Im tired of Blood DKs being so good

General Discussion
11/07/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Worldwartyr
<span class="truncated">...</span>

<span class="truncated">...</span>

So this is a nerf post, done in passive aggressive mode.

When Blood DKs were the worst tank in Legion, everyone called for Prot Warrior and Guardian Druid nerfs instead of calling for buffs for underperforming tanks.

looks like the cycle of stupid still continues....

ok so no.

its not a nerf post, its a buff tank post. blood dks are fine, other tanks arent.

the end.

I'm not sure blood DKs breaking the tank and healer relationship is really what I would call fine.

I mean, do you feel a game should be designed where a tank doesn't need a healer??

Should all tanks not need healers?
Play with me and see how terrible I am at blood :p

ok so no.

its not a nerf post, its a buff tank post. blood dks are fine, other tanks arent.

the end.

I'm not sure blood DKs breaking the tank and healer relationship is really what I would call fine.

I mean, do you feel a game should be designed where a tank doesn't need a healer??

Should all tanks not need healers?

I wouldnt go as far as to say bdks dont need healers, but I dont mind how good their self healing is. If anything our max hp should be a drop lower and thats it. I dunno, I dont like the idea of nerfing tanks at all since so few people play them to begin with
11/07/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Mikuhatsune
Play with me and see how terrible I am at blood :p

Ok! I need to do some dungeons anyway =]

When can you tank for me :3
11/07/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Argorwal
mean, do you feel a game should be designed where a tank doesn't need a healer??Should all tanks not need healers?

depends on ones outlook. A tank that needs less help frees the healer to help the non-tank player who pulled some agro on accident. Outlook I have from eve fleets. fleet will pick and spec out some hard to kill ships. So logistics (what eve calls healing lol) can not worry too much about these ships.

You keep an eye out for the them but you put your focus more on the other stuff that will die faster.

edit: also as the DK's showed...when you make the other tanks suck more, people will pick a tank class that sucks less.

If this nerf is not enough, they re-nerf it. Now paladin is better. these people will then hop on their paladins again. till its nerfed...

the circle of buff and nerf, nerf and buff. that is caused by when 2/3 things suck, people will get that 1/3 that does not.

Edit this is why in eve I am nerf proof. I fly everything after 8 years. they nerf ship X to the ground. I am in ship Y right after.

this my goal with WOW, since a newer player it will take time lol.
11/07/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Worldwartyr
11/07/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Tyierin
They’re getting nerfed so this thread was pointless.

would you like to make a large bet in regards to the status of blood after its nerf?

Oh, you mean the armor "nerf" that doesn't matter so long as you consistently keep bone shield up, which is incredibly simple to do and what Blood DKs already do?

Or you mean the Bonestorm nerf? Which will still be the best m+ talent in the row by far, and singularly better than any other single talent any other tank could pick from their spec? MORE self healing + damage?! Yeah, sounds awful.

I'll bet you these "nerfs" change nothing for the role of best tank NA, sure. Bet.

11/07/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Cyouskin
Blood DKs are mechanically superior in almost every way.

Lots of unique tools that enable their playstyle to be the "best of both worlds."

Death Grip might be one of the best spells in the game (when used creatively). Other tanks need more tools to compete. Guardian getting Vortex will help a ton. But Prot Warrior getting something like Heroic Throw as a Death Grip would close the gap. (Heroic Throw would have a chain attached; activate within 3 seconds to pull the target to you.)

Yep. Best utility, best self heals, 100% AM uptime, best def cooldowns (some tanks only have one, BDK have 3 lolz and Anti-Magic Shell is as broken as CDs come, especially in BFA when all other tanks have NO DEFENSE against magic, this one allows you to cheese entire magic-based mechanics LOL), offensive CD (when some tanks have none lol), a brez, high damage done and more. It's ludicrous.

Did you forget to stomp Blood DKs into the ground when you stomped the rest of the tanks in BFA prepatch Blizz?
His idea was that he wants other classes to get buffed not blood dk get nerfed. But reading is hard.
I have a lvl 120 Frost DK, I solo'ed of all places, The Archway to complete two quests as part of my Suramar story line. I respeced to Blood to see how that would be and literally it was a piece of cake to run.

Mind you I don't run any other spec other than Frost but because there were more mobs than usual running in packs I gave it a try and I survived the whole instance.

Wasn't easy but I did faceroll the place, and the final boss literally begged for mercy, I showed none. Blood FTW!