AB+WG Remastered.........AV....

Battlegrounds
So you guys remastered AB and WG talking about making sure it was geographically even...... Explain to me when you are going to redo AV properly so that the Horde and Alliance have a fair geographical advantage. I guess I figured the fact that over 90pct of the horde has AV selected off it would show some sort of priority over AB+WG. Granted they really did need a rework and it looks great. It just irked me when they said they wanted to make sure it was geographically even, where was that when they started making changes to the AV map. Maybe in the next few blizzcons we will eventually see something about this.
They changed AB? Bleh.
11/02/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Drjoker
So you guys remastered AB and WG talking about making sure it was geographically even...... Explain to me when you are going to redo AV properly so that the Horde and Alliance have a fair geographical advantage. I guess I figured the fact that over 90pct of the horde has AV selected off it would show some sort of priority over AB+WG. Granted they really did need a rework and it looks great. It just irked me when they said they wanted to make sure it was geographically even, where was that when they started making changes to the AV map. Maybe in the next few blizzcons we will eventually see something about this.

Yeah the AV map is Horde favored and a needed change is breaking the IB GY choke.
11/02/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Floyln
11/02/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Drjoker

Yeah the AV map is Horde favored and a needed change is breaking the IB GY choke.
You mean its favored towards Alliance right?
11/03/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Drjoker
11/02/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Floyln

You mean its favored towards Alliance right?

No, because it really is horde favored.
Just stop it. Allies have the definite edge in your npcs and structures in ease of defense. The only thing you people harp about is a choke point that requires 20+ Horde to defend before it is effective. We are talking about actual map advantages, not a single choke point that you hate and probably haven't had to deal with in years.
11/03/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Obsidius
Just stop it. Allies have the definite edge in your npcs and structures in ease of defense. The only thing you people harp about is a choke point that requires 20+ Horde to defend before it is effective. We are talking about actual map advantages, not a single choke point that you hate and probably haven't had to deal with in years.

Get back with me when alliance have a single choke that protects every resource. I mean, it’s not like it requires any strategy to stack a nearly impenetrable choke.

I’m not saying this is the only reason alliance lose, but denying it gives the map a definite horde advantage is laughable.
It hasn't been an advantage since they introduced reinforcements. So without that, you have all the advantages...especially base design.
11/03/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Obsidius
It hasn't been an advantage since they introduced reinforcements. So without that, you have all the advantages...especially base design.

No, it actually became more of an advantage with resources. Without resources, alliance had an equally strong choke at DB bridge. With resources, that bridge is not even close to IB choke. Alliance have to sacrifice too many resources while horde sacrifice none.

Time to change IB choke.
I love you alliance and your theoreticals. Tell me, when is the last time you actually ran into a choke at IB of more than 8 people? Hmm?
11/03/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Obsidius
I love you alliance and your theoreticals. Tell me, when is the last time you actually ran into a choke at IB of more than 8 people or more? Hmm?

I rarely play AV and use it or not, doesn’t change the fact that it makes the map horde favored.
11/03/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Jadei
I love you alliance and your theoreticals. Tell me, when is the last time you actually ran into a choke at IB of more than 8 people or more? Hmm?

I rarely play AV and use it or not, doesn’t change the fact that it makes the map horde favored.
Right. That's what I thought. So, you have structurally established advantages in all of your bunkers and especially your base design that you utilize in every...single...game... but one Horde choke point that you haven't seen used in years counts the whole map as "Horde Favored"? lol...

Right. That's what I thought. So, you have structurally established advantages in all of your bunkers and especially your base design that you utilize in every...single...game... but one Horde choke point that you haven't seen used in years counts the whole map as "Horde Favored"? lol...

You can blame every alliance structure or npc and it still doesn’t change the fact that horde have a choke that protects every resource while alliance do not. Fix that and maybe we can talk about any possible alliance advantages.

Flip IB and FW and you’ll see what alliance have to work with.
Yeah, you alliance have so much trouble winning AV it's so "Horde Favored" lol...
11/03/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Obsidius
Yeah, you alliance have so much trouble winning AV it's so "Horde Favored" lol...

I said it wasn’t the only reason alliance lose. I said it makes the map horde favored and it does. You’ve not said anything to convince me otherwise.
11/03/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Jadei

I said it wasn’t the only reason alliance lose. I said it makes the map horde favored and it does. You’ve not said anything to convince me otherwise.

This guy, and the OP, seem to think the Alliance is winning Alterac Valley. They're clueless.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

You haven't played AV during mid Legion or after 8.0.

https://imgur.com/a/UUEd5b5

Do you think a game goes on for over an hour without a turtle?

They fail to notice their choke points they have at the same time. I've seen few very few groups actually counter horde with it due to committed numbers but when they do it works.
11/03/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Mccritical

They fail to notice their choke points they have at the same time. I've seen few very few groups actually counter horde with it due to committed numbers but when they do it works.
You mean the bridge that gives up 3/4 of the map? How about hordes last choke into the keep which you have to run in through the hut? At least the bridge you can go around behind south bunker or even north bunker with a well placed gateway.

Actually yes.. av is dominated by horde this expansion. Every single game horde turtles at the choke point and the game ends up dragging on forever and the alliance loses.

I've basically given up trying for the 100 conquest because it's not worth it.