Congrats to Locks: #1 At Blizzcon Arena Games

Warlock
The #1 (and only) class not represented in any of the matches.
Good job all! Let's keep up the good work!
Wrong. One of the Chinese teams tried destro fire mage and I think it was mist weaver or hpal.

Problem was they didn't know what they were doing at all and went in against a hard counter of balance druid demon hunter and rsham. They deserved the loss.
It is sad.

I really think WoW Arena is giving WoW a lot of exposure through streaming and Blizzard doesn't put an equivalent time to the development of that area ingame.
11/06/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Sathrago
Wrong. One of the Chinese teams tried destro fire mage and I think it was mist weaver or hpal.

Problem was they didn't know what they were doing at all and went in against a hard counter of balance druid demon hunter and rsham. They deserved the loss.

Biiiingo...

Played the comp wrong into a extremely unfavorable matchup.. no idea why they do that.

11/06/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Echellon

I can clearly see you doing your part.
@EpicBurn

I noticed you're running Flashpoint on your PvP Gear. Can you explain how you use it? I noticed someone else mentioned it in another thread. I've been running three pieces of Crashing Chaos for the one shots. Why do you pick Flashpoint? Better pressure, or is the haste really that insane?

I imagine it probably has something to do with the damage scaling of CB with +dmg being less effective than just getting haste and casting more chaos bolts, since the faster u get them off the less chance they have to react to it. flashpoint+backdraft+RE= a very fast boye

also haste=ember gen
11/06/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Echellon
The #1 (and only) class not represented in any of the matches.

Where is your comp team in the matches?
Why aren't YOU repping in the tournaments? Why do other people have to do that for you, lazy bones?
well from the bottom you can only go up...
bah it ebs and flows. There are times we are ontop times we aren't. It's just a game learn to play other classes or don't pvp. Certainly don't come on here crying like a little baby.
11/09/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Frijolefrito
bah it ebs and flows. There are times we are ontop times we aren't. It's just a game learn to play other classes or don't pvp. Certainly don't come on here crying like a little baby.

We? We don't do rated pvp so we shouldn't be talking trash about the state of specs in it like we're e-badass. They, the folks who actually do rated pvp, have every right to complain.
The only reason destro even sees play in arena is because fire mages (aka greater pyro) is so busted.

The fire mage spams Gpyro and the destro lock spams chaos bolt and eventually they will line up and get a kill.
11/09/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Kallie
The only reason destro even sees play in arena is because fire mages (aka greater pyro) is so busted.

The fire mage spams Gpyro and the destro lock spams chaos bolt and eventually they will line up and get a kill.

RLP is a solid comp as well

Rogue stuns + Destro bang is solid.
11/09/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Epícburn

Would still rather play it with a mage.

it "works" but is still pretty inferior.
Well I'd say they both have their downsides and in my opinion a good rogue beats a good fire mage in these comps. The rogue has more flexibility in fighting enemy teams where as the mage gets hard countered by teams like rsham dh x. The amount of interrupts and mobility ruin their chances at any sort of reliable damage.
Warlocks feel a bit antiquated at this point when you throw them in arena. Like a motionless slab of meat in the middle of a swarm of piranhas. Melee just walk all over them with ease. Too much of a Warlock's damage is tied to standing still and being open to having all their momentum killed with a single interrupt. Melee do not have this issue. They can freely move about whilst putting out some pretty insane DPS, like DHs, Fury, and SV hunters for example. Mages feel this pain too but to a lesser extent because they bring better CC and kiting capabilities, and better defensives.
11/06/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Sathrago

Ha! Every comp counters warlock you simple fool.
I know you think it's sad, because I did too.... then I remembered warlocks (Along with Resto Druid) have been the single most represented class by teams that have WON Blizzconn since its inception. It's actually pretty crazy to think about during all of its high and lows, yet its still topped Blizzconn I think 5ish times on teams.
I was so disappointed in seeing low numbers this year. Ever since legion people migrated away from warlocks.

I missed the good old days of demonology using chaos waves
11/09/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Epícburn

I feel like RLP as destro will be insanely good next patch with the survivability buff.