Blizzard are you listening?

General Discussion
WALL OF TEXT OVERKILL PARAGRAPHS NEEDED ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE
11/10/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Vera
If your a nightelf fan then you won't like what goes on in the next patch. Forsaken are pretty much gestapo. Torturing nightelves on darkshore shackled to the trees and ground. While horde soldiers poke at them with there weapons. It's no different then the deathcamps from WW2. Players accepted Teldrassil burning but this is just bleeding the nightelves even more. Smearing it in there face. Horde and Alliance players both have voiced there concerns about it. Alex is ignoring it if you have read from the interviews that hes done recently. If it goes live alot of players will be effected by it. I suggest going to the ptr forums and reading about it. Don't let the darkshore warfront cinematic fill you with false hype. It's worse what goes on there. Once you see it, spread the word more. At this point Alex already said nightelves won't get there vengence because they are not gonna let the players kill Sylvannas off. Yet he claims theres reasons for her doing what she is doing trying to make it seem that shes in the right. Shes using tactics like Hilter did. I don't think anything could be said to make what hilter did right. Yet he argues that Sylvannas has good reasons.

They’re night elves. What more reason do you want or could possibly need?
11/10/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Fottengaga
99% of the threads and comments where negative towards the current and future state of this game

You haven't been paying much attention because it's been that way for Years. Of course the forum is going to be mostly the negative, the folks having fun in the game aren't on the forums complaining.

If I don't like the current Sims game being offered, I don't play it. If I don't like watching horror movies, I don't watch them.
Blizzard are you listening?

no they're not because you posted this on their forum......i'm sorry, according to them this is our forum. except it's not really because of the forum police who work for them. anyway, I guess if you want them to notice I guess you have to post on twitch, or twitter, or reddit or anywhere but here.
11/11/2018 01:54 AMPosted by Raptorion
Yes.. of the approximately 20% of the playerbase that post on these forums at all.. 99% of the threads created are talking about something negative.... since 2004. People will show up to complain more than to praise. Skews the overall perception. That's why classic lovers think they are a majority as well. Based on a forum that doesn't realistically represent the whole.

But whatever you think...

I have been here since 2004 and the negativity about the game as a whole has never been THIS loud. Theres been a post here and there and while in beta expansions get their share but they all quiet up within a month or 2 of release. Then you have the doomsayers about their classes.

But even I have to agree with some points. Shaman and Priest were told they would be worked at in 8.1. They waited 6 months for small changes that could have been hotfixed in WEEKS even months ago. Maybe there is more changes coming but it's looking unlikely. That is completely unacceptable. Those changes could easily have taken place in Beta. It's laziness pure and simple and a good sign of where the Dev Team is currently at.
11/10/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Vera
If your a nightelf fan then you won't like what goes on in the next patch. Forsaken are pretty much gestapo. Torturing nightelves on darkshore shackled to the trees and ground. While horde soldiers poke at them with there weapons. It's no different then the deathcamps from WW2. Players accepted Teldrassil burning but this is just bleeding the nightelves even more. Smearing it in there face. Horde and Alliance players both have voiced there concerns about it. Alex is ignoring it if you have read from the interviews that hes done recently. If it goes live alot of players will be effected by it. I suggest going to the ptr forums and reading about it. Don't let the darkshore warfront cinematic fill you with false hype. It's worse what goes on there. Once you see it, spread the word more. At this point Alex already said nightelves won't get there vengence because they are not gonna let the players kill Sylvannas off. Yet he claims theres reasons for her doing what she is doing trying to make it seem that shes in the right. Shes using tactics like Hilter did. I don't think anything could be said to make what hilter did right. Yet he argues that Sylvannas has good reasons.

Please drop the freakin' WWII/Hitler comparisons. Jesus Christ it's a freakin' game. A Fantasy game at that. It does not warrant any actual concern beyond my next cup of coffee much less anything close to or on par with the holocaust.

It's an ongoing story and it will eventually resolve itself and no, there won't be any decisive win/lose for either side. If that is truly effecting you emotionally, (beyond a basic nostalgia), I'd venture to say you may be far to invested in this game and may want to take a step back.
11/11/2018 06:17 AMPosted by Älpha
But even I have to agree with some points. Shaman and Priest were told they would be worked at in 8.1. They waited 6 months for small changes that could have been hotfixed in WEEKS even months ago.

^ this. having to wait until dec 11th for some minor buffs that could have been hotfixed in is just insulting. it's really just a sad joke.
Not saying there's no problems in the present game, because there are, but there will never be a time in which the forums are NOT filled with complaints.

Even if Blizzard found some way to add/remove everything people requested, even if they made universal paradoxes like having LFR and no LFR simultaneously, someone somewhere would find a new complaint.
But even I have to agree with some points. Shaman and Priest were told they would be worked at in 8.1. They waited 6 months for small changes that could have been hotfixed in WEEKS even months ago. Maybe there is more changes coming but it's looking unlikely. That is completely unacceptable. Those changes could easily have taken place in Beta. It's laziness pure and simple and a good sign of where the Dev Team is currently at.

