Why is Blizzard trying to phase out PvP players?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
With the overhaul and eventual removal of Arena teams, removal of any useful PvP gear, PvP stats, PvP vendors, PvP currency's, no real innovative ideas to new battlegrounds, no PvP options with warfront's, unbalanced Arena maps, the continuation of allowing FOTM classes to run rampant for too long, the cancer that is known as combat stat scaling, little to no effort required to obtain elite PvP aesthetics (I got 1800 in 2 days with an off meta comp), WPvP is still an unbalanced mess on many servers, nothing to compare to faction warfare for control to benefit in both PvP and PvE such as Tol Barad and Wintergrasp in years (EVEN IN A FACTION VS FACTION EXPANSION), and after Blizzcon recently announcing that players will have an option to battle AI's in battlegrounds instead of players to assure an easy win for PvP rewards.

AI's being introduced to BG's here:
https://youtu.be/_4PXd042fkk?t=1478

Yes, now Blizzard in inventing an LFR equivalent for PvP to create even more bads. What is the purpose of this? Nobody asked for it. You know who does want it that never asked for it? Terrible players who want and expect instant gratification.

Why are PvP players being punished over the years slowly until we're just fighting for arena rating and titles against AI's?

But, but, AB and WSG are getting a new look!
I didn't realize those BG's were in detrimental need of a rework? Why not use the time and resources to rework the broken system that is current Arena and PvP gear progression and fixing our stats to separate us from the PvE crowed when WPvPing? A full time PvP player should have considerable advantage in 1v1 WPvP over a full time only PvE player.

The state of PvP is already a massive joke, now there's going to be a Players vs. AI option?

Please go ahead and make this an offline Facebook mini-game for grade-schoolers like you guys are doing with Diablo while you're at it.

I enjoy both PvE and PvP, but I'm only doing one part of the game because the other part has become unrewarding and bland.

Just another reason why I'm looking forward to classic.

Sorry for the block of text, but I couldn't stop listing. I'm sure there's more I'm missing.
Ion pretty much hates pvp. All the changes in the most recent expansion are a reflection of that.
When is 8.2 coming out by the way?
As long as I can I can get marks of honor still for xmog, I'll be good.
11/10/2018 02:59 AMPosted by Gnomest
Ion pretty much hates pvp. All the changes in the most recent expansion are a reflection of that.

This.

He's been on a major Horde PvP server since vanilla, and right now he has not even reached honor level 5.
PvP is a silly thing.
Drama queen. You didn't see the stuff coming in 8.2... instanced pvp is meh. War mode is the future.
I thought pvp meant player vs player. Making bgs pvai is just pve...
11/10/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Emmurê

But these mobs jump.
11/10/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Bodywrecker
Blizzcon recently announcing that players will have an option to battle AI's in battlegrounds instead of players to assure an easy win for PvP rewards.

Are... are you serious?...

LMFAO.

Sad.
Yes, now Blizzard in inventing an LFR equivalent for PvP to create even more bads.

Whelp, glad I'm going classic.
11/10/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Spellchaser
11/10/2018 02:59 AMPosted by Gnomest

This.

He's been on a major Horde PvP server since vanilla, and right now he has not even reached honor level 5.

Now I will say this. One huge advantage of warmode over the original is that people from PvE and RP servers can now partake in it. However it was especially destructive for an RP-PvP realm like ED that relied on rivalries and other people who have interest in RP-PvP to keep things going.
Blizzcon recently announcing that players will have an option to battle AI's in battlegrounds instead of players to assure an easy win for PvP rewards.

LMFAO.

Sad.

It's an option in basically all games, it's a practice setting to become better at PvP.

Maybe you should try it.

LMFAO.

Sad.

It's an option in basically all games, it's a practice setting to become better at PvP.

Maybe you should try it.

Sorry, I don't need hand holding.

LMFAO.

Sad.

Maybe you should try it.

This is true though. And after seeing how much fun and cool Ais can be in island expeditions I wouldn't oppose it.
I'm personally tired of Blizzard providing bubble-wrapped content that nobody asked for and only worsens the game further over time instead of addressing current issues that can be fixed, not only making current players that are being effected happy, but making the game generally better.

Making more hand-holding, kindergarten content does not improve the quality of a game.
11/10/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Nixis
As long as I can I can get marks of honor still for xmog, I'll be good.
11/10/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Emmurê

I don't pvp but you are certainly right.

Against ai is PvR. Player vs. Robot.
because its a pve game, pvp is a mini game... just like pet battles and island and warfronts...
PvE indeed...
Meh most of the "pvpers" in WoW only want it in a daddy hold my hand controlled environment like arena anyway. Look at all the calls to "balance" wpvp.