Im tired of Blood DKs being so good

General Discussion
this is not a nerf blood dk post. blood dk is perfect but the rest of the tanks need some serious buffs.

I'm aware VDH and BRM monk have their niche in the awesome factory as well, but I find it ridiculous that blood dk is so consistently perfect compared to every other tank.

I dont know why I'm complaining since I play blood dk but whatever
They're getting nerfed already, what's the point of your thread?
Blood is ridiculous. I did a couple of dungeons on my 110 blood the other day just to see how it compared to my 2 Prot Warriors. Running free hold, I pull the first 3 packs together to see how it felt, no problems there? Move up to the trash packs before the first boss. Now, I pulled 2 packs on the right and was gonna skip the rest but the healer fell off and pulled everything in the lower level, and died on the way back up and the hunter pulled everything up top so now I have like 10 packs of trash, some 30-40 mobs on me. I haven’t played blood in a year so I’m looking at my bars pressing “buttons”. The dps die to party damage and the healer comes back and dies straight away so I just solod it all and never dropped below about 70% hp.

That is what is called “bull!@#$”. Any other tank would have been a stain on the ground but blood, oh no, just press “buttons”, doesn’t even matter which ones, and the dungeon falls at your feet.

My DK is ok geared for Legion, it was always a neglected alt but he had m+15 gear and 2 misc legendaries so I overgear leveling dungeons, sure, but solo pullin half the dungeon at once at level is bull%^-*.

Leveling a Prot Warrior was fine for the record, I tanked in the normal way everything I came across, but this blood DK is like a joke class, it’s not even tanking it’s just faceroll. No tank should be like that, and now everybody expects that if you can’t tank like that then you’re !@#$ and no m+ for you.
Do you need some tissues?
They’re getting nerfed so this thread was pointless.
fwiw 110’s are really strong in bfa- especially with just a few azerites and neck piece

my guardian 110 does the same kind of wreck face in dungeons
11/07/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Oldboy
Blood is ridiculous.

TL;DR version- I took a 110 into a dungeon not built for the gear I have and stomped it.

(Hint, I've done this with every tank. It's just how it is. Get to 120 and run some at-gear content.)

this is not a nerf blood dk post.

I find it ridiculous that blood dk is so consistently perfect compared to every other tank.

Says not making sweeping statement.

Makes sweeping statement.

:thinking:

At any rate, Blood is exceptional for dungeons. They're about middle of the road for raids, less so on specific bosses.
Blood and Brews have been saying this for a while along with every single tank. Blizzard just seems to not care about playerbase and not Boost the tanks that need it. Everyone has been saying boost every damn tank spec back to a good level.
he had m+15 gear and 2 misc legendaries so I overgear leveling dungeon

So, basically you was geared enough to be in mythic raids and you were running a normal dungeon.

And you don't expect to be a monstrosity vs that content?

Though I'm curious why you don't post on your DK.
My DK is ok geared for Legion, it was always a neglected alt but he had m+15 gear and 2 misc legendaries so I overgear leveling dungeons, sure, but solo pullin half the dungeon at once at level is bull%^-*.

Context. You're in what sounds like an early BFA dungeon with a Blood DK in M+15 gear and still-functioning legendaries.
Blood DKs are mechanically superior in almost every way.

Lots of unique tools that enable their playstyle to be the "best of both worlds."

Death Grip might be one of the best spells in the game (when used creatively). Other tanks need more tools to compete. Guardian getting Vortex will help a ton. But Prot Warrior getting something like Heroic Throw as a Death Grip would close the gap. (Heroic Throw would have a chain attached; activate within 3 seconds to pull the target to you.)
11/07/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Tyierin

would you like to make a large bet in regards to the status of blood after its nerf?
11/07/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Worldwartyr

would you like to make a large bet in regards to the status of blood after its nerf?

well unless blizzard massively buffs warriors/druids, still better than them but now worse then DH? on par with monks, who knows about paladins
I'd consider myself pretty evil, actually...
If Blizzard wants to keep the self healing class fantasy of DKs in tact they really need to nerfs their mitigation and max health.

Their self healing should balance out with their mitigation, not renders healers useless with them in the group.
11/07/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Worldwartyr

So this is a nerf post, done in passive aggressive mode.

When Blood DKs were the worst tank in Legion, everyone called for Prot Warrior and Guardian Druid nerfs instead of calling for buffs for underperforming tanks.

looks like the cycle of stupid still continues....
Blood is ridiculous. I did a couple of dungeons on my 110 blood the other day just to see how it compared to my 2 Prot Warriors. Running free hold, I pull the first 3 packs together to see how it felt, no problems there? Move up to the trash packs before the first boss. Now, I pulled 2 packs on the right and was gonna skip the rest but the healer fell off and pulled everything in the lower level, and died on the way back up and the hunter pulled everything up top so now I have like 10 packs of trash, some 30-40 mobs on me. I haven’t played blood in a year so I’m looking at my bars pressing “buttons”. The dps die to party damage and the healer comes back and dies straight away so I just solod it all and never dropped below about 70% hp.

That is what is called “bull!@#$”. Any other tank would have been a stain on the ground but blood, oh no, just press “buttons”, doesn’t even matter which ones, and the dungeon falls at your feet.

Leveling a Prot Warrior was fine for the record, I tanked in the normal way everything I came across, but this blood DK is like a joke class, it’s not even tanking it’s just faceroll. No tank should be like that, and now everybody expects that if you can’t tank like that then you’re !@#$ and no m+ for you.

I pulled all the trash up to and including the first boss in atal dazar on a 111 guardian Druid, and was invincible, making claims that things are op and should be nerfed because you can do massive pulls in normal dungeons on super geared toons is ridiculous and you should feel bad for making such a stupid statement.

11/07/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Goralcos

well unless blizzard massively buffs warriors/druids, still better than them but now worse then DH? on par with monks, who knows about paladins

Warriors are getting some pretty good buffs next patch and I’m interested to see how they perform with it.

I can’t remember if cortex was getting made baseline for druids, if it is seems pretty good along with the 12% damage buff.

Blood has always been strong in dungeons because of it’s kit.
I’m all for other tanks getting more utility to close the gap.
funny thing is its not that DK's need a nerf....its just they nerfed other tanks to the point DK became a no brainer fall back option.

DK's are just the last of the tanks to be gimped. Why they grew in numbers. they nerfed the other tank classes so people went DK. make other tanks better again...less DK's.

OPtion b was taken, now all tanks can be lacking in something.
11/07/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Novablade
They're getting nerfed already, what's the point of your thread?

The nerf is apparently negligible if you play it right.
11/07/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Novablade
11/07/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Worldwartyr

So this is a nerf post, done in passive aggressive mode.

When Blood DKs were the worst tank in Legion, everyone called for Prot Warrior and Guardian Druid nerfs instead of calling for buffs for underperforming tanks.

looks like the cycle of stupid still continues....

ok so no.

its not a nerf post, its a buff tank post. blood dks are fine, other tanks arent.

the end.