MDI ruined M+

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
Esports should never be a thing for a hobby
11/05/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Norayeda
11/05/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack
Oh, darn, I'm sorry. I didn't realize being bad at the game is a protected class.

Never said that.

But raider.io does give people like you the ability to make other WoW players who don't meet your 'standards' to be an excluded class.

Here's the thing, people like me don't want to run with you because while completing a high key with competent people is fun, carrying people makes it a chore.

Some of us like finding the highest challenge possible to test ourselves. We can't do that carrying you.
lol hopefully M+ will get more interesting...they're gonna have to step it up with dungeons though.

They don't have the feel...the "soul" that they used to in Vanilla. Like as tedious as it could be, original sunken temple...after clearing that place, it really did feel like a huge accomplishment...same with maurodon....UBRS...LBRS...

man i'm nostalgic! :D
11/05/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Bearpunch
What is MDI?

Mythic Dungeon Invitational. It’s where the world’s best blood death knights, havoc demon hunters, assassination rogues, and frost mages drag whatever non-shaman healer they can find through mythic dungeons the fastest.

You meant sub rogues dont you?
11/05/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Cuckchan
And for what? So a couple of nerds can be on stage and show that they waste the majority of their day clearing static PvE content?

Haha, so so true.
Though I think OP is over-exaggerating big time, I have to admit the BFA dungeons were clearly designed specifically for the MDI. I'm not sure I'm happy about that.
Bump. This needs to be discussed further until we get a Blue response.

Any plans to make M+ more accessible?
I'm as casual as they come, I don't raid, I don't like it..I'm not even in a guild! I love mythic+ this expansion, I heal, I love the difficulty, I pug all my runs. I love raider io, been pushing it up higher getting closer to 900 now..mythic+ is my end game, I've always enjoyed challenging 5 man content since the old vanilla 5 mans, BC heroics, and pre-nerf cata heroics..If you don't like mythic+ don't do it but don't try and take it away from people like me who LOVE it..It's a great thing and I wouldn't be playing if it wasn't for mythic+...Mythic+ is accessible to anyone who wants to challenge themselves..
11/05/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Katryona
Wait, so people not wanting to take you on THEIR key if you don't meet THEIR standards is unreasonable?

Never said that either.

But raider.io catches people in a Catch 22 situation.

To get good a person has to play. But if their raider.io scores aren't good enough they don't get to play.
11/06/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Norayeda
Wait, so people not wanting to take you on THEIR key if you don't meet THEIR standards is unreasonable?

Never said that either.

To get good a person has to play. But if their raider.io scores aren't good enough they don't get to play.

Why don't they play with people of similar score?

All these people being "held down" by raider.io c ant get together and help each other?

Never said that either.

I'm just not buying that excuse, sorry
All I know is the last time I tried to pug an M (2) is I waited over an hour to get in.

I blame raider.io.
11/07/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Norayeda
All I know is the last time I tried to pug an M (2) is I waited over an hour to get in.

I blame raider.io.

You're an undergeared, underexperienced dps. If r.io didn't exist you'd be rejected for not having achievements, or being a lower ilvl than the dozens of other dps applying.

Luckily, there's a solution: form your own group. Find a guild. Recruit people into your guild. That's what playing an MMO is about. If that doesn't appeal to you then why are you playing WoW?

If you want character progression without other players there are plenty of single player RPGs out there.

Never said that either.

Run low keys until your io improves, then run higher keys, rinse and repeat.
11/05/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Dvis
11/05/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Cuckchan
Here's my anecdotal experience of M+ currently: nobody in my guild runs M+ besides their weekly +10; my SotS has been untouched this week because why would I ever torture myself putting myself through this dungeon; I'm pretty much at 370: what's the point of running M+? Why aren't 10+ keys offering 385 gear?

Seriously: fix your damn system Blizzard. Why are you going back to catering to a tiny segment of the player base that is not representative of the majority of folks who want to progress through M+ without having to memorize trash pack abilities?

All the other stuff in your post was irrelevant, as this is your true point. Based on your experiences, the entirety of the player population suffers because of M+ ...

So what, he's right
MDI was a farce because well lets see...
Blood DK tank... mmhmmm
Havoc DH.. yea...
Rogue....mmm
Frost Mage...

Well thats lame, lets see what another group is running
Blood DK tank... mmhmmm
Havoc DH.. yea...
Rogue....mmm
Frost Mage...

oh, well maybe next match...
Blood DK tank... mmhmmm
Havoc DH.. yea...
Rogue....mmm
Frost Mage...

Great balancing there Blizzard. Now get back to work on that mobile game

"You guys don't have calculators?"
"You think you want balance, but you don't"
11/05/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Bearpunch
What is MDI?

Mythic Dungeon Invitational. It’s where the world’s best blood death knights, havoc demon hunters, assassination rogues, and frost mages drag whatever non-shaman healer they can find through mythic dungeons the fastest.

cries in warlock
11/06/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Cuckchan
Bump. This needs to be discussed further until we get a Blue response.

Any plans to make M+ more accessible?

More accessible? You want to be able to que for 10s on dungeon finder?

Some advice want to get into groups don’t play a ret pally. There’s too many of them and the spec is bad.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

cries in warlock

Warlocks are fine in M+