1 kick 1 death

Warlock
Hello, I’m newer to warlocks, specifically destro.
How do you guys deal with getting 1 kick followed by their class stun and then you’re dead.

No matter what I do, I just die before I can get any damage off. It’s really deterring me from the class. No mobility and the only defense we have is tied to the kick as shadow.

Any feedback helps thanks
Idk. Rogues are meant to kill us casters I thought.
The easiest solution is to play as a rogue first. I don't pvp I'll see myself out of your thread.
Locks right now are basically mages without Shields, Blink and CC kit.

You're better off on that mage of yours.
Fake cast.
Unending resolve.
Orc racial reduces stun duration.
Goblin racial gives you distance.
Mortal coil.
Yeah it sucks being a warlock. I came back from Wotlk and it's a world of difference with where at on the food chain we are.
Rogues are a-holes and caster killers. Just the way they are unfortunately and Warlocks are currently on the weaker end for PvP atm

From an Arena perspective though:

You have to master fake casting. I'll admit I'm not too great at it which is why I've fallen from 1800 something down to 1550 in Arenas as I ran into more Demon Hunter comps (fuk those guys)

Get an addon that tracks things like kicks, when you are able to successfully fake cast. The rogue's only choice now is a stun, or a silence if they are Assassination. Otherwise they cannot stop your fears, Chaos Bolts, etc

Kidney shot is also generally the Rogue's kill button. That is when the rogue's big damage is going to hit you and your healer must focus you. If you got no healer in WPvP or BG's, that's when you hit unending resolve and probably your Trinket/Gladiator's Medallion and Mortal Coil. Try not to panic and hit all 3 though because you'll need those when he comes back

Entrenching Flames is good vs rogues due to them having no root breaks if you took that talent in the first place and that can buy time to line up a fear or a chaos bolt

Ultimately though, in arenas it comes down to who's able to stop the healer from saving lives better and in WPvP, well I do WQ's as Demo for a reason, currently they are far stronger at keeping pesky melee like rogues at bay than the other 2 specs
If rogues are meant to kill casters, what are casters meant to kill? :o
Don't worry too much about it. That's how the game is now. Even the best lock in the world will lose to a mediocre melee 1v1. Just how it is. Class >>>>> skill
11/12/2018 12:41 AMPosted by Perun
I'd say ourselves but they took away all our fun abilities like hell fire life tap and ritual of doom.
11/12/2018 12:41 AMPosted by Perun

Warlocks have historically been pretty good at fighting other casters with various tools to shut down/out-live enemy casters' burst

For the most part, I can still pull that off by blowing up cocky mages/boomkins with Netherward, fears, and (ironically) Affliction and Destro's big surprise burst

11/12/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Heralol
Don't worry too much about it. That's how the game is now. Even the best lock in the world will lose to a mediocre melee 1v1. Just how it is. Class >>>>> skill

If we're talking strictly WPvP and the occasional duel I'd still rank Demolock as a pretty good ranged spec to 1v1 melee with because most melee these days mongo casters down and you simply cannot mongo down a Demolock.

Higher rated Arenas are a whole different beast