DHKs suck

Classic Discussion
11/09/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Ironsides
11/09/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Faceroll
That would be more effective, but there are downsides.

For one, it would be a change from Vanilla.

Do you know how different the game they're putting forth is from vanilla? This already isn't "vanilla" as players from 2004 knew it. Don't be stupid now.

Secondly, it removes choice from the player. With DHKs there is a penalty associated if you choose to kill certain NPCs. So you either have to avoid it, or try to work around that penalty. Are you an honorable player beloved by your faction or dishonorable scum your military refuses to supply with weapons?

Most people don't choose to aggro the random bread salesman, he comes with the warriors demo shout, mages blizzard, or arcane explosion while raiding cities.

Thirdly, it takes away from immersion. Why is this NPC unkillable? If the Loch Modan Gryphon Master is so powerful, why doesn’t he go to Orgrimmar and slay Thrall? Why are we gathering 40 players to kill Kel’Thuzad when he can solo him?

Oh, you mean the immersion where we see Lady Prestor respawn 5 minutes after she reveals herself to be Onyxia? Or the one where we Rend Blackhand has 10 heads?

I think there are reasonable arguments for not having DHKs that may be worth those costs, but at the end of the day, Blizzard will want something to reduce killing of these NPCs. So invulnerable NPCs would be a likely outcome of DHK removal. This would also have upsides, such as city raids being more frequent. If you are cynically minded, this could also lead to more frequent sharding, however.

There's no reason to have DHKs. Keep them on PvE servers, and let PvP players raid cities in peace.
I hear there’s another version of the game where you don’t have to make choices and can get all the immersion-breaking conveniences you want. ;)
11/09/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Faceroll
I hear there’s another version of the game where you don’t have to make choices and can get all the immersion-breaking conveniences you want. ;)

Way to prove my point that your argument is garbage by falling on that "lol go back to retail" crutch, buddy.
11/09/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Ironsides
Way to prove my point that your argument is garbage by falling on that "lol go back to retail" crutch, buddy.

This is a good argument..

This the announcement of Classic, Blizzard has gone all in on phasing out the old stuff they don't like about the current game anymore. It has given the retail devs way more room to change whatever they want since the old fanboys can just go play classic.

This is why they got rid of all non-consensual pvp ON PVP Realms!!!

Who would have ever thought that PvP realms would be a remnant of the past?
11/09/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Sniperace

This is why they got rid of all non-consensual pvp ON PVP Realms!!!

Who would have ever thought that PvP realms would be a remnant of the past?

Old school Blizzard used to tell people that PvP problems demand PvP solutions.
The good news is, there may not be an honor system at launch, so I'd expect to see a lot of city raids just put together for fun/nostalgia. Maybe once they see that, they'll consider making some tweaks to DHK's, like having to actually damage the civilian when in a raid group to get dishonor.
You can totally pillage the other faction. Go nuts. Just know that there are consequences. Personally, I think it's a cool idea. And yeah, I did accidentally get some DHKs back in the day, and it made me scream a little, but them's the breaks! :D
11/09/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Sidearm
Old school Blizzard used to tell people that PvP problems demand PvP solutions.

Talk dirty to me.
11/09/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Ironsides
And what about the random patrolling bread vendors that aggro with the swarm of level 60 guards in Stormwind/Ironforge/every capital city?

Well, leave my buns alone bub.
11/09/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Jonular
I doubt they'll keep DHKs, they were added near the end of Vanilla and removed in BC. They aren't part of the vanilla experience.

They were added on patch 1.5... I'm not sure what's your concept of near the end
Source: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Civilian
11/09/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Kiereco
11/09/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Sniperace
I need to make an alliance rogue to camp Barrens quest givers :)

DHKs wont stop anyone from enjoying WPvP in 2019.

We are smarter and know that the system can't hurt us.

