What could unravel Anduin?

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
Anduin has been a poised and just King attempting to make the best decisions for the Alliance. He's taken on a lot from childhood til now.

But one thing I thought of with Sylvanas going around raising the dead, what if she managed to raise Tiffin?

Would Anduin change and become wrathful and blind with rage? Or would he be able to manage such a terrible deed and find a way to put his mom to rest?
I can only see Sylvanas raising Tiffin to spite Anduin and play with his head... and we've already kinda got that plotline going with Derek.

But were Sylvanas to do this, I'd imagine Anduin would be able to keep a straight head and definitely put his mom back to rest. I have strong opinions about him, but I can give him that credit.
The complete and utter destruction of the Night Elves homeland couldn't do it?
Sylvanas is already marked for death. And I don't think he would hold the rest of the Horde responsible if she did that.
11/10/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Deathisfinal
The complete and utter destruction of the Night Elves homeland couldn't do it?

Not to sound cruel, but there's a stark difference as one would look at things as a King during a time of war and a horrid personal blow like raising his mother.

11/10/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Grandblade
I can only see Sylvanas raising Tiffin to spite Anduin and play with his head... and we've already kinda got that plotline going with Derek.

I felt this should have been the route they went rather than the Proudmoores. I feel Derek was only relevant because of Kul Tiras, but Sylvanas and Anduin are clearly the two who will face off at some point. I'm not sure why she would want to invoke Jaina's wrath like that.
He might unravel if the Alliance as a whole turns on him despite what he feels from his Divine Bell senses(which he follows despite them coming from a Sha corrupted Artifact)... Anduin is narcissistic enough that he would go full Sha if that happens!
That would be incredibly hilarious if he raised her, and it turns out she conspired with the Defias and it was actually Varian that killed her

Ooft.
This is the 5th thread this week related to Villan batting or removing Alliance characters, and the second one involving Anduin. Just FYI
i don't think that raising tiffin is possible but after derek.. nothing will surprise me.

now, if tiffin is raised, anduin is just too good for this world, that would not be enough to break him.
even if varian is raised, he would see as putting him down as some kind of mercy, he would do it.

i think that the only way to make anduin a totally different person isn't a tragedy like other characters.

it would be if he is captured and tortured to the point where his mind would break, is not something that i would want. but that is the only way that i see where anduin becomes a different person, in essence, a maniac.
Anduin's pacifism would have to blow up in a spectacularly personal way.

Like...

Sylvanas dies.

Anduin makes peace with the Horde yet again.

New Forsaken leader Nathanos somehow fulfills Sylvanas wet dream of murdering Stormwind and raising them as undead.

Cue Anduin's mental breakdown.
11/10/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Piouspelicañ
That would be incredibly hilarious if he raised her, and it turns out she conspired with the Defias and it was actually Varian that killed her

Ooft.
What a weird headcanon.
11/10/2018 11:43 PMPosted by Jazia
Anduin's pacifism would have to blow up in a spectacularly personal way.

Like...

Sylvanas dies.

New Forsaken leader Nathanos somehow fulfills Sylvanas wet dream of murdering Stormwind and raising them as undead.

Another spectacular way would be if the Alliance entered open revolt against him due to his actions including the release of Saurfang. Cue Sha corruption from the Divine Bell revealing itself!
11/10/2018 11:43 PMPosted by Jazia

where did i heard that before?..
sounds like jaina, we don't need that again.
and much less if she trades places with the wrynns and becomes pacifist,again.

i would like that his pacifism blows him the face in another way, like him releasing saurfang should piss off the nelfs.
then he has to deal with the alliance falling apart.
Then, if we need him to have a mental breakdown, capture and torture.
but i don't think that will ever happen. (and i don't want it either)
11/10/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Saiphas
This is the 5th thread this week related to Villan batting or removing Alliance characters, and the second one involving Anduin. Just FYI

I see the Horde fans are finally getting to you.
11/11/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Zerde
11/10/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Saiphas

I see the Horde fans are finally getting to you.

Naw, I understand Why this happens, I also would point out this one and one other were both done by Alliance toons. I merely am pointing out the number of these threads in an effort to ensure people understand that there is an uptick in these threads.

This goes once again, to my issues with the faction war. That we see these cropping up while the Horde leadership is getting the villain bat is no real surprise. (Like seriously, in no way shape or form did we need a retcon on Sylvanas' involvement in the wrath gate).

I truly don't have any malice to any group of players writ large, if anything my antipathy is more toward the developers who do not understand human social constructs nor how their story decisions impact and potentially harm their players.
11/10/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Yvenathilm

Another spectacular way would be if the Alliance entered open revolt against him due to his actions including the release of Saurfang. Cue Sha corruption from the Divine Bell revealing itself!

Nah.

No more Sha B.S..

11/10/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Etheldald

where did i heard that before?..
sounds like jaina, we don't need that again.
and much less if she trades places with the wrynns and becomes pacifist,again.

It worked for one diehard idealist!

i would like that his pacifism blows him the face in another way, like him releasing saurfang should piss off the nelfs.
then he has to deal with the alliance falling apart.
Then, if we need him to have a mental breakdown, capture and torture.
but i don't think that will ever happen. (and i don't want it either)

I would actually love to see Anduin's attempts to create and maintain peace fail and backfire and for him to have deal with the fallout of a shattered Alliance.

Trying to make decisions that benefit everyone end up benefiting no one.

Not because there's anything objectively wrong with his decisions. Because the people in general just aren't as good as he believes they are and can't let go of hatred and prejudice.

Mind you I love Anduin.

But he's too pure for this cold cruel world.
11/10/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Grandblade
11/10/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Piouspelicañ

Ooft.
What a weird headcanon.

I'm not sure what lead you to believe that's my headcanon. I merely said it would be funny if that happened. Find relevant ways to flame me.
11/10/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Grandblade

But were Sylvanas to do this, I'd imagine Anduin would be able to keep a straight head and definitely put his mom back to rest. I have strong opinions about him, but I can give him that credit.

I mean, Anduin never knew his mom since he was an infant at the time of her death.. And Varian got disenchanted soooooooooooooooo....
11/11/2018 12:36 AMPosted by Piouspelicañ
I'm not sure what lead you to believe that's my headcanon.
Never said it was yours, just said it was weird.
11/11/2018 12:36 AMPosted by Piouspelicañ
Find relevant ways to flame me.
You think you want that, but you don't.
it's possible Derek will kill Taelia