A casual's view...How to make BFA fun.

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
They almost made this expac amazing. Instead IMO it's stale, flat, and no fun. It's anti-fun. It's still fixable. I'm a casuals casual. I don't raid anymore, and don't do Mythic. But from my perspective, they need to;

(1) Fix crafting. Seriously. Make it fun, useful, and profitable again.

(2) Add outer game world content. More rare pets to find. Actual rares running around that drop cool loot...heck, let them drop the old super rare and much sought after TopHat and Sunglasses recipes amongst other things. Rare hunter pets. Mini quest chains, maybe class specific...something that makes it feel like your progressing your character. Recipes to find for crafting. Anything...reason to be out there running around beside WQ.

(3) Get rid of the Arathi loot pinatas. Let them have a vague chance of a gear drop, otherwise let them drop azerite or something. Gold. Anything but gear. I literally geared an alt to 340 plus just from the rares and the WBs, in a couple hours. Boom! Done. Grats Blizz! You just rendered ALL the other low level content pointless in one swell foop.

(4) Replace heroic dungeons with M-0, make them queue-able. M-0 is what heroics should be, so just call them "heroics". You'll get more people in them AND force them to play nice with others, communicate, and hey, maybe they'll have to do more than "gogogogogo". Give normals the heroic loot tables. Add more pets/mounts to M0, and maybe a chance at some better ilv gear as a rare drop...give people a reason to grind them. Also decent rep/exp gains.

(5) Stromgard warfront; every time is Groundhog Day. Boring. Create a couple alternate scenarios to make it more interesting. It can't be that hard. Don't make every run drop 340 gear. Vary it up some, anything but <insert a quarter> out pops an epic. Also, maybe a gold/azerite reward proportional to what you actually did in the match (besides AFK).

(6) Islands; Make them worthwhile to play and replay. Add a rare/mini boss to them with a chance to drop epic gear iLv appropriate to difficulty...biased towards weapons since they're hard to get otherwise. You have to find/kill the rare, without capping azerite, and before the other team. Rare hard enough to kill, it takes 3. Real gold awards. And hey, if you open a honking big chest, would it kill Blizz to have it give you something right on the spot, like a standard loot chest? Getting everything at the end, via pop up window, is lame.

(7) Tier gear or something similar. Taking out tier gear was huge mistake. Do you know why alot of people, to include raiders, ran and re-ran LFR? That's right, tier gear. Without it, and given the LFR equivalent epics raining from the sky...what reason is there to run LFR? Which the greater proportion of players have always ran. LFR is like getting a root canal, who's going to do it if there's no chance of a meaningful reward? It was repeatable, grindable content, why on earth render it pointless?
11/08/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Jamesfisk
They almost made this expac amazing. Instead IMO it's stale, flat, and no fun. It's anti-fun. It's still fixable. I'm a casuals casual. I don't raid anymore, and don't do Mythic. But from my perspective, they need to;

(2) Add outer game world content. More rare pets to find. Actual rares running around that drop cool loot...heck, let them drop the old super rare and much sought after TopHat and Sunglasses recipes amongst other things. Rare hunter pets. Mini quest chains, maybe class specific...something that makes it feel like your progressing your character. Recipes to find for crafting. Anything...reason to be out there running around beside WQ.

(3) Get rid of the Arathi loot pinatas. Let them have a vague chance of a gear drop, otherwise let them drop azerite or something. Gold. Anything but gear. I literally geared an alt to 340 plus just from the rares and the WBs, in a couple hours. Boom! Done. Grats Blizz! You just rendered ALL the other low level content pointless in one swell foop.

(4) Replace heroic dungeons with M-0, make them queue-able. M-0 is what heroics should be, so just call them "heroics". You'll get more people in them AND force them to play nice with others, communicate, and hey, maybe they'll have to do more than "gogogogogo". Give normals the heroic loot tables. Add more pets/mounts to M0, and maybe a chance at some better ilv gear as a rare drop...give people a reason to grind them. Also decent rep/exp gains.

(5) Stromgard warfront; every time is Groundhog Day. Boring. Create a couple alternate scenarios to make it more interesting. It can't be that hard. Don't make every run drop 340 gear. Vary it up some, anything but <insert a quarter> out pops an epic. Also, maybe a gold/azerite reward proportional to what you actually did in the match (besides AFK).

(6) Islands; Make them worthwhile to play and replay. Add a rare/mini boss to them with a chance to drop epic gear iLv appropriate to difficulty...biased towards weapons since they're hard to get otherwise. You have to find/kill the rare, without capping azerite, and before the other team. Rare hard enough to kill, it takes 3. Real gold awards. And hey, if you open a honking big chest, would it kill Blizz to have it give you something right on the spot, like a standard loot chest? Getting everything at the end, via pop up window, is lame.

(7) Tier gear or something similar. Taking out tier gear was huge mistake. Do you know why alot of people, to include raiders, ran and re-ran LFR? That's right, tier gear. Without it, and given the LFR equivalent epics raining from the sky...what reason is there to run LFR? Which the greater proportion of players have always ran. LFR is like getting a root canal, who's going to do it if there's no chance of a meaningful reward? It was repeatable, grindable content, why on earth render it pointless?

As a not-so-casual player, I approve.
Why not a scoreboard like running a BG? Give awards based on participation. Maybe award tokens (and a token vendor) you can save up/grind to buy gear with instead of random drops? Those that work the hardest, earn more...
How to make BFA fun? Unsub, Delete, Load up GW2 and play a real game that is fun.
He means FF14, GW2 is trash.
Maplestory 2 is another alternative