Petition: Remove the childish undead.

Death Knight
I really think Death Knights need the skeleton models from BFA and a more non-goofy looking ghoul pet. Something menacing and evil. I understand that WoW is supposed to be kid-friendly, however, I truly feel Death Knights need to feel as fierce as the Wrath of the Lich King Cinematic. Nothing in that Cinematic looked goofy. Everything was dark and made you feel like there was no hope. Necromacers in Everquest got their awesome looking specter pets and their great looking skeletons. Nothing felt childish with those pets. I felt like I was a proper anti-hero/villain.

Please make all the pets for Death Knights more serious looking.

Examples:

Goofy Skeleton with boots on like he's from dragon warrior. (Our current pet choice)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-D5tgy8Ab3n0/ThmRZGTJH1I/AAAAAAAAACY/zf-WhwYnOPE/s1600/DK_anim04_2.jpg

BFA skeleton - Far more serious and virulent. (BFA skeleton model)
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/small/795164.jpg

BFA skeleton (troll) - wow is all I can say. He looks badass.
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/697229.jpg

Ghoul I found online that would be amazing.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-v903ZcBnsz4/UIHXbarmIkI/AAAAAAAABqk/7NMJaHxD2UI/s1600/WilhelmArt.png

Another thing I noticed is that if you get rid of the hair on the current ghoul with the stupid pony tail and maybe tossed in some more serious looks to his face.. he would be decent.
ur dum
11/09/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Bunbunn
ur dum

I am trying to get Blizzard to make the Death Knights more menacing and that's all you add? Grow up kid.
I don't think they need to remove the ghoul because a lot of people like it.

I do think it would be pretty awesome to have our summon minion summon undead that would fit the environment, example would be if we were in zuldazar, we would have more undead versions of zandalari/vulpera/raptor etc and in kul tiras we would see the undead versions of kul tirans.

As an undead summoner, thematically it would look much more fitting to have our minions be varied, not all look the same.
there are a couple glyphs im pretty sure that change your ghoul. I think the geist is pretty scary and when you see someone with it you know theyre unique because you really don't see it often. You don't like the geist? I do think they should put another glyph in to give the abomination back though. I think they will hold off on the plain jane skeletons and trolls skeletons in case they ever want to release necromancers in the future. That will likely be THEIR pet. Personally I like the ghoul, geist, and abom. They're all cool and should be changed depending on what matches your transmog better.
I like the ghoul. Well, I used to. The old model was better, imo. Had more charm to it.

The Skeleton could use some work. I was hoping that when they added the skeleton glyph back in MoP, it would've been something like Thassarian's minion; an armored skeletal warrior with an axe or something, rather than some bonehead punching and kicking things. Bones are pretty lightweight, so it's not like there's much force behind those hits.

11/10/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Alekzandur
I do think it would be pretty awesome to have our summon minion summon undead that would fit the environment, example would be if we were in zuldazar, we would have more undead versions of zandalari/vulpera/raptor etc and in kul tiras we would see the undead versions of kul tirans.

I like this idea, especially with raids in mind. Imagine every raid and new zone having a new undead model to raise, even if it's just a pale skinned/glowy-eyed version of something already existing, it'd still be awesome.

What would also be cool is a kind of ghost undead that would take on a ghostly appearance of the last person you used Raise Ally on, giving the appearance that you raised them at the cost of their soul; it is yours now! If there aren't anyone recently Brez'd, it could just be the new ghost model coming in 8.1.
Goofy and childish is the art style of WoW. Always has been that way. If you want something more evil and/or menacing WoW will need a more Diablo style of artwork.
Childish seems like such an odd choice of word, to me. Yes, it has a slightly cartoon-ish style to it, but so does the whole game, so I have a hard time holding that as a grudge against just this one thing for being consistent. And a stylized or exaggerated aesthetic isn't inherently childish, especially when we're talking about a walking corpse.

I can also see a number of logistical reasons that it looks this way. It is a rotting/plagued corpse, after all, it's going to have some deformities, even if they're exaggerated for effect. The fact that it doesn't stand out as one particular race also gives it its own unique silhouette, which is important for many aspects of game design and animation. This also makes it less awkward to see a Tauren or Gnome running around with a human looking pet, etc.
I don't totally disagree with you. Some more cool looking stuff would be cool. That being said, I like the ghoul and the whole cartoony undead art design. I would love to replace my ghoul with a Boneguard Footman, though.
i would love to have upgraded undeads, they look so pathethic, even more when i'm playing whit this tauren dk, i feel like Guts from berserk series, being followed by 2 dead kids.
Just let us summon the undead race from the horde. At the ver last, they are all the same.
I like my fuzzy looking lil’ buddy. *vleahhhh!!*
11/10/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Curzè
Goofy and childish is the art style of WoW. Always has been that way. If you want something more evil and/or menacing WoW will need a more Diablo style of artwork.

They went goofy and childish with both games to get past China's cultural norms and Legislature regarding the undead and how they are represented.

That isn't a troll, I've been on D3 far more than WoW over the last 4-5 years. I was shocked when I found out that they don't design the game graphics differently for the Chinese market when they did design a totally different game shop where you can buy Paragon etc. NA/EU shops are total trash next to China's because of that countries laws. If the Chinese market is big enough to support a different game shop and influence the game's design it should warrant it's own version of the game as far as graphics go.

WoW/Diablo used to be 18+, they were soooooooooo much better with the mature label.
I think they should just add glyphs for the new skeleton and new ghost that are coming out next patch (or in 8.1.2, i don't know which) They look really cool, and they let people who like the current ghoul keep it.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2018/november/ghost2.jpg
Can't find the skeleton remake they did.
i would agree that the skeleton models we get are a bit underwhelming. arent they supposed to be? we are just players. if we had all the cool !@#$ that bosses, npc, etc had, then they wouldnt feel as powerful compared to us.

like yeah, i would love to have marrowgar follow me around as a pet, he is undead after all. clearly that is never going to happen.

its somewhat of a supression but it helps the flow of the game. we arent allowed to have anything that is too cool - seriously. youll understand in the future ;)
i think he looks cool enough. i liked the abomb too when we had that.

the one thing that really grinds my gears though is not seeing the pet on the log in screen like i do with my hunter and warlock. i'm pretty sure frost mage has the same problem though. as if these specs are less "pet class" than warlock and hunter.
I don't think they should replace our current ghoul, since it look like a joke, like our dps.
Considering the little bastard is in my top 3 damage abilities I would think he would look a little more intimidating.
Death Knight? Oh right! I forgot about that class. I was wondering when Blizz was going to introduce Necromancers. Totally forgot about DK's!

You see with no Class specific tier gear in BfA I'm totally forgetting about all the other classes.
11/11/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Raziael
11/10/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Curzè

They went goofy and childish with both games to get past China's cultural norms and Legislature regarding the undead and how they are represented.

That isn't a troll, I've been on D3 far more than WoW over the last 4-5 years. I was shocked when I found out that they don't design the game graphics differently for the Chinese market when they did design a totally different game shop where you can buy Paragon etc. NA/EU shops are total trash next to China's because of that countries laws. If the Chinese market is big enough to support a different game shop and influence the game's design it should warrant it's own version of the game as far as graphics go.

WoW/Diablo used to be 18+, they were soooooooooo much better with the mature label.

What are you talking about? WoW has always been T for teen and Diablo 3 is still M for mature.... The ratings hvnt changed the artsyle has. For diablo anyway from pure gothic to stylised gothic. WoW is the same.