Development time isn't infinite and there are always priorities that they follow internally. We may not agree with their priorities, but they can't work on everything at once.

I read an interesting article today about "feedback" and the origins of it and how it's morphed into what we think of today. It was originally a mechanical systems word where machines learned to interpret their surroundings and the effect outside forces had on it to later how they approached what they were trying to accomplish.

We've co opted that to how we have an effect on what we're trying to change through our words and actions. Which is a good evolution. However the article went on into opinions that we can either agree with or disagree with. I'm kind of partial to a couple of things it discussed, so I'll pass some of that along here.

First is that there's a signal to noise thing going on. Tons and tons and tons of feedback with little content don't really make much of an impression. So clicking thumbs up on stuff isn't really giving a lot of quality feedback per se. I've always been against the Facebooking of the Internet, so I may be a bit biased here, but I don't particularly find that mechanism all that interesting.

Next is that to penetrate all that noise, you kind of have to be focused. And provide actionable ideas in a small space. (No, I'm doing well with that here with this long post.) So maybe we can do better with our feedback here and spend less time adding to the noise.

I hear a lot of "they don't listen to us." In reality that's a "they don't listen to me" because I see a lot of evidence that they not only are listening, but they're changing things with the game based on feedback we generate. The key thing is that this sort of thing doesn't happen instantly. It happens over months. Because knee-jerk changes usually lead to things that have to be changed again. And we rarely have a good concept of just how complicated it is to change something in game and what it might affect once it goes live.
Their main goal is to sell transactions from the shop, so lvl 110 boosts and race changes, so expect more allied races, it's probably their #1 priority. Adding a forth ring tier and stat changes to existing skills doesn't take months of work. This expansion is already content complete and ran by a skeleton team. The main team is working on the next expansion.
And no Blizzard does not listen, if they did, this would be a completely different game. The difference between Vanilla and retail is staggering. I said before, I'd rather spend all day leveling from 30>31 because it's more fun and immersive then playing BfA in this state. A green item quest reward from classic has more dopamine hits than anything in BfA.
Do you guys not have phones?
11/11/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Crepe
Because knee-jerk changes usually lead to things that have to be changed again.

the developers don't mind "knee-jerk" reactions when it suites them. like we have never seen a knee-jerk reaction from blizzard. it should have been done right to begin with. it should have been taken care of in alpha, or beta. they knew how bad these class designs were. all they are doing in 8.1 is putting a band aid on a gunshot wound.
changes like sharding

The want to produce a playable game

loot trading.

its called taking out the middle man
11/11/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Crepe

Development time isn't infinite and there are always priorities that they follow internally. We may not agree with their priorities, but they can't work on everything at once.

I read an interesting article today about "feedback" and the origins of it and how it's morphed into what we think of today. It was originally a mechanical systems word where machines learned to interpret their surroundings and the effect outside forces had on it to later how they approached what they were trying to accomplish.

We've co opted that to how we have an effect on what we're trying to change through our words and actions. Which is a good evolution. However the article went on into opinions that we can either agree with or disagree with. I'm kind of partial to a couple of things it discussed, so I'll pass some of that along here.

First is that there's a signal to noise thing going on. Tons and tons and tons of feedback with little content don't really make much of an impression. So clicking thumbs up on stuff isn't really giving a lot of quality feedback per se. I've always been against the Facebooking of the Internet, so I may be a bit biased here, but I don't particularly find that mechanism all that interesting.

Next is that to penetrate all that noise, you kind of have to be focused. And provide actionable ideas in a small space. (No, I'm doing well with that here with this long post.) So maybe we can do better with our feedback here and spend less time adding to the noise.

I hear a lot of "they don't listen to us." In reality that's a "they don't listen to me" because I see a lot of evidence that they not only are listening, but they're changing things with the game based on feedback we generate. The key thing is that this sort of thing doesn't happen instantly. It happens over months. Because knee-jerk changes usually lead to things that have to be changed again. And we rarely have a good concept of just how complicated it is to change something in game and what it might affect once it goes live.

Maybe you havent been in the ptr forums lately, thread after thread after thread about..... classes.

there has been tons of feedback, but little content? Hardly, there have well structured threads that detail exactly where specs fall down, for instance the shadow priest one by publik.

Completely ignored.

So no, it isnt a signal to noise issue here, and yes it is a they dont listen to us issue.

The class and spec is the lens through which we observe the world of warcraft. It should be the priority right now to fix, else the world remains a blurry mishmash of colours
Ya know at least one blue could come on to just type "we are listening". The fact that they never do says so much....silence rings like a bell.
The people who love this game are the ones who criticize it the most, the people who will just keep paying and playing no matter what until blizz shuts down the servers are just in an abusive relationship with the game and need help.