How many have stopped doing "world content"

General Discussion
after reaching exalted. Well blizzard did claim that we could do just that...do nothing. So outside of odd gear quests and pet battles, world content is dead.

Why didn't they put something like paragon chest system from launch?
It's coming
11/06/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Sisterspite

I guess because there was enough complaining about them in legion that they took it to mean people hated the concept entirely. When really most people were just miffed that the mounts they held were random. Personally I loved them, and eagerly await their return!
I still do AP gold and emissary WQ on this guy.

On my mage for the moment I don't care about the rep, but I do pretty. Much all of them if I have time. He has like NO war resources haha.
I did, right up until they amped up the rewards. The increase to Azerite gear has helped me get the traits I actually can use, while 2000 gold and 1000 Azerite turnins are nothing to shake a stick at. (Especially since they also add 400-600 additional Azerite).

Paragon Chest System is coming, and that'll sweeten the pot for me. The increase was a nice motivator to get me back out there. Mind you I don't rush to do them like I used to as I have exalted on every rep but... yeah, it's a cool way to kill an hour.
Now I understand the Blizzard tip ''Take your friends to Azeroth, but remember to go out with them as well''
I'm not even exalted with most things but I barely log in anymore. Everyone I started BFA with have quit playing so gets boring. Guess I could level my horde toons but meh.

Gonna play through old kingdom hearts and maybe some FFXIV instead.
Just doing AP to get 4th rings on my remaining pieces. Emmisaries are turned in as I complete them.
Still revered with voladunai and expedition, probably missed quests while leveling. I don't care. In two weeks time, when I reach 33 on my neck, I probably won't touch a WQ in a long, long time.
I still do some of them, but it's not really a fun experience anymore. I hate spending more time on flight paths than actually playing.
Nothing fun to do out in the world, its the worst it has ever been :P Paragon chests will just be a reward, but it wont be good or fun.
11/06/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Magnarok
hen really most people were just miffed that the mounts they held were random.
Yes this. And pets. !@#$ you khadgar-head-in-a-ball pet.
11/06/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Forums
It's coming

No, it should have already been here! they failed us!
Now I only do a WQ if it has pet charms, or if it's gold (near a flight path... hate navigating the map without flying). Don't need resources.
I still do them here and there for the scrapper. Need that expulsom!
I'm pretty much down to a few hours a week.

Been playing other rando games waiting for 8.1 stuff to do.
World content is still a thing?
Almost. I'm about as geared as casual-me is going to be allowed to get, and have three reps left in order to get 'The Beloved' title on my Pally. Should get the title within the next few days.
After getting exalted with everyone, I stopped doing World Quests. Without the paragon caches, there's no reason to keep going. Although I did start doing them on my Horde toon to get exalted on that side since the mounts don't automatically apply the opposite faction (for no reason) and they have other toys to buy... however, with no Vulpera announcement I've stopped doing WQs on Horde as well b/c my care-o-meter for reputation is shot down pretty hard rn.
I am totally fine with outgrowing "world content" on main.

There are plenty of alts who could use the gear/rep.

Emissaries were fail for several reasons.

1. Required Exalted main, who likely needs nothing.
2. Rewards were too RNG, leading to mostly garbage, since #1 above.
3. Took too long to farm (i.e. quite a few WQs to be eligible for emissary) further making 1 and 2 more of a pain.
4. Alts do not contriubte until exalted making 1,2, and 3 more of an issue.

I hated emissaries and think it was one of the worst systems implemented into the game.

The best option was to just not participate.
11/06/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Sisterspite
after reaching exalted. Well blizzard did claim that we could do just that...do nothing. So outside of odd gear quests and pet battles, world content is dead.

I hated the paragon crap so much. I'm not farming for a whole expansion for a ~chance~ at a mount only to have RNG fail... and then fail... and fail. Let's hope there aren't any good ones this time around like the fox.