Yay leveling is getting Fixed!

General Discussion
... Now could you do something about dungeon experience gains? Ya know, so they're not irrelevant any more?
They're not irrelevant at low levels.

Can easily get 1 level per dungeon 15-40 at least.

And if the experience requirements are going down, that means you'll be getting 1 level per dungeon for even longer.
I think it will get better. They're now fixing something they should have never 'fixed' to begin with and that no one asked to be fixed.
11/08/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Yayayayayaya
I think it will get better. They're now fixing something they should have never 'fixed' to begin with and that no one asked to be fixed.

I asked for it. It was me, Dio.
I think with the reduction dungeons will just be more valuable by nature of needing less XP overall. You can get to level 60 by spamming dungeons without getting TOO bored with life, I say as a Prot Warrior who recently did exactly this.

(full disclosure I gave up somewhere around level 70 and just used an old boost to get to 100 please don't judge me too hard the boost was sitting unused since Legion)
It's less EXP. per level so yes, Dungeons will feel better too.
(full disclosure I gave up somewhere around level 70 and just used an old boost to get to 100 please don't judge me too hard the boost was sitting unused since Legion)

Stares at Bogo very Judgingly
I'm not sure why the experience needs to be altered, even in the manner that they're already planning. I understand it's time consuming, but there has to be time sinks in an MMO in order to make it feasible.

As a new player you have the option to buy a token and level a character to new content instantly or the option to experience an already vastly quickened leveling experience. As a player with max level characters you have the option to purchase gear that then quickens that pace exponentially. You already get a substantial bonus for completing dungeons and it's mentioned that you get a level per dungeon for a good portion of the game. I chose to level via questing on a level 70 character most recently and was barely doing one zone per expansion to push the 10 levels that the expansion would have required, any more boosting to dungeon exp would make all the world content even more irrelevant which might not seem like much but you certainly lose the experience of how vast the game is spam queing for dungeons, never mind the idea that i'd rather not spend the entirety of the game spamming dungeouns because that's all end game is anyhow. The last thing Blizzard needs to do is further pigeon hole you into one form of gameplay.

If anything they should look into ways to passively buff questing and leveling in that manner, transmogs, pets, heritage armor, zone completion exp bonuses etc. Create a more engaging world with stuff that just sits there, I'd go back and quest on my main for little gimmicky stuff just because it's accessible.

Going to buy the gear and probably level a monk soon just to see how it feels. However, I have read the numbers and if you strip players down to 0 knowledge and resources and put them at the start of vanilla and modern not only is the modern leveling experience going to be less time played but it's insanely streamlined in comparison.

I'm honestly pretty sure that it's not blizzard to blame for brutalizing the game at this point.
^ leveling became unjoyable because the world scales with you. You used to get stronger and do questing faster because you could equip that lv something gear that you got from a quest or a drop from somewhere.

I know there are some out there who enjoy being challenged and being on par with everything they fight the whole time. There are those like me who want to benefit from leveling by smashing through low level quests.
Fixed? No.

But it's a start.
11/08/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
Stares at Bogo very Judgingly

I deserve this.

In my defense I created this character in 2004 or something wild.
11/08/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Lightfaller
^ leveling became unjoyable because the world scales with you. You used to get stronger and do questing faster because you could equip that lv something gear that you got from a quest or a drop from somewhere.

I know there are some out there who enjoy being challenged and being on par with everything they fight the whole time. There are those like me who want to benefit from leveling by smashing through low level quests.

This

From level 1 to 110 its all the same thing

You never feel stronger, leveling feels pointless
Yay leveling is getting Fixed!

Keep telling yourself that.....
I was looking at the experience requirements per level and then I went back to take a look at what levelling was like when I started playing during Wrath of the Lich King.

Do you know how much experience was required to level from 79 to 80 during Wrath?

1,670,800 experience points.

To quote me old granny, these youngsters today have it so good....
Well this change will be good. I think the better change would have been to buff the exp bonus on our looms.

Would have better allowed for player choice.
11/08/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Averax
They're not irrelevant at low levels.

Can easily get 1 level per dungeon 15-40 at least.

And if the experience requirements are going down, that means you'll be getting 1 level per dungeon for even longer.

Obviously you are just repeating what other people say that is simply not true. You will NOT get 1 level per dungeon 15-40. There are to many repeated dungeons when quests are no longer available, after 20 it isn't common to get a level per dungeon, it's as bad as those who say "I got tired of 1 shotting mobs while levelling" when they mean level 1-5. No one was one shotting anything in the appropriate level range after level 5.
DEAR BLIZZARD. PLEASE BLUE POST ANSWER THIS ONE QUESTION.

Is there ANY discussion about increasing character limit per account?

I've been here pre-BC launch. I'm a long time alt-o-holic. I love my alts and I wanna have more. I enjoy leveling a lot. I love making a character from nothing and chasing the level cap. If you agree the limit should be raised then please add on to this post. Thank you for the leveling fixes. I'm really looking forward to next patch even more.
11/08/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Elean
I was looking at the experience requirements per level and then I went back to take a look at what levelling was like when I started playing during Wrath of the Lich King.

Do you know how much experience was required to level from 79 to 80 during Wrath?

1,670,800 experience points.

To quote me old granny, these youngsters today have it so good....

I gotta ask, how do you get to lvlt 21, on what I assume is an alt, and not have any achievement points? I didn't even think that was possible.

Edit: I don't mean to sound rude, I'm truly curious.
Hi I'm Burnt,

I'll be level 120 in a week.

P.S. Don't singe your head bald!