Why is Blizzard trying to phase out PvP players?

General Discussion
11/10/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/10/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Pyromor
I don't get this it's still pvp even if it a AI but still you can go warmode anyway .

I don't get this it's still pvp even if it a AI

it's still pvp

pvp

My entire being hurts reading this. I'm in actual physical pain.

Good
The only people who seem to really hate PvP are the under achievers.
Confirmation bias.

You are only noticing because PvP is your interest. Actually they are trying to phase out all players, as players are an inconvenience to the devs that interferes with the integrity of the design process.
11/10/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Wariya
Well horde were complaining of queue times a lot.

Now with AI its instant queue.......you all started this with your whine :)

There were dozens of ways to solve this without literally replacing PVP opponents in full with AI. At the very least you could have implemented inflated rewards based on the current skew like LFG does for understaffed class roles.

If you want healthy PVP, incentivize it, don't just steamroll it over with bots.
11/10/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Moiralis
Confirmation bias.

You are only noticing because PvP is your interest. Actually they are trying to phase out all players, as players are an inconvenience to the devs that interferes with the integrity of the design process.

So they are phasing out pvp because there's a lack of pvpers in game? or is it all the screaming about imbalance in pvp?
11/10/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Pyromor
Good

The fact that you don't know that PvP means Player versus Player and not Player versus AI hurts my brain. Remove yourself from this thread and return to your pet battles.
You are only noticing because PvP is your interest.

I said in the OP that I PvE and PvP. I've done both since 2006. Casually over the year with 2k in 2s and 3s, 1990 in RBGs and about 190k HKs across my account.

Along with consistent raid progression since BC (except Legion).

I can name hundreds more things PvE players and casual players have been given than PvPers.

let's see... PvP talents are okay at best. The new honor level system is decent. 1-2 new BGs every 2 years is nothing to write home about.

That's all I got. Everything else has been stripped from PvP that I listed in the OP. idk how much of it is bias when it's factual that those things were removed and very little has been added.
11/10/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
11/10/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Pyromor
Good

The fact that you don't know that PvP means Player versus Player and not Player versus AI hurts my brain. Remove yourself from this thread and return to your pet battles.

Of course ,i know what pvp is but it doesn't mean a robot can't fight you and beat you.
Actually Blizz is phasing PVP out along with the rest of the hard content. My raiders friends tell me that raiding is a cake walk this xpac. Gear drops from the sky with WQs and that welfare warfront thing (they named it warfronts so the carebears can feel tough about the content they do) LOLZ...I heard they are even giving the PVE'ers a vendor just to make things even easier for them. That is OK though Ashes of Creation is coming out in the next couple of years and it's focus will be a happy mix between professions, farming and large scale PVP battles. Players who like a mix of MMORPG and the dynamics of PVP might just find a home there and the gentle soft bellied can have their World of Queuecraft.
<sarcasm>
AI bots, huh? Whelp! Guess Horde get the best of both worlds in PvP; a vibrant, skilled PvP community AND welfare Honor from fast BG's.
</sarcasm>
11/10/2018 05:26 AMPosted by Grellos
This game is not built for PvP

The entire concept for this game is that you're in control of an individual unit from the parent game, Warcraft 3. Which was a PVP game with a compelling storyline / campaign. As opposed to commanding the entire army.

Conflict, fighting, and therefore PvP is part of the heart and soul of this franchise. Don't be silly. "Not built for pvp." There were open world gankers and duels in Classic before launch lol.

Ganking, and open world fighting is PvP too, and an integral part of the base game.
My interpretation of the implementation of AI in bgs is that its more of a training mode for new players rather then just throwing them to the wolves with no prior experience.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess?
11/10/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Farora
My interpretation of the implementation of AI in bgs is that its more of a training mode for new players rather then just throwing them to the wolves with no prior experience.

Will the training program simulate what happens when your teams fc is not a dh while the other teams is?

Edit: I don't think it will help new players get into pvp any easier. The best way is throw them in the pool and hope they know how to swim. Playing against a player and an AI in any game is like night in day. In starcraft 2 the ai will probably do a normal build while your opponent may just cannon rush while rushing to carriers or number of other builds that the designer were not think about when designing the game. The wow example would be the ai while probably have a normal tank or it will play in way blizz thinks players play. Than when they play a normal bg they will see DH jumping over terrain only they can pass over. It just wont transition as well as they might hope it will.
11/10/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Pyromor
i know what pvp is but it doesn't mean a robot can't fight you and beat you.

Yes, and we call that raiding which is PvE.

My interpretation of the implementation of AI in bgs is that its more of a training mode

Training mode in PvP is called PvPing, learning from your mistakes and getting better instead of Blizz holding your hand and bubble wrapping you.
There are no pvpers on mobile.
11/10/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
You are only noticing because PvP is your interest.

I said in the OP that I PvE and PvP. I've done both since 2006. Casually over the year with 2k in 2s and 3s, 1990 in RBGs and about 190k HKs across my account.

Along with consistent raid progression since BC (except Legion).

I can name hundreds more things PvE players and casual players have been given than PvPers.

let's see... PvP talents are okay at best. The new honor level system is decent. 1-2 new BGs every 2 years is nothing to write home about.

That's all I got. Everything else has been stripped from PvP that I listed in the OP. idk how much of it is bias when it's factual that those things were removed and very little has been added.

Nah. There's nothing to do in PvE either, if you're not a raider or m+ competitor. Right now, not in the past. Now. Old content is it.
So @ Bodywrecker ,What would you like seen in pvp that blizzard should improve,since this new system is coming?
11/10/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Shlevana

Will the training program simulate what happens when your teams fc is not a dh while the other teams is?

Edit: I don't think it will help new players get into pvp any easier. The best way is throw them in the pool and hope they know how to swim. Playing against a player and an AI in any game is like night in day. In starcraft 2 the ai will probably do a normal build while your opponent may just cannon rush while rushing to carriers or number of other builds that the designer were not think about when designing the game. The wow example would be the ai while probably have a normal tank or it will play in way blizz thinks players play. Than when they play a normal bg they will see DH jumping over terrain only they can pass over. It just wont transition as well as they might hope it will.

11/10/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Bodywrecker

My interpretation of the implementation of AI in bgs is that its more of a training mode

Training mode in PvP is called PvPing, learning from your mistakes and getting better instead of Blizz holding your hand and bubble wrapping you.

I meant more along the lines of learning the mechanics of a particular bg (ex. "oh so I can't cap the flag unless we have both of them?") not so much player vs player interaction.
11/10/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Bodywrecker

Oh and AV ,isl of conquest,Ashran are not BG's then,interesting.
I must apologize ,i read that wrong @Bodywrecker.