Bosses are too damn small

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Can someone at Blizz please scale up some of the bosses? Specifically Adderus, Aspix and Valyri. Each cyclone and cinderflame I just stand there squinting at the blur of spell effects that the boss is somewhere inside of until the cone hits me and I die. I don't know if they played it, but in Legion all the bosses were 25 feet tall and you could see what was happening, I think maybe for a reason?
Yeah, I have this problem too sometimes. Too many spell effects, too many colorful enchants, too many gaudy mogs, just lots of stuff going on makes it hard to see things sometimes.
They already had to do this with Herbs. Siren's sting especially was very difficult to see with clumped together trees.
And when there's 2+ taurens in the group it's GG no see
remember supremus? lol
Blizzard has been scaling down boss models and hitboxes since Cata, and it's sucked every step of the way.

This wouldn't be a problem if they had Wildstar style warning zones, but they don't.
If you think they are small now wait till you see them on mobile!
I had a problem with how small Zek'voz was as a boss until I did the fight on Mythic and realized that it would be stupid if he was any bigger.

Honestly I think its a minor issue.

There is a choice that the dev's have to make on the matter though.

Because they can be thematic towards a boss size, but if its too small or too big its not helpful.

For instance in LK Arthas was like 15 ft high or something despite being an ordinary human in terms of size. But how stupid would the fight be if it were normal.

In general I would imageint that some thought process goes into the question of how big bosses are and so I think blizz is trying to do the best thing. With that said there is no doubt that in general the bosses, both raid and dungeon seem to be getting a little smaller on average.
It is kind of frustrating when DBM warns you not to stand in front and you can't even see the boss in the mass of pets and spell effects... My best bet is usually to watch the tanks position.
11/07/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Dravidia
It is kind of frustrating when DBM warns you not to stand in front and you can't even see the boss in the mass of pets and spell effects... My best bet is usually to watch the tanks position.

Yeah it helps if the tank puts a Skull on himself. Or a square if DBM is using skull for some reason.
11/07/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Leafblight
11/07/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Dravidia

Yeah it helps if the tank puts a Skull on himself. Or a square if DBM is using skull for some reason.

Or stand on those pets. They are always behind.
Agreed! It can also be hard to tell which direction the cleaving dude in SotS is facing.
11/07/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Wollbane
I had a problem with how small Zek'voz was as a boss until I did the fight on Mythic and realized that it would be stupid if he was any bigger.

Honestly I think its a minor issue.

There is a choice that the dev's have to make on the matter though.

Because they can be thematic towards a boss size, but if its too small or too big its not helpful.

For instance in LK Arthas was like 15 ft high or something despite being an ordinary human in terms of size. But how stupid would the fight be if it were normal.

In general I would imageint that some thought process goes into the question of how big bosses are and so I think blizz is trying to do the best thing. With that said there is no doubt that in general the bosses, both raid and dungeon seem to be getting a little smaller on average.

I can totally appreciate they'd have thematic or consistency reasons to scales bosses on the smaller size. But I cant see any reason at all the bosses in the expansion cant be super tall. Ideally for me every thing mechanic should be visible and consistent in a manner that lets us avoid or survive them all if played flawlessly. But that concept didn't seem to cross over to the BFA developers, another good example is Harlan Sweete, as far as I can tell theres absolutely no warning for his knock back, which is something I feel shouldnt exist.
No I don't want them to make Mythrax bigger :c
As a tank, bosses are plenty big already.
11/09/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Ayaan
No I don't want them to make Mythrax bigger :c

Yeah i just noticed the other day that mythrax has like a floating laser beam by his head, after 2 months of fighting him every week I just noticed this.
11/09/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Hapablap
another good example is Harlan Sweete, as far as I can tell theres absolutely no warning for his knock back, which is something I feel shouldnt exist.

I think the black/white lines charge up for like half a second (maybe a full second) before they fire out. Could be wrong but I'm sure I remember seeing this.

Not much of a warning considering they come out pretty fast and you may not have much room to play with anyway. I look for them and still get caught sometimes.

Some bosses though, like

11/03/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Hapablap
Adderus, Aspix and Valyri

DEFINITELY need their size scaled up.
11/11/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Cynalessa
11/09/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Hapablap
another good example is Harlan Sweete, as far as I can tell theres absolutely no warning for his knock back, which is something I feel shouldnt exist.

I think the black/white lines charge up for like half a second (maybe a full second) before they fire out. Could be wrong but I'm sure I remember seeing this.

Not much of a warning considering they come out pretty fast and you may not have much room to play with anyway. I look for them and still get caught sometimes.

Some bosses though, like

11/03/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Hapablap
Adderus, Aspix and Valyri

DEFINITELY need their size scaled up.

1 Tauren on Aspix makes it nearly impossible to see him.
this is why I always put a skull on the boss (or boss target on council fights) out of habit, and a triangle + moon on the tank + healer respectively
Boss size is fine especially if you tab target. I use a huge monitor.