Congratulations Todd Howard

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Fallout 76 seems to be looking mighty fine for a lot of people after Blizzcon 2k18.
Ehhhhh, not buying Fallout 76 mainly because A) it doesn't interest me, B) outdated graphics and C) Gamebryo, whoops I mean, "Creation Engine" is a buggy piece of garbage that Bethesda absolutely positively NEEDS to trash and get something better.

Now I hear you say that WoW has outdated graphics. True, but it's artstyle is still aesthetically pleasing which makes up for the graphics.

Fallout aesthetics don't interest me, at least not to the point where I'd let slide the outdated graphics.

EDIT 2: Also if I was gonna leave WoW for a game based on a Bethesda IP, I'd start playing ESO.
this maybe being a bit picky, but instead of typing 2K18, you could have just typed 2018. same amount of keystrokes and everything.
I love Fallout but it isn't comparable to WoW as far as fantasy and playstyle. I'll be playing both.
I've always preferred High Fantasy over Sci-Fi and especially over post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi; the only case where the opposite is true for me is with 40k, which is basically a blend between High Fantasy and Sci-Fi.
I dont like post apocalyptic settings. If I'm moving games I'm more likely to go to ff14 or osrs.
Fallout 76 isn't even a fallout game. Then again, every Fallout game created by Bethesda has missed the mark every time. It's supposed to be a grim and bleak post-apocalyptic world as imagined by the people of the 1950's, with subtle gallows humor reflecting the rather terrible state the world is in.

Bethesda's fallout games completely miss the mark, with awful Reddit-tier humor, bright and peppy atmospheres with smiling faces and silly quirkiness abound, and resources? What do you mean they're supposed to be scarce?

Perhaps the closest Bethesda got to the original fallout 1 and 2, maybe even new vegas, atmosphere was the glowing sea in Fo4. Unfortunately, the rest of the game was crap unless you like post-apocalyptic minecraft.

Truth is, Fallout 76 was trash from the start.
11/04/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Ikethespike
this maybe being a bit picky, but instead of typing 2K18, you could have just typed 2018. same amount of keystrokes and everything.

Actually, writing "2K18" as the OP did requires 1 more key stroke than 2018 as one has to either hold shift and type K, or hit caps lock and type K.
I might be the biggest Fallout fan on this forum but even I know Fallout 76 is going to be bad.

At least we have the new Red Dead.
11/04/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Xevon
I might be the biggest Fallout fan on this forum but even I know Fallout 76 is going to be bad.

Waiting for my Flying horse with missile launchers on red dead.
Fallou 76 = the Fallout game nobody wanted or asked for. Kind of reminds me of something else we recently saw.
11/04/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Hamstar
Fallou 76 = the Fallout game nobody wanted or asked for. Kind of reminds me of something else we recently saw.

Yeah Im sitting back and watching Fallout 76 for now. If its good I may get it, but so far Im seeing some not so good feedback about it.
11/04/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Xevon

Read dead is so fun, last night i was sneaking around positioning myself while listening in on a bounty, took a misstep, accidently fell down a hill Hot Rod style, and then interrupted my bounty successfully seducing someone in a camp by landing face first right in front of them both

I had to pause the game because i was laughing so hard

I'm not really that hyped about it, but I will play it.
11/04/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Denndei

Actually, writing "2K18" as the OP did requires 1 more key stroke than 2018 as one has to either hold shift and type K, or hit caps lock and type K.

Read again.
11/04/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Denndei

to be fair, I capitalized mine, OP didn't
I got a RDR2 PS4 bundle :)

To be fair at least it isn't a mobile game so it has that going for it. Though it not having the ability for mods or private servers at launch and likely for a decent time after it's release isn't going to be doing it any good as well. That and unless you have friends to play with on it then it likely would really be that worth getting.
Blizzcon was fine just Diablo that was trash
11/04/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Misren
Fallout 76 seems to be looking mighty fine for a lot of people after Blizzcon 2k18.
Hey Todd I didn't know you played wow! When is the next elderscrolls scheduled for release?