Nathanos is planning something. Reach revered to continue.

General Discussion
Feels bad :(
LOL WUT? Is this a real message in the game?
Honorbound?
11/10/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Dalfurane

11/10/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Sahkan
Honorbound?

Yes T_T
God. Imagine being forced to work so hard and your "reward" is to spend more time with Nathanos.
11/10/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Ironcross
11/10/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Dalfurane

11/10/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Sahkan
Honorbound?

Yes T_T

Goodness me. That sounds real bad.
I don't get it. What's the problem? The war campaign is honorbound rep gated. Seems fine to me.
11/10/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Enekie
God. Imagine being forced to work so hard and your "reward" is to spend more time with Nathanos.

It's bad, he always says !@#$ about awesome things I do then compliments stupid things I do. WTF Nathanos =.=
Same thing happens Alliance side with 7th Legion:

"Shandris is tracking our next target. Raise your reputation with 7th Legion to continue."

Translation: Go complete 2-3 days worth of unrelated world quests to artificially extend the time it takes to complete the content.
11/10/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Notsodead
I don't get it. What's the problem? The war campaign is honorbound rep gated. Seems fine to me.

Well the only way to get rep outside of the weekly, is to spam WQ. The wq have bad rewards that I don’t need and I don’t enjoy doing them. So I started getting rep by sending my guys on missions through the app while I was on break at work or something. I figured 7500 honored would come eventually.

So I log in to play when I can and spend that time doing dungeons, bgs, and other things I want to do.

The day finally came and I got the rep I needed after many months. I was sent on one quest to retrieve a captains body from the ocean floor. We get back and I’m like “cool whats next?!”, only to be greeted by “go get another 6k rep to find out”.

If you enjoy mindless content like spamming WQ, then I can see how you wouldn’t mind this. If I have 51 minutes to play though, I don’t want to spend it doing WQ just to continue the main story in a game I paid 50 bucks for.

Blizzard could have given us more options to gain rep each day. A dungeon, a daily bg rep reward. A daily IE reward. Anything but spam wq.

Translation: Go complete 2-3 days worth of unrelated world quests to artificially extend the time it takes to complete the content.

This is exactly how it feels.

Finding out that Nathanos is a self-insert makes the character make so much more sense.
11/10/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Notsodead

Jim here likes being told when he’s allowed to have fun and progress a story in a game that he paid for, don’t be like Jim.
Probably should have posted this on my main guy. The point is, I’ve been playing for a long time and this is a first for me where I’m like “really?”. I just want to continue the main story. I don’t mind grinding for optional stuff, but mainline content? Even the Firelands stuff didn’t bother me. It felt way more relevant to what I was working toward.

It's like a blizzard strategy to counter faction imbalance: Force horde players to spend time with Nathanos, expecting them to rage quit the horde.
"Play game to continue"
11/10/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Mowachassa

It's like a blizzard strategy to counter faction imbalance: Force horde players to spend time with Nathanos, expecting them to rage quit the horde.

That’s funny and all, but I feel like this whole rep gate thing is driving people away. I only have a few hours left and I don’t know if I want to renew. Not because I don’t enjoy 5/3 man content and PvP, but because I can’t get what I paid for unless I spend all of my playtime doing non dynamic, repetitive content.

I realized after a while that MM Hunter is terrible, and that’s what I always played. So I level this Fury war and it’s fun. If I want to play him though I have to start all over on rep. My other choice is to continue playing a class I no longer enjoy due to Blizzard’s changes doing content I don’t enjoy, so that I can eventually do something I enjoy. That something would be months away because of the time I have to log in.

The whole system is so messed up.
11/10/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Thorun
"Play game to continue"

The game is not World of Worldquests. It shouldn’t be, anyway. Thanks for your contribution though.

Only good thing about nathanos is his amazing voice actor whoever it is they do a really good job.
Plans take time to make! Don't rush him.

But time gating is necessary, even if we don't like it. Without it we would blow through the whole main story in an hour or two then spend the next few months complaining there's nothing happening. That's why they pace it out more.

And it's being improved in 8.1. The story quests will give actual significant rep, making it much quicker to hit the next chapter. Although I wish they'd remove the gate entirely for alts, but it's better than nothing.
11/10/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Asana
Plans take time to make! Don't rush him.

But time gating is necessary, even if we don't like it. Without it we would blow through the whole main story in an hour or two then spend the next few months complaining there's nothing happening. That's why they pace it out more.

And it's being improved in 8.1. The story quests will give actual significant rep, making it much quicker to hit the next chapter. Although I wish they'd remove the gate entirely for alts, but it's better than nothing.

Then gate the story behind “time”. Make us do a dungeon or something, not hours of WQ. It’s a scam and I’m surprised people still can’t see that.