Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/11/2018 12:48 AMPosted by Estus
it's possible Derek will kill Taelia
Bolvar:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/368/634/16f.gif

here are many characters that have huge deathflags,but not taelia,she isn't dying, she is here to stay.
11/11/2018 12:50 AMPosted by Grandblade
Bolvar:
The ice stone has melted!
I think if your aim was to take down Anduin you wouldn't attack him directly. He's proven to be too stubbornly idealistic to break that easily. You'd do what Veidt did to Dr Manhattan, turn the people against him.
I hope Anduin will unravel when he needs help in the war and super space !@#$ Yrel comes to save the day doing more messed up stuff than Sylvanas and he realizes that the light is just as corrupt as the shadow and he goes full shadow with the help of Alleria.
11/11/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Galenar
I think if your aim was to take down Anduin you wouldn't attack him directly. He's proven to be too stubbornly idealistic to break that easily. You'd do what Veidt did to Dr Manhattan, turn the people against him.

Like, say, letting Tyrande and Mal (and everyone else) know he just unilaterally decided to release a prisoner of war, the one who orchestrated the entire War of Thorns.

Please let me do it, as a Sylvanas/Saurfang style choice for the Alliance. I'll shout it from the top of Stormwind Keep.
11/10/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Zenretsu
But one thing I thought of with Sylvanas going around raising the dead, what if she managed to raise Tiffin?

Would Anduin change and become wrathful and blind with rage? Or would he be able to manage such a terrible deed and find a way to put his mom to rest?

Neither. Anduin spent the entirety of Before the Storm trying to convince the other human leaders of the Alliance that the Forsaken aren't monsters, but are instead their long lost friends and family members, and should be embraced as such. He even convinced Greymane that it was wrong to hate the Forsaken.

If Tiffin was raised Anduin would be overjoyed, because he'd see it as his mother coming back to life.
Anduin and Saurfang plan to make their move on Orgrimmar.
Tyrande learns about this alliance between Saurfang and Anduin and throws a fit, possibly even attempting to kill Saurfang in the process. Tyrande continues her long and glorious history of being a detestable and incompetent leader of her people.
Sylvanas and the Horde learn of Tyrande's attack/murder of Saurfang, and make a martyr of him.
The faction war gets hot, with the Alliance fracturing and the Horde (wrongly) convinced the Alliance under Anduin is in a war of extermination against the Horde.
Tyrande continues to go off the rocker and Genn is forced to choose between her lust for vengeance and Anduin's goals for peace.

Anduin realizes how his plans are in ruins and things are spirallying out of control and goes for Azerothian Machevelli, removing the disloyal leaders (Tyrande and Malfurion) ruthlessly and efficiently.
I noticed that Anduin beats himself up over failures, which isn't neccesarily a bad thing, but I don't think Anduin is the type of dude that comes completely unraveled.

They would have to do a Stratholme 2.0 where Anduin would have to make a stupid hard unfair decision that would cause him to doubt himself and the light. Even then though, I'm sure he is familiar with the story of Arthas, and would do anything to avoid going down a path of darkness like that.
Anduin has been a poised and just King attempting to make the best decisions for the Alliance. He's taken on a lot from childhood til now.

But one thing I thought of with Sylvanas going around raising the dead, what if she managed to raise Tiffin?

Would Anduin change and become wrathful and blind with rage? Or would he be able to manage such a terrible deed and find a way to put his mom to rest?

Sacking Stormwind and raising his mother.

One of these things my trouble him but give him resolve.

Both of them however would likely make him lose his $&#@.
Nothing will unraval Anduin as long as the Writers are on his side.

For example, in Before the Storm, he secretly brought Calia Menethil to talk to Forsaken in front of Sylvanas because he thought it would be hilarious.

When she started screaming she was the true queen of the Forsaken and Sylvanas killed her (for 5 seconds, until she got better), every character in WOW came to Anduin and said "You were right about everything Anduin!", and he concluded the book with the line "Sylvanas is bad."
11/11/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Galenorn
11/11/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Galenar

Like, say, letting Tyrande and Mal (and everyone else) know he just unilaterally decided to release a prisoner of war, the one who orchestrated the entire War of Thorns.

