DHKs suck

Classic Discussion
wtf.. if i want to pillage a town in the name of blood and agony Why cant i Do That? i gotta kill everyone except this lvl 12 bread vendor because Blizzard decided hes unkillable or i lose all my progress to my pvp trinket? wtf man.. wtf.
That’s Vanilla for you. Some things you will like. Somethings you won’t. You’ll simply have to adapt to the game rather than hope it adapts to you.
I've already said my idea, but I'll let others know about it.

If they add in Dishonorable Kills, I will make a guild named <The Dishonorables> and we will gear up through MC/BWL and not care about our PvP rank.

We will go through the world collecting tons of DHKs and slaying towns!

We don't care about our honor rank because we will have fantastic gear from raids.

If Blizzard thinks DHKs will stop me from having fun with WPvP - they are sadly mistaken.
DHK’s did an effective job at making lowbie questing an option again. I remember a time when every quest giver in the crossroads was replaced by an alliance griefer. Then DHK’s were implemented and barrens questing became an option again

That said I’d be willing to give up DHK’s if they made every quest giver a level 63 elite that dropped zero loot.
11/09/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Dracarian
DHK’s did an effective job at making lowbie questing an option again. I remember a time when every quest giver in the crossroads was replaced by an alliance griefer. Then DHK’s were implemented and barrens questing became an option again

That said I’d be willing to give up DHK’s if they made every quest giver a level 63 elite that dropped zero loot.

I need to make an alliance rogue to camp Barrens quest givers :)

DHKs wont stop anyone from enjoying WPvP in 2019.

We are smarter and know that the system can't hurt us.

I'll have plenty of epics from raids :)
I doubt they'll keep DHKs, they were added near the end of Vanilla and removed in BC. They aren't part of the vanilla experience.
11/09/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Swiftypvpfan
i lose all my progress to my pvp trinket

Rofl, to your rank 2? I'm against DHKs myself, but jeez, are you being ignorant or trolling?
11/09/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Sniperace

You talk about world PVP but all you seem to want to do is kill NPCs and hope someone comes to fight you, instead of actually hunting down players and killing them.

I guess my definition of world PVP involves engaging players and not NPCs.
11/09/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Kiereco
You talk about world PVP but all you seem to want to do is kill NPCs and hope someone comes to fight you, instead of actually hunting down players and killing them.

I am engaging other players. By preventing the other faction from questing, I am making their journey to 60 slower... Which in turn, makes my faction even stronger!!!!
11/09/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Sniperace
I am engaging other players. By preventing the other faction from questing, I am making their journey to 60 slower... Which in turn, makes my faction even stronger!!!!

So you're PVEing. Gotcha.
11/09/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Jonular
I doubt they'll keep DHKs, they were added near the end of Vanilla and removed in BC. They aren't part of the vanilla experience.
They were added early on in Vanilla’s life cycle. Just a month after the Honor system was introduced. So therefore an integral part of the Vanilla PvP experience, according to your logic.
11/09/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Kiereco
11/09/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Sniperace

You roll into south shore or storm wind and start smacking around npc's the wpvp will come to you
Hahaha, I love hearing about these sort of things. Welcome to Classic ladies and gentleman. DHK's are a thing, and they are marvelous! Learning how to play around them is actually a lot of fun. I think you guys will come to enjoy it. :)
This is the kind of stuff Id like to hear how it will be handled in classic.
How about making civilians unkillable instead...? !@#$ing wild idea
I think killing someone that has literally 0 chance of fighting you back, it indeed is a Dishonorable Kill
11/09/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Alfredd
I think killing someone that has literally 0 chance of fighting you back, it indeed is a Dishonorable Kill

Are you talking about NPCs or lowbies? The latter were completely unprotected by DHKs.
11/09/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Ironsides
How about making civilians unkillable instead...? !@#$ing wild idea
That would be more effective, but there are downsides.

For one, it would be a change from Vanilla.

Secondly, it removes choice from the player. With DHKs there is a penalty associated if you choose to kill certain NPCs. So you either have to avoid it, or try to work around that penalty. Are you an honorable player beloved by your faction or dishonorable scum your military refuses to supply with weapons?

Thirdly, it takes away from immersion. Why is this NPC unkillable? If the Loch Modan Gryphon Master is so powerful, why doesn’t he go to Orgrimmar and slay Thrall? Why are we gathering 40 players to kill Kel’Thuzad when he can solo him?

I think there are reasonable arguments for not having DHKs that may be worth those costs, but at the end of the day, Blizzard will want something to reduce killing of these NPCs. So invulnerable NPCs would be a likely outcome of DHK removal. This would also have upsides, such as city raids being more frequent. If you are cynically minded, this could also lead to more frequent sharding, however.
11/09/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Faceroll
That would be more effective, but there are downsides.

For one, it would be a change from Vanilla.

Do you know how different the game they're putting forth is from vanilla? This already isn't "vanilla" as players from 2004 knew it. Don't be stupid now.

Secondly, it removes choice from the player. With DHKs there is a penalty associated if you choose to kill certain NPCs. So you either have to avoid it, or try to work around that penalty. Are you an honorable player beloved by your faction or dishonorable scum your military refuses to supply with weapons?

Most people don't choose to aggro the random bread salesman, he comes with the warriors demo shout, mages blizzard, or arcane explosion while raiding cities.

Thirdly, it takes away from immersion. Why is this NPC unkillable? If the Loch Modan Gryphon Master is so powerful, why doesn’t he go to Orgrimmar and slay Thrall? Why are we gathering 40 players to kill Kel’Thuzad when he can solo him?

Oh, you mean the immersion where we see Lady Prestor respawn 5 minutes after she reveals herself to be Onyxia? Or the one where we Rend Blackhand has 10 heads?

I think there are reasonable arguments for not having DHKs that may be worth those costs, but at the end of the day, Blizzard will want something to reduce killing of these NPCs. So invulnerable NPCs would be a likely outcome of DHK removal. This would also have upsides, such as city raids being more frequent. If you are cynically minded, this could also lead to more frequent sharding, however.

There's no reason to have DHKs. Keep them on PvE servers, and let PvP players raid cities in peace.
I disagree. If you wanted to kill NPCs, go kill the ones that serve level 60's purpose. Killing lowbie's npcs is lame because you don't let them quest and they can't fight you back, other than call for help.

I agree with DHK. It was implemented for a reason.

Go fight someone of your size babe... or go make a twink if 1shot is what you are after.