them all the way to the bottom, which now that they're on to mobile games will be fairly soon.

Well, you have to keep in mind, most of the people white knighting it either run premades, or main horde. They may post on Alliance toons, but their mains are horde. They are going to keep pretending it is all fine, because they like their faction having the advantage, and want Blizzard to keep it that way, regardless of how bad it is for the game.

You run in a two man premade.
11/03/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou
11/03/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Muffindiver

You have created quite the fantasy world. Is it a 24/7 thing for you or just when you're playing video games?

Thank you for chiming in White knight, but I don't have time to respond to 1400 rated tauren shamans.

Why do you keep down playing people with rating while having highest 3s at 1550?
11/04/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Floyln
In Legion my W/L was roughly 50/50.

How is this relevant to faction balance in BFA?
11/02/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Xeravin
This is only one of many reasons. Others which come to mind:

Horde bring more healers.
Horde seem to reroll into PVP friendly classes.
A lot of alliance healers are noobs who only heal themselves.
Alliance don't work together as a group
When things start out badly, alliance never seem to regroup, they get caught in a situation where half are fighting and half are rezzing.

Suggested fixes:

Learn to play to win. If you (general you, here) have no interest in doing so for whatever reason, stick to dungeons.
Here's a screenshot of my epic bg win on a solo-queued, Horde toon today:

https://imgur.com/z3GfpDj

It wasn't even close. A bunch of Horde players blocked off the choke point between IBT and IBGY, and then the rest of the raid pushed north, burning every Alliance bunker along the way.
11/04/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Forums
Here's a screenshot of my epic bg win on a solo-queued, Horde toon today:

https://imgur.com/z3GfpDj

It wasn't even close. A bunch of Horde players blocked off the choke point between IBT and IBGY, and then the rest of the raid pushed north, burning every Alliance bunker along the way.

Ok? I had an IOC where at the end the allies controlled every single controllable point on the map. I spawned in a GY I didn’t even know existed. I didn’t take a screenie because I never do, but I’ve personally found epics to be fairly 50/50.

That doesn’t mean they are. It means they are for me.
11/02/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Xeravin
This is only one of many reasons. Others which come to mind:

Horde bring more healers.
Horde seem to reroll into PVP friendly classes.
A lot of alliance healers are noobs who only heal themselves.
Alliance don't work together as a group
When things start out badly, alliance never seem to regroup, they get caught in a situation where half are fighting and half are rezzing.

Suggested fixes:
Instead of bonus honor when "your faction needs more soldiers" give bonus Conquest. Even 1/4 or 1/5 the amount you get for a win. That will help us catch up and make those losses count for something. Once queue times are balanced, this gets turned off so as not to encourage AFKing.
Nerf all healing in PVP. Yes again. The priest nerfs coming in 8.1 are not enough. Several classes are nigh-on unkillable and ability scaling at higher iLvls will just make this problem come back. This has been a problem for years, it's shameful it hasn't been addressed in what is supposedly a PVP oriented expac. At least stuns are somewhat under control.

Yeah, I'm not great at PVP, but I try not to drag my group down. My guild is dormant, Mythics have ruined 5 man content for me, LFR is worth doing exactly once per toon, so I thought I'd give PVP another try. I'm not impressed Blizz, I'm not impressed.

You make some great points, especially about rather bad alliance healers. Average alliance healers are lesser skilled than average horde healers. Most of them do not understand how to stay with people who are playing objectives or to play objectives themselves. "I was healing, a lot but you guy don't peel," "Where?" "In mid[dle of nowhere useful] / On the road," GG.

Oh but you'll soon see the forum regs' answer is - and ever will be - "just make a premade." Sadly that is how to get an advantage in this game's lousy PvP. Trolly premades that think they're good vs. soloers. Lousy, for sure.
11/04/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Forums
11/04/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Floyln
In Legion my W/L was roughly 50/50.

How is this relevant to faction balance in BFA?
It’s the same for Bgs...