Blizzard is a joke

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
The way class designed has been handled is very unprofessional.
To ship classes recognised by the head of design as unfinished, make people wait (and pay) 4 months to only change a few talents/ number tuning on frankly unfun classes, is just disheartening.

I remember the days where I would have 8-10 classes max level and couldn't even pick a main. Now the one class I actually enjoy is terrible in all 3 specs (and you ignored all the feedback) and its killed the game for me.

Spend more time looking for positive changes on the forums than I do logged in the game lol!

Please communicate better Blizz, you used to care, shame.

Rant over.
I know this isnt feedback but everything that could be said about classes has been by YOUR DEDICATED FANBASE! 12 years of WoW for me and it's never been darker times, even WoD classes had more interaction!
who even plays a shaman? get over it
11/10/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Benjimen

lots of other specs suck too, my friend

Its not just Shaman though, most other classes have a plethora of problems! There is pretty much a thread highlighting broken gameplay with 100+ comments for 70% of the specs in game!

Lucky for you, you play the best class in the game and dont face constant discrimination when trying to join any group.
Have to link orange logs and 900 m+ score to get in a +8...

And thats not even getting started on the stale builder spender gameplay with 0 interaction when you actually get into the content!
11/10/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Mercybliz
I remember the days where I would have 8-10 classes max level and couldn't even pick a main

yea that was WoltLK, cata and MoP for me.

these days its the complete opposite.

I leveled 6 classes to 120 within the first month of BfA, not because I like them so much but because I desperately want to find a class that is still fun in this game.

I had no success finding this class, therefore my sub is running out in a few days.

Had the same issue in Legion btw, only that in legion it took me a bit longer to get bored because of artifact weapons, but the raw class design was just as awful.
Honestly, at this point, voting with your wallet is all you can do.

Blizzard Activision is no longer in the business of making good games for their fellow gamers. They're in the business of marketing their games to shareholders. We gamers are simply their loyal (addicted) cattle.

You may argue that Blizzard is a business and that this has alwsys been the case, and you'd be right. I don't think anyone here doesn't want Blizzard to make money. It's a symbiotic relationship, more money for Blizz means more funds to feed the games we all love.

But wheras there was a balance before, between providing good quality games for gamers, and runing a corperation. It seems Blizz is all corperate these days.

Even their feedback reeks of corperate jargon. It's meant to confuse players rather than inform.

If you bought, or at the very least, were confused by Ion's statements about the "long term health of the game" it did its job.

They hear our feedback. They're happy to ignore it so long as we pay them. They'll keep feeding us lies about how feedback matters so long as its "constructive". (They'll then proceed to contradict this statement whenever it's comvenient for them).

They have all the high quality feedback they could ever ask for and more. Some of which I would die to have as a fellow content creator. All that remains is to convince them that listening to it is more profitable than milking us for cash.
What kind of joke?
Knock Knock?
Or something different?
The way class designed has been handled is very unprofessional.
To ship classes recognised by the head of design as unfinished, make people wait (and pay) 4 months to only change a few talents/ number tuning on frankly unfun classes, is just disheartening.

I remember the days where I would have 8-10 classes max level and couldn't even pick a main. Now the one class I actually enjoy is terrible in all 3 specs (and you ignored all the feedback) and its killed the game for me.

Spend more time looking for positive changes on the forums than I do logged in the game lol!

Please communicate better Blizz, you used to care, shame.

Rant over.

Didn't you know? Did you listen to the quarterly report? All of their best devs have been moved to developing games for mobile. They are no longer a company that is interested in making quality games on PC.
11/10/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Linjea

lots of other specs suck too, my friend

The list of unplayed specs you can't even list on one hand. That is a problem. Unplayable.
What did they expect would happen when they tossed out 10 years worth of class refinement for the sake of pruning in WoD and then did it AGAIN in Legion and then did it AGAIN in BfA.

Ion's grand vision of class design has failed, trying to reinvent a class every 2 years doesn't work, it took 10 years just to get to the heights that were achieved in MoP gameplay you can't just make that happen in 2 years and you certainly can't make it happen when you throw all your previous work in the trashcan at the end of every expansion. It's a system that needs to be built upon and refined for the next expansion.

