Is Drain Tanking Dead?

Warlock
Affliction has and remains my favourite spec. One of the things I really loved about it and Warlocks in general is the ability to Drain Tank. However, I very rudely discovered when I tried this after coming back for BfA my mana evaporated in seconds. Then I discovered LT was gone.

Has Blizzard killed Drain Tanking? If so, why?
11/03/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Dezastre
Affliction has and remains my favourite spec. One of the things I really loved about it and Warlocks in general is the ability to Drain Tank. However, I very rudely discovered when I tried this after coming back for BfA my mana evaporated in seconds. Then I discovered LT was gone.

I didn't know that it had a name like "Drain tanking" but I guess so. you go through that mana quick nowadays. I don't know of a single scenario where I'm soloing something for so long that I went through all my mana tho.

Yes they killed it. And it's not mana cost only, it's self healing that was nerfed as well. I assume they did it cause it was op when affliction could just skip mechanics by sitting there draining or having burning rush perma active.
Yes, because it was insanely op.
Technically you can still spec Drain Soul to get close to the former drain tanking style because of the super reduced mana cost

Otherwise, yes they killed it because cmon, being able to drain through debuffs in Mythic raids or high level dungeons was pretty dang ridiculous. Just a shame the compensation is cheesy Azerite trait

Traditional drain tanking has been dead since the original style talent trees died in Cataclysm.

True Drain Tanking has been dead since Soul Siphon went away, not even referencing SL/SL.