I'll have plenty of epics from raids :)

You talk about world PVP but all you seem to want to do is kill NPCs and hope someone comes to fight you, instead of actually hunting down players and killing them.

I guess my definition of world PVP involves engaging players and not NPCs.

To be fair, epic crossroads battles always ensued when someone camped the NPCs and became a huge faction war more often than not. Though I agree with your assessment that this dude just needs to go out and murder some opposing faction instead of camping NPCs.
11/09/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Nathanael

Well, leave my buns alone bub.

When you can get all 40 players in a pvp raid on the same page to avoid the vendors who are in every nook and cranny of capital cities, then you can say DHKs are valuable to the game.

Make them untargetable by AoE, run away from groups of horde larger than 2 or 3, or flat out invulnerable like the children on each faction. Doesn't make a difference to me, but they dissuade people from grouping up and attacking towns and cities because of the substantial impact they have on your rank
In Germany in Baldur's Gate you can not town kill because the kids were made invulnerable.

I actually forgot if you can town kill in Goldshire or not. I remember guards chasing me all the way down to the basement in the Lionshead Inn and killing the npc guards only to have more respawns and kill me when I snuck out of the basement.

I also recall that it was soooooooo fun to destroy cloth dressed fancy jacket and dress pants rpers who had their weapons stored in their bags. They were in the upper bed rooms undressing, dancing, and saying dirty things to each other.

I hope they RP like that again so I can go Baldur's Gate Flaming Fist Enforcer police on the pixel poopers. It should be against the rules for Night Elf women to dance naked in those bedrooms saying yucky rp things to each other and making /pooping noises. I shudder to picture the big fatty men in their underware sitting in their beanbag chairs in their mom's basements with glassy eyes and lusty grins typing,

"/Arwin sighs bends over and let's out a huge pop from her elven backside. The Inn's bedroom air grows sweetly pungent."
There's nothing stopping you from doing it. But if you can't accept consequences for your actions, you're really just a big baby.
11/09/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Sniperace
11/09/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Kiereco
You talk about world PVP but all you seem to want to do is kill NPCs and hope someone comes to fight you, instead of actually hunting down players and killing them.

I guess my definition of world PVP involves engaging players and not NPCs.

I am engaging other players. By preventing the other faction from questing, I am making their journey to 60 slower... Which in turn, makes my faction even stronger!!!!

That's a pretty poor cover up to describe "player griefing".
Just remember that you won't be playing on a pserver and you will get reported.
11/09/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Alfredd
I disagree. If you wanted to kill NPCs, go kill the ones that serve level 60's purpose. Killing lowbie's npcs is lame because you don't let them quest and they can't fight you back, other than call for help.

I agree with DHK. It was implemented for a reason.

Go fight someone of your size babe... or go make a twink if 1shot is what you are after.

No lol all I want to do in Classic is level my guy to like lvl 30 then deck him out in enchants as I pillage Lakeshire and have hot non consensual activities with the female humans and night elves I overpower with my barbarism manliness

Lvl 60 is dumb u just afk in Orgrimmar after farming consumables so u can do the incredibly easy Molten Core place to have "optimal gear" I really just want to destroy people in Warcraft
11/09/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Brockthorn
11/09/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Sniperace

I am engaging other players. By preventing the other faction from questing, I am making their journey to 60 slower... Which in turn, makes my faction even stronger!!!!

That's a pretty poor cover up to describe "player griefing".
Just remember that you won't be playing on a pserver and you will get reported.

Reported for pvp'ing, lol.
If someone cares about rank, they can tag along to big WPVP events, and just not join the raid. If they are outside of raid, and do not tag any Civilians they will not receive any DK's. Have used this work around lots of times. (I've killed all faction bosses previously)
you can pillage a town dishonorably if you want. DHKs prevent the endless camping of quest NPCs.
Actually DHKs were fun times, but then I never cared about my rank.
Would be fun if they made them as intended to become this renegade to your own faction.