Activision Blizzard Stock

General Discussion
Is falling faster than the fall of the Lich King. Hope you learned your lesson.
Yet, the lich king still lives...
Don't ever invest unless you want to be homeless. You don't have the intellect for it.
Yea it is tanking pretty hard but it will bounce back. Their 5 year high was around $84. With release of new IP, they are targeting the Chinese market more and will see an increase in revenue. Overall, the stocks will bounce back. Overall market is taking a hit right now.
Did EA learn their lesson?
All these armchair economists predicting doom are straight up hilarious.
We aren't their target market anymore really, its china and if they get into the mobile market there it will rise.
It's just a "vocal minority"...
There should be more outrage. They have already said "We moved all our best dev's to mobile". They have already came out with a Diablo mobile game nobody wants. Just wait until they destroy WoW, overwatch, etc with mobile replacements. If Diablo immortal shows any sign of success they will destroy every franchise by watering them all down and filling them with mtx.

Their target audience has become kids with their parents credit card and china. They no longer care about the audience that helped build them up to begin with.
11/09/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Malyx
We aren't their target market anymore really, its china and if they get into the mobile market there it will rise.

This.

They haven't been catering to the american market for quite some time now. Diablo for mobile should make it obvious though.
11/09/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Silentkatana
Hope you learned your lesson.

And what is that lesson?
11/09/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Hamstar
And what is that lesson?

I thought it was always buy low and sell high, but apparently it's something about gloating on the Interwebs.
I'm pretty excited about this dip, actually.
11/09/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Bipzi
All these armchair economists predicting doom are straight up hilarious.

They are down 25% in the last 5 weeks to 56 right now. That is the lowest it has been in over a year. That is pretty bad. I am not going to attribute it to their mobile push though because that is just stupid.

Of course the stock will crash when subs are under 1.7 million.

Bring back flight immediately and the stock will turn around!
11/09/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Crepe
And what is that lesson?

I thought it was always buy low and sell high, but apparently it's something about gloating on the Interwebs.

If they do not bring back flight it will hit $5.

Mark my words!

Maybe buy then. Maybe.

And its because of what game...exactly?
Didnt see any evidence whatsoever that WoW was the reason.
11/09/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Crepe
And what is that lesson?

No actually, it depends on the market. But way to fail on trying to implement a snarky reply...two thumbs up :)
11/09/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Entitled
I am not going to attribute it to their mobile push though because that is just stupid.
That would be because their "push" into mobile happened in 2015.

People fail to realize that Activision Blizzard has the #3 grossing game on iOS right now (only behind Fortnite and Pokémon Go) as well as the #7 top grossing game on iOS. You could say they're Candy Crushing it...

And, as others have pointed out, they are targeting the Chinese Market. That's why they "partnered" with NetEase, a Chinese firm, rather than use their own in-house mobile game developer staff or one in the US. Chinese law requires a Chinese company release it in that market.