How are Hunters atm?

Hunter
11/13/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Imahuntûdown
If you want a ranged class, look elsewhere.
MM spec is currently ST only with specific az traits.
BM's scaling feels like it fell off. Has it's uses and easy to play, but mid to bottom among competitive dps.

I'm still butthurt about survival going melee and refuse to try it. Plenty of other melee classes.

Funny you mention BM scaling is bad when it's still the go-to spec at high level play. Friendly reminder that worlds first +21 key wasn't even a long time ago and it was a BM Hunter.
11/12/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Moonuredps
11/12/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Tykho
... Thanks for the info! Will def check out and utilize this site.

Its used for good and bad.

You can actually learn a lot and how you are messing up. For instance you can pull up a fight you are having issues with and find a good parser with sameish fight length and see what he did better.

Maybe he has 20 more kill commands or better barbed shot uptime, maybe he had more CD usage that he lined up with crows etc.

You can learn a lot from the site, but on the flip side people will use it as a wow credit score for anything you do raiding. Which can feel bad if you arent doing good, meaning less invites.

Before I got better ilvl i was parsing 90's, now I got some 'better' intellect and ilvl my parses went down.... nothing else changed. used raidbots to sim.

Sometimes these 'logs' dont show the whole picture, I know a 'few' people trying to get their parses up while the 'others' are actually doing mechanics for them and themselves...
11/11/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Fergy
Last I played a hunter was in Wrath.

pretty much downhill since.
BM Hunter seems fairly decent for pve, not as much for pvp. Survival seems to be doing alright in both. Marksman isn't doing too well in pve or pvp, but it seems like a fun spec to me, and it looks to be getting a buff in 8.1
Don't listen to brainwashed hunters. If you want to know the truth hunter is the worse class ever in WOW history, Blizzard hate this class the most and nothing will change their mind.
11/13/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Orangesilk
Funny you mention BM scaling is bad when it's still the go-to spec at high level play. Friendly reminder that worlds first +21 key wasn't even a long time ago and it was a BM Hunter.

There is a lot of factors here. Including what affixes what dungeon and what was the comp outside the hunter.

However when people are talking about scaling they are looking at 8.1 and if 8.1 drops as is Survival will more then likely outpace BM.
11/14/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Milkshooter
11/13/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Orangesilk

There is a lot of factors here. Including what affixes what dungeon and what was the comp outside the hunter.

However when people are talking about scaling they are looking at 8.1 and if 8.1 drops as is Survival will more then likely outpace BM.

Not true at all. Look at logs from all classes within all ilvls, BM is scaling as well as everyone else. BM is behind because that's just where it's at, it performs it's best on new content and uldir isnt new.

BM will be amazing at the launch of next tier. Then it will drop back down to where it is once content isnt new.

BM is fine, BM will always be fine. Play BM if you like BM, stop chasing the log dream.
11/11/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Gunshy
11/11/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Pacog
Pretty good, BM has a lot of utility which i love and MM is good but in ST, Survival is a mistake for me it should had never gone melee.

This doesn't change the simple fact it is our best spec by a pretty wide margin.

Yeah thats a lie.
11/14/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Pacog
11/11/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Gunshy

This doesn't change the simple fact it is our best spec by a pretty wide margin.

Yeah thats a lie.
If he's talking about in raids, then no he's not. For Mythic+ BM wins out.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/20
11/14/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Doctonice
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Its used for good and bad.

You can actually learn a lot and how you are messing up. For instance you can pull up a fight you are having issues with and find a good parser with sameish fight length and see what he did better.

Maybe he has 20 more kill commands or better barbed shot uptime, maybe he had more CD usage that he lined up with crows etc.

You can learn a lot from the site, but on the flip side people will use it as a wow credit score for anything you do raiding. Which can feel bad if you arent doing good, meaning less invites.

Before I got better ilvl i was parsing 90's, now I got some 'better' intellect and ilvl my parses went down.... nothing else changed. used raidbots to sim.

Sometimes these 'logs' dont show the whole picture, I know a 'few' people trying to get their parses up while the 'others' are actually doing mechanics for them and themselves...

That's because parses considers your ilvl range. And it should.
The reason why you have a 90% on Zul heroic even though you only did 2k dps is because your ilvl was 340. Ain't no one's gonna usually be doing heroic Zul at 340, hence the wonky parse.

The whole point of these is to measure you against people in the same class, similarly geared. If you could just overgear them the parses would be meaningless.

The reason why most of your parses is in gray is because compared to similarly geared shadow priests, your performance is lackluster.