Reporting toxic players

Customer Support
Hi, I know I'm not in the right support section but I was listening to BlizzCon panel on reporting toxic players and I was wondering if you guys have a plan to not only allow people to have a good playing experience by putting toxic players aside but actually helping them. Cause someone with such behavior has to be living some difficult stuff.
Those kinds of people, more often than not, only do the things they do to cause trouble. Some of them may be grounded in some mental disorders or emotional issues, but I doubt it's a majority. Banning them, punishing them and moving them away from the decent people is the most effective path, in my opinion.

I just wish crackdowns were more common. Toxic people being allowed to be toxic for a while is an issue on the forums, despite numerous reports. We're dealing with that right this second with someone cursing me out and spamming a nice Lounge thread with YouTube links.
11/03/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Bigpapy
Cause someone with such behavior has to be living some difficult stuff.

Not all of them. Many are just selfish.

It's best not to worry about it too much.
Depends if they get reported if it warrants penalties it will be applied sooner or later bad behavior catches up to the player.
Cause I think that players like that are isolated, maybe no friends. We could have players that are good and could maybe try and talk to them during the game. IDK I'm just pitching an idea here. Someone who could support them beyond the game time. People could apply, volunteer for this support aid role. People with a no consideration behavior is often because no one considers them. By considering them, the world will just be better.
TBH this is the wrong forum in this case i would use the ingame suggestion feature you would only get trolled in general and flamed by the player base.
You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

A lot of toxic people feel they are in the right (see posts of people who were silenced). Blizzard is a video game company here for profits, not to ensure toxic people reform. It kind of is outside of their scope.
Hi, I know I'm not in the right support section but I was listening to BlizzCon panel on reporting toxic players and I was wondering if you guys have a plan to not only allow people to have a good playing experience by putting toxic players aside but actually helping them. Cause someone with such behavior has to be living some difficult stuff.
It's in game now. right-click>report player for>language. If you feel it needs it, include a brief description of why you are reporting them. If Blizzard feels they are breaking the rules, Blizzard will apply a Silence. Every time a Silence is applied, the length of it doubles. It doesn't take may times before they are Silenced for a month or more. It is a lot more effective than a ban. If you ban them, they just create a new account and start up again. Bans generally don't act as deterrents for this kind of behaviour.
So after multiple deaths trying to turn in a quest at Seekers Vista....by a mob of rabid Hordsters….I am wondering if this gang mobbing is considered toxic by other people or do you consider it ito be just part of the game? My repair bills are astronomical taking away any gains from the quests and any joy from the game. I tried reporting a few of them (it's a huge mob and they kill people as they are landing on the flight path, just trying to turn in quests...). As soon as I reported the players (I think I got 3 of them off) I was DC'd from the game...so I'm guessing the servers don't like people reporting this? SO, isit considered part of the game? Cuz I sure don't see the fun in it.....
11/04/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Tunklit
So after multiple deaths trying to turn in a quest at Seekers Vista....by a mob of rabid Hordsters….I am wondering if this gang mobbing is considered toxic by other people or do you consider it ito be just part of the game? My repair bills are astronomical taking away any gains from the quests and any joy from the game. I tried reporting a few of them (it's a huge mob and they kill people as they are landing on the flight path, just trying to turn in quests...). As soon as I reported the players (I think I got 3 of them off) I was DC'd from the game...so I'm guessing the servers don't like people reporting this? SO, isit considered part of the game? Cuz I sure don't see the fun in it.....

PvP happened. Turn off warmode if you don't want to pvp.
11/04/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Merdrah
Cause someone with such behavior has to be living some difficult stuff.

Not all of them. Many are just selfish.

It's best not to worry about it too much.
11/04/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Tunklit
PvP happened. There is nothing to report. Turn off Warmode.

Also, the dc when reporting is usually an addon issue. Try resetting your UI using https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549
I don't use add-ons. And I enjoy PvP, strangely, Hordesters that don't travel in large gankin mobs don't behave this way and you can actually have a decent, strategic fight. That is not what this is. This is a mob. So I listened to the Play Nice, play fair talk and I'm confused....gang like mobbing is ok and what they are talking about is simple bad language? Really?
World PVP is not meant to play fair. There's no rule saying you can't go around in a group and kill the other faction.
11/04/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Tunklit
I don't use add-ons. And I enjoy PvP, strangely, Hordesters that don't travel in large gankin mobs don't behave this way and you can actually have a decent, strategic fight. That is not what this is. This is a mob. So I listened to the Play Nice, play fair talk and I'm confused....gang like mobbing is ok and what they are talking about is simple bad language? Really?
PvP problem has a PvP solution. Blizzard generally does not interfere with PvP-enabled fighting. World-PvP is rarely "fair". If you are looking for "fair" PvP, do battlegrounds or rated PvP.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

What do add ons have to do with it. PvP is at will now. If you don't want to be killed in PvP don't turn on Warmode. It doesn't matter if a group is killing together it is completely within the rules. It sounds like PvP might be for you.
I don't use add-ons.

You should probably perform a Full UI reset anyway to rule out any potential corrupted files you may have.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

And I enjoy PvP, strangely, Hordesters that don't travel in large gankin mobs don't behave this way and you can actually have a decent, strategic fight. That is not what this is. This is a mob. So I listened to the Play Nice, play fair talk and I'm confused....gang like mobbing is ok and what they are talking about is simple bad language? Really?

You should disable Warmode if its getting out of control.
11/04/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Mourningg
What do add ons have to do with it
That had to do with them dc'ing when trying to report.

My bold.

You do not get the 10% durability damage if killed by another player, so your repair bills should not be high if that is the case.