Epic Purple Shirt

General Discussion
Hello there,

I recently came into possession of a Center of Attention TCG loot card, and I'm torn between whether or not to use it. I love the concept of the Epic Purple Shirt, because it finally gets rid of the last non-purple item in my armor set. The point, however, is to get people to notice. In the item's current state, it's difficult to do this beyond straight up telling someone to inspect you and check it out. You often have to forcibly make yourself the center of attention.

The animation that comes when using the shirt could correct this, but everyone has seen a flex animation before. There is also a small glow to the smile, but some flex animations move the character model too quickly to really notice. Not to mention there are other epic shirts in the game now available through the Guild vendor, making this item stand-out less when inspecting someone naturally.

My suggestion to fix this is subtle - add unique emote text to the chat log. When using the shirt, a message along the lines of "<Player> is the center of attention." could appear in the chat log. Other people may ask how they achieved this without using /e, and it gives the player the ability to show ofg this rare and unique item without just saying "hey, look at me."

Adding something this simple would definitely make me want to claim the item. Otherwise, I'm tempted to hold onto it, retaining the value and memorabilia of the undamaged card.

I'm interested to know what other people think of this.

Thanks for reading. Take care.
yeah that could be good, the prismatic bauble toy made me realize how much of a market there is for character effects

i camped for a week and spent 250k for the bauble and it was actually one of my favorite purchases in game
they should really add effects to certain extremely rare 'shirt' item slots

'epic purple shirt - adds a faint purple glow to your character'
almost like the cloud aura when you're dk b ressed

nothing too out of this world glowly but i genuinely think people would lose their minds over a slight glow around your character that's color/texture altered by your shirt item
could even be expanded to be 'challenge mode' type rewarded or rewarded for things like pvp rating / new 'keystone master' or ect ect
the game is practically all about flashy 'look at me' feelsgood at this point since the actual gameplay has been awful lately
11/08/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Thrash
yeah that could be good, the prismatic bauble toy made me realize how much of a market there is for character effects

i camped for a week and spent 250k for the bauble and it was actually one of my favorite purchases in game
they should really add effects to certain extremely rare 'shirt' item slots

'epic purple shirt - adds a faint purple glow to your character'
almost like the cloud aura when you're dk b ressed

nothing too out of this world glowly but i genuinely think people would lose their minds over a slight glow around your character that's color/texture altered by your shirt item
could even be expanded to be 'challenge mode' type rewarded or rewarded for things like pvp rating / new 'keystone master' or ect ect
the game is practically all about flashy 'look at me' feelsgood at this point since the actual gameplay has been awful lately

My only concern with adding a glow is that it could throw off some transmog. Plus I wouldn't want to modify the visuals/effects of the item 'too' much to avoid upsetting players who purchased the item before and enjoy it as is.

I also considered whether adding a 5-min buff would be a good idea. I was thinking it would just be for RP purposes, but maybe using the item could make you glow/sparkle for a short time.
Would be neat if it did more, but I don't see them touching old TCG stuff.
EPS is pretty fun and goes with a lot of mogs.
I only wish it made you do a unique pose instead of your usual /flex.
Perma tcg items do still tend to sell for a decent bit, if you needed some gold, though.
Find that Spectral Tiger, though, and you can put a down payment on a house.
11/08/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Firekatkid
Perma tcg items do still tend to sell for a decent bit, if you needed some gold, though.

Pretty sure the EPS is bound on pickup - i don't think you can sell it on the AH

Dx
11/08/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Kuza
11/08/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Firekatkid

Pretty sure the EPS is bound on pickup - i don't think you can sell it on the AH

Dx

I mean the card itself. M'bad.