They traded ability bloat for SYSTEMS bloat. The artifact weapon was nothing more than system bloat, same with Azerite armor. It adds almost nothing to gameplay yet introduces a high level of "so-called-customization" to a class but it's going to end up in the garbage can in 2 years so there's nothing for the classes to actually BUILD ON.

Make our classes complex again, give us back flavor spells and get your hands off our spellbooks! The extra layer of complexity should be gained through the time-tested and proven system of TIER SETS which worked for 15 years, worked GREAT in fact. If you want an EXTRA layer of complexity you do it through TRINKET CHOICES which worked for 15 years, worked GREAT in fact...

You don't need to reinvent the wheel, you just have to get the wheels balanced.
Sticking it out to 8.1, when classes dont feel better then I'll just stop playing.

Every class I have played in legion at max level is bad, with maybe the exception of frost mage. I dont enjoy doing a lot of the content like I did in Legion, pvp alliances win loss ratio sucks along with a caster who cant do anything becuase stuns and silences are too common....random bgs used to keep me entertained till guildies came on and we did other things. Trying to build a key up with pugging a few players in mythic + is challenging, never know if that 350 druid is gonna blow your key or give you a +3.
11/13/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Greytmagic
Sticking it out to 8.1

Same, though I don't know why. Playing on the ptr and reading the current changes for other classes has revealed they still don't get it. I think I'm hoping the DK pvp changes will make the game mildly interesting for me. Atleast for a short while.
11/11/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Thalerion
Ion's grand vision of class design has failed,

I still think the design is to get wow onto console its the only reason they would prune so much isn't it?

Or they are just lazy and less abilities means less balance time idk i just want my warlock back
Thats exactly what i was saying when i started playing again in legion after playing up to cata and taking a break there. in wotlk i enjoyed so many classes, could pretty much just start leveling any random class cause you just knew its going to be well designed and enjoyable like other classes.
then in legion i was trying so hard to find a main, suddenly i keep changing characters not because i think they are all good but because they are all bad. and then in bfa it just got even worse. at least by the end of legion things were starting to shape up a bit but nope, one step forward another few back.
11/11/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Thalerion
What did they expect would happen when they tossed out 10 years worth of class refinement for the sake of pruning in WoD and then did it AGAIN in Legion and then did it AGAIN in BfA.

Ion's grand vision of class design has failed, trying to reinvent a class every 2 years doesn't work, it took 10 years just to get to the heights that were achieved in MoP gameplay you can't just make that happen in 2 years and you certainly can't make it happen when you throw all your previous work in the trashcan at the end of every expansion. It's a system that needs to be built upon and refined for the next expansion.

They traded ability bloat for SYSTEMS bloat. The artifact weapon was nothing more than system bloat, same with Azerite armor. It adds almost nothing to gameplay yet introduces a high level of "so-called-customization" to a class but it's going to end up in the garbage can in 2 years so there's nothing for the classes to actually BUILD ON.

Make our classes complex again, give us back flavor spells and get your hands off our spellbooks! The extra layer of complexity should be gained through the time-tested and proven system of TIER SETS which worked for 15 years, worked GREAT in fact. If you want an EXTRA layer of complexity you do it through TRINKET CHOICES which worked for 15 years, worked GREAT in fact...

You don't need to reinvent the wheel, you just have to get the wheels balanced.

This is exactly correct.
Also, they feel we are stupid and will not notice their willingness to spend the least amount possible to make the most money. So hiring grifters to sell hype is what Blizzard does now. No creativity, no humility, and an honesty that is shown by actions, not words. BLIZZARD DOESN'T CARE. That is what their actions show. Deleting alpha and beta forums because they care. Destroying classes that people have more experience and are more passionate about, because they care.
Blizzard needs to remove the necrotic hubris and allow people who care interact with the community and actually look back at WoTLK, Cata, MoP, and even WoD and create classes that reflect the years of people and players who cared about this game.

!@#$ing love when rogues and DHs scream “game is gud you scrub”. I’m sure you love having everything handed to you for free.
Let me tell another joke: Battle for Azeroth.
1st- anonymous ghost character, you're hiding something

2nd - wow isn't the only decent mmo out there go play something else

3rd - stop being so entitled and full of yourself
If Blizzard is a joke, why am I not laughing? Their refusal to make classes fun to play is just frustrating at this point. I first thought they were just totally incompetent, but this goes beyond that. For classes to feel this bad, there has to be some sort of willful desire to make the game horrible to play. I don't get it.