From love to hate. How did this happen?

General Discussion
Loved Blizzard and their games for over 13 years. From Diablo to WoW.

But now....now all I feel is hate for this company and their bad decitions.
Hate for destroying what I loved the most. Hate for not listening to us and our feedback. Hate for being so disconnected with their community. Hate for their hunger for money.

You ended your own kindom.
It was true, only WoW could kill WoW.

I hope this company goes bankrupt.
No king rules forever my son...

Let me count how many minutes this post last before it gets deleted.
Waiting for your white knight defences to counterattack this post.
What other video games have you played for 13 years and still love as much?

It's ok to grow out of things.

11/08/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Nîghtlord

"I'm done with it so now I want to take the ball home so NOBODY can play with it." (-:
I sometimes see longterm players suddenly turn on Blizzard. Maybe it's a breaking point, maybe they're really angry over something.. and when they do - they want everyone else to turn on Blizzard too. It can be very frustrating for them when everyone suddenly doesn't - when they remain like the fans that player was before they turned.
“I’ve played wow every day for 13 years straight and can’t figure out why I’m just not liking it anymore”
How did it happen? Well that's very simple my edgy human rogue #54309306 friend.

Blizzard got bought by a much bigger company. That always changes how things are run and done in a company. Always. Oh sure, they might say that it won't effect their decisions, but that's never true. I've never seen a single smaller company that didn't change after they sold out to a bigger monolith of a company. That's just the way of things.

Blizzard, my edgy human rogue #54309306 friend, is simply no longer Blizzard. They are Activision. End of Line
Legion was just too good.

too good.
Legion was great for content, but when you realize that the crap spec designs were served with a heavy dose of items made to mask their shortcomings,it doesn’t seem so great.

The minute my MM’s artifact weapon lost all its traits and abilities, I realized just how crippled the spec was without it.

MOP, OTOH...
11/08/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Snowfox
I sometimes see longterm players suddenly turn on Blizzard. Maybe it's a breaking point, maybe they're really angry over something.. and when they do - they want everyone else to turn on Blizzard too. It can be very frustrating for them when everyone suddenly doesn't - when they remain like the fans that player was before they turned.

I've been there. I'm still not happy with Blizzard and I think their direction with wow has mostly sucked since WoD but here I am. I'm here for my own reasons and if I get the chance I'll push my opinion as hard as I can.

I don't wish for their downfall but I would like to see some hard failures as wake up calls to change their direction. The current devs have sat in their ivory tower for years now and completely lost touch with a lot of the playerbase.
Strong emotion breeds strong emotion. You grow to love something and as that love fades you tend towards apathy. An apathetic person would not be here on the forums posting. They would go somewhere else.

But you aren't apathetic. You care. So when your love is betrayed, you feel anger. Which is why you are here.

As an above poster stated: its because Legion was so damned good.

If the downtrend of Cata-MOP-WOD had been continued with BfA then you would feel....nothing.

You wouldn't be here.

But now we know what modern Blizzard can do, and they can still kill it. Personally, I think Legion was totally over the top in your face fan service.

And I loved it to death.
11/08/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Palastorm

too good.

haha, it was not.
11/08/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Nîghtlord

I'm about as far from a "white knight" for Blizzard as one can be and the quoted part just makes you look like an entitled, whiny douchebag.

I get people being unhappy with it, especially the current developers, who are as you stated very out of touch with the player base, but to wish ill on the entire company and by default all the millions of people who enjoy their games is simply the height of a$$hattery.

All those people out of work (not everyone working for Blizzard is making millions) and all of those unhappy gamers who can't play anymore. You sir/ma'am are an a-hole.
"You will not be punished for your anger,
you will be punished by your anger."
- Buddha

Meditate on this.
Blizzard has been owned by other companies since 1994 ish, it's a complicated path to say the least. But they didn't actually get into trouble until after 2013ish when Blizz and Activision (then both owned by Vivendi) basically bought their own freedom.

Personally I would say the issues stem from being too ambitious, losing touch with the playerbase, and being unwilling to admit they are wrong.
11/08/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Palastorm

too good.

Legion was trash too. It was just better than WoD so you thought it was great.
11/08/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Jessail
Blizzard has been owned by other companies since 1994 ish, it's a complicated path to say the lease. But they didn't actually get into trouble until after 2013ish when Blizz and Activision (then both owned by Vivendi) basically bought their own freedom.

Personally I would say the issues stem from being too ambitious, losing touch with the playerbase, and being unwilling to admit they are wrong.

To say the LEAST.

Much like "Could've", which is a contraction of "could have" ...people use "Could of" ..which is WRONG.
I remember people saying this all the way back in Vanilla, why so late to the party OP?
Wishing for any company to go bankrupt shows what an entitled person you are. I have my gripes with Blizzard, but the fault lies with a few people. Most of those who work at the company are drones who do as they’re told. Not to mention the art and music teams both deserve to have a job and to not be fired because someone on the forums had their feelings hurt.

Be angry at the company. Be hurt by their decisions. Feel betrayed by their disconnection from the community. But don’t wish such a fate on anyone. My dad’s old company suffered bankruptcy and after 5 years he’s still trying to pick up the pieces of his life.
11/08/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Archona
To say the LEAST.

Much like "Could've", which is a contraction of "could have" ...people use "Could of" ..which is WRONG.

You know... people type things fast and I've fixed it. Have your panties untwisted?
11/08/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Ryuk
11/08/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Snowfox

I've been there. I'm still not happy with Blizzard and I think their direction with wow has mostly sucked since WoD but here I am. I'm here for my own reasons and if I get the chance I'll push my opinion as hard as I can.

I don't wish for their downfall but I would like to see some hard failures as wake up calls to change their direction. The current devs have sat in their ivory tower for years now and completely lost touch with a lot of the playerbase.

I agree with what you stated here. I don't feel they need to fail completely, but they most definitely need a straight up !@# whooping to realize even the big boys get knocked out from time to time.
Your hatred is your fault and yours alone. You cannot control what others do or say but you chooses to let angry consume you to the point of hatred.