Concerning Wands; disenchant fodder.

General Discussion
While reading a summery of the WoW Blizzcon Q&A, the subject of Wands and Transmog came up.

Wands will still not be able to be transmogged over because they are unique and do ranged damage.

This, to me, is dismissive. I already dislike Wands because I can't transmog Main Hand items over them, but the real icing on the cake is that I can't transmog my Legion Artifact over them either. And remember what Blizzard said, "You can transmog your Legion Artifact over any weapon you find, regardless of weapon type." Well, EXCEPT wands, because Wands are unique weapons in that they "do ranged damage."

How about this Blizzard, why don't you give Main Hand weapons (Int Swords, Daggers, etc) and Staves a "wand shoot" animation so those of us who do not like Wands, have never liked Wands, and will NEVER like Wands can actually have some options in how it looks?

Any time I get a Wand from a Dungeon, a WQ reward or from any content that'd award a weapon, I disenchant it. I don't care if it's an upgrade, it gets disenchanted.

You know what would make me not disechant a Wand (especially if it's an upgrade)? Being able to at least transmog it to give it the appearance of my Legion Artifact. I mean, how threatening can I look if I look like someone from Harry Potter?
They said it was also more of a coding issue precisely because it's considered a ranged weapon slot. I'd also like to transmog over them (I specifically get staffs for my casters not to deal with them), but this wasn't them simply being dismissive.
So, what you are saying is, that it's going to take them several years to fix it like how it took several years to fix the initial Backpack and tied giving it more more item slots to a service like a Mobile Authenticator?

Attach a 1 free faction change per 15 day period to your account to allow for Wand Transmog!

/s though, I would love to have 1 free faction change every 15 days if I do wish.

Well, ok, it's not totally dismissive, but they probably could fix it if they really wanted to.
11/06/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Vendall
This, to me, is dismissive. I

Why is it dismissive? Its simply the rationale.

Its a wand. Its a ranged weapon. Why should you be able to transmog a sword over it? Should a hunter be able to transmog a polearm over a bow?
11/06/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Mvura
11/06/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Vendall
This, to me, is dismissive. I

Why is it dismissive? Its simply the rationale.

Its a wand. Its a ranged weapon. Why should you be able to transmog a sword over it? Should a hunter be able to transmog a polearm over a bow?

Please, read my second post.

But since you really asked, my real issue, and it's been my gripe since BfA launch is that you can't even transmog a wand to take the appearance of your Legion Artifact weapon (and remember, Blizzard DID say that you can transmog your Artifact over any weapon regardless of type). You can transmog Affliction Artifact (a staff) over a Dagger/Sword+Offhand, which you normally would not be able to do.

It's that my appearance options for Wands is limited to just wands while other weapon types can at least look like my Artifact if I don't like the way the weapon type looks on the gear I have. I mean, I guess it is just nitpicking since I have a good Staff right now, but I dread any (possible) future weapon upgrades if it includes Wands.
Wands mog into other Wands.

Swords don't mog into Staves. The animation is different.

Daggers don't mog into Axes. The animation is different.

Wands mog into something with the same Animation.

Your confusion on this issue shows a lack of critical thinking.