Please let me do it, as a Sylvanas/Saurfang style choice for the Alliance. I'll shout it from the top of Stormwind Keep.

Don't give Saurfang too much credit. Sylvie does sort of lead him by the nose through a lot of planning process in a Good War (in a very "teacher wanting the student to reach the answer on their own" sort of way), to get him to the conclusions she wants. Hell, part of the trouble around Malf surviving came from one of those conclusions she led him to (there were certainly "mixed" signals from her on that front).

Plus, I'm not sure it would be widely known within the Alliance (or even the Horde for that matter) just how much the Assault on Teldrassil was the product of Saurfang; or the product of Sylvanas. She is still Warchief after all; she has final say in anything he planned; and she is the one that ordered him to give her a plan of attack on Teldrassil (so he was under orders when he created it).
Anduin is much tougher than he looks, I think. But I admit he can be a bit...boring and bland to some players, even Alliance ones. That is why certain people support Sylvanas over him, she is more complex and engaging in some ways despite her ruthlessness.
11/11/2018 12:50 AMPosted by Grandblade
Bolvar:

Lord that one had me rollin'. It's obvious he cherished his daughter as she said he wrote her all the time.

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if Taelia was put in harms way and Bolvar learned of it. I'd also imagine there's going to be some sort of dynamic between Taelia and Anduin at some point, would be poetic to see that union of his daughter and someone who he protected since he was a little boy. Bolvar would be proud.
11/11/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Tilgath

Neither. Anduin spent the entirety of Before the Storm trying to convince the other human leaders of the Alliance that the Forsaken aren't monsters, but are instead their long lost friends and family members, and should be embraced as such. He even convinced Greymane that it was wrong to hate the Forsaken.

If Tiffin was raised Anduin would be overjoyed, because he'd see it as his mother coming back to life.

But the problem with that is the removal of reasonable responses from those who were scarred by their actions. I get that they are former Lordaeronians (??) but that doesn't mean anyone should have any reason for their actions, or inaction of stopping Sylvanas.

I don't know about Anduin being overjoyed about Tiffin being raised. Not trying to incite any one but it's not like anyone raised has been... sane. Most of the Forsaken have a real sadistic and twisted view of things possibly because of being risen into undeath. Most 'culpable' undead I have seen joined the Argent Dawn. But the Forsaken can't really be seen for any bit of moral compass.
The death of his father could have done it but the story went in a different direction. Pretty easy story line that would be.
11/11/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Xoroth
The death of his father could have done it but the story went in a different direction. Pretty easy story line that would be.

I'd rather Varian not die, but everything thereafter was actually pretty good in terms of how it was dealt with.

Anduin didn't have either in his life long, but Varian taught him a lot. Since WotLK til Varians death, Anduin was always learning from his father and was also teaching Varian. Varian returned more as 'Lo'gash' than 'King of Stormwind'. However, it's made apparent at the end of MoP that Varian had changed a lot when it came to diplomacy.

I think Anduin honors his father, not so much as mourns him.
11/10/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Grandblade
11/10/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Piouspelicañ
That would be incredibly hilarious if he raised her, and it turns out she conspired with the Defias and it was actually Varian that killed her

Ooft.
What a weird headcanon.

Its so off the wall I like it.

11/10/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Deathisfinal
The complete and utter destruction of the Night Elves homeland couldn't do it?

He only feels sad about it, Night elves being victims has been done so many times so much that it has no meaning.
11/11/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Detrik
removing the disloyal leaders (Tyrande and Malfurion) ruthlessly and efficiently.

Disloyalty? To the boy who refused them help in their time of need?

Contrary to portrayal, the Alliance is not an Empire. If Anduin won't help the Night Elves, then Tyrande can tell him to pike off, and go fight the real fight herself.
11/11/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Galenorn
Like, say, letting Tyrande and Mal (and everyone else) know he just unilaterally decided to release a prisoner of war, the one who orchestrated the entire War of Thorns. Please let me do it, as a Sylvanas/Saurfang style choice for the Alliance. I'll shout it from the top of Stormwind Keep.

Exactly like that. It may have noble intentions but there's no way most people in the Alliance would support releasing a war criminal. All it would take was some proof of it "accidentally" being released to the other leaders and civilians of the Alliance and he'd find himself with protests on his hands at the very least.