Vulpera and the Alliance

Story Forum
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/407922285282852865/509536253427843072/WoWScrnShot_110618_171317.jpg?width=1084&height=610

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/407922285282852865/509536222734188549/WoWScrnShot_110618_171206.jpg?width=1084&height=610

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/407922285282852865/509536180228980736/WoWScrnShot_110618_171143.jpg?width=1084&height=610

Alliance side info
There’s a specific ‘To be clear’ line to make sure the Alliance aren’t doing anything shady.

I guess... it’s good that Blizzard knows that morality matters to their players? Hoping for some of the love to be shared on that front, but at least it’s in the picture.
It's a smart move to clarify that, the Alliance can have a their "morally grey" moment against an actual enemy...
we are just scaring them? awwwww. but i am so hungry!
Since we're only scaring them off and not turning them into rugs, does this mean Vulpera are now off the table to be made playable?
The issue has never been the presentation to Alliance players. Alliance players were never tasked with killing Vulpera in their own quests. Alliance NPCs were killing Vulpera in the Horde qeusts. The issue is that the Horde and Alliance versions of the Invasion show radically different things.
11/06/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Murdra
Since we're only scaring them off and not turning them into rugs, does this mean Vulpera are now off the table to be made playable?

Not necessarily. The Vulpera don't know you're just scaring them. If they did the fear tactic wouldn't work. As far as they are concerned you came running at them with a bloody carving knife screaming about collecting their pinkies. They don't need to actually see you collect their pinkies to believe you had the intent to do it.
11/06/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Kisin

Not necessarily. The Vulpera don't know you're just scaring them. If they did the fear tactic wouldn't work. As far as they are concerned you came running at them with a bloody carving knife screaming about collecting their pinkies. They don't need to actually see you collect their pinkies to believe you had the intent to do it.

They're afraid of the totem that the Draenei Shaman gave you. It some how instills fear in them and causes them to flee.
11/06/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Zarry

They're afraid of the totem that the Draenei Shaman gave you. It some how instills fear in them and causes them to flee.

Unless the Vulpera figure out it was the totem my point still stands. They don't know that you didn't mean them any harm.
11/06/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Kisin
11/06/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Zarry

Unless the Vulpera figure out it was the totem my point still stands. They don't know that you didn't mean them any harm.

For all the Alliance player knows, those Vulpera only just survived the Draenei in the kill squads, and the use of the totem is a cheeky way to make them think you’re another of the people that killed their comrades.
11/06/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Yersynia
Hoping for some of the love to be shared on that front
It has been shared. And they're even letting you pick which you prefer. You have the moral path that would see you upholding the values Thrall founded the Horde on, or the amoral path that would see you upholding the letter of the law in support of your dictator.

WTT my tremor totem for this fear totem.
11/06/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Serevèn
11/06/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Yersynia
Hoping for some of the love to be shared on that front
It has been shared. And they're even letting you pick which you prefer. You have the moral path that would see you upholding the values Thrall founded the Horde on, or the amoral path that would see you upholding the letter of the law in support of your dictator.

I’ve never really thought about it that way before.

But that’s probably because that is a reductive and partisan summary that not only discards all critical nuance but deliberately frames the issue outside of valid narrative and metanarrative concerns with Saurfang’s option. So while I thank you for caring enough to contribute to the discussion I feel I am going to stick to my guns here and hope that Blizzard can deliver a Horde narrative not tainted by the various issues I and others have expressed at length in other threads - part of which is an appreciation for the choice but an ongoing dissatisfaction with the parallel trajectory that seems most likely.

Hence the comment you quoted.
I'm not saying this quest wasn't cleaned up for you guys- grats by the way, but there appears to be a Vulpera on fire in that second screenshot.
11/06/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Kazala
The issue is that the Horde and Alliance versions of the Invasion show radically different things.

Welcome to the faction war.
11/06/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Kazala
The issue has never been the presentation to Alliance players. Alliance players were never tasked with killing Vulpera in their own quests. Alliance NPCs were killing Vulpera in the Horde qeusts. The issue is that the Horde and Alliance versions of the Invasion show radically different things.

No they weren't. Alliance players can kill the Vulpera during this quest, should they choose to, largely because they are procced as a hostile enemy. However, unless they changed it with a more updated PTR build ... there are Edit: "Few" dead Vulpera (I saw one) in the Horde incursion quest "Vulpera for a Day".

You see Alliance NPC's fighting Vulpera; You see Alliance NPC's burning their carts; You see several Vulpera shackled and restrained ... however, I scoured this playthrough and I only found a single Vulpera corpse in it. Sorry folks, again unless they changed it, this isn't one of those "showing radically different events" things.

Alliance players can kill Vulpera, but they don't have to; nor were they ordered to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqGJwgBnUkY
Remove the "?width=1084&height=610" from the URL to see the full size.

No. Scaling back the severity of the Alliance's assault just means that if the Vulpera do become a playable Horde option, they'll be seen as overreacting.

11/06/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Shivallah
I'm not saying this quest wasn't cleaned up for you guys- grats by the way, but there appears to be a Vulpera on fire in that second screenshot.

Well... doesn't he look scared?
11/06/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Shivallah

They were already on fire when we arrived.

Yep.
But that’s probably because that is a reductive and partisan summary.
I responded to a base and reductive partisan whine post with kind. Lament how your deeply nuanced narrative has been reduced to a simple two answer quiz by a mean ol' partisan poster all you want, you're just ignoring the fact that it's one, more than what you said you wished for and two, what Blizzard has done. Not me. Your choice for morality is reductive in the face of the greater story elements at play and I had no part in that reality. All Blizz, and more than they've done for the other narrative.

Still, hoping for some of that love to be shared on our front. Someday.