Forum Migration/new features

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 6 Next
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995

Trust levels on this forum will be interesting...
11/11/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Dangerjosh
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995

Trust levels on this forum will be interesting...

Oooooooooooooh yeah. Let’s see how that shakes out.
rip simple and easy to use.
We’ve removed the “thumbs down” button and replaced it with a flagging system with multiple options.

but that's the 1 feature that needs to be added back.
11/11/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Inemia

no.

i dont enjoy my posts being buried by people who haven't the slightest clue about this game.
11/11/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Doraflex
11/11/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Inemia

no.

i dont enjoy my posts being buried by people who haven't the slightest clue about this game.

i don't think the post should be hidden, but the downvotes should be seen.

the problem is that if i come in and say something like:

"Pineapple on pizza is the best pizza"

and 33 people upvote it, then it will look popular, the only way to counter this or downvote after a fashion is for someone else to make a post stating that pineapple on pizza sucks, and the people who upvote that post are effectively downvoting my post.

a visible downvote on every post is much cleaner and it eliminates having to create a counter post just to pseudo-downvote.
tbh, they should even remove upvotes. Let's not pretend either side didn't/doesn't down or up vote all willy nilly. This seems interesting though.
Post more often? What does that mean. lol

Anyway, *IF* it's supposed to help forum positivity, I do hope everyone downvotes/flags trolling. Or is the usual clique - made of people who troll a LOT and are actually quite negative and jeering - going to downvote/flag anyone they personally do not like, regardless of the idea being discussed or because they do not agree with the idea/opinion?
11/11/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Jugajr
tbh, they should even remove upvotes. Let's not pretend either side didn't/doesn't down or up vote all willy nilly. This seems interesting though.

This. No upvotes or downvotes. Rest of what they proposed seems interesting and has the potential to be good.
11/11/2018 07:45 PMPosted by Utterly
Or is the usual clique - made of people who troll a LOT and are actually quite negative and jeering - going to downvote/flag anyone they personally do not like, regardless of the idea being discussed or because they do not agree with the idea/opinion?

This is on both sides.. just stop
11/11/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Leadbelly
No upvotes

I thought upvotes help reduce the number of "I agree" posts in each thread.

Players can express their support/agreement without filling up a thread with extra posts that don't offer anything new to the conversation.

Anyway, *IF* it's supposed to help forum positivity, I do hope everyone downvotes/flags trolling. Or is the usual clique - made of people who troll a LOT and are actually quite negative and jeering - going to downvote/flag anyone they personally do not like, regardless of the idea being discussed or because they do not agree with the idea/opinion?

Like it's not across the board. I've seen a "lol" aimed at Jugga get multiple upvotes while a constructive reply from her get nothing. People upvote on how well they like or dislike the player, not the content. Let's not pretend it's only some imaginary clique that does it.
11/11/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Forums
11/11/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Leadbelly
No upvotes

I thought upvotes help reduce the number of "I agree" posts in each thread.

Players can express their support/agreement without filling up a thread with extra posts that don't offer anything new to the conversation.
This hasn’t really happened since they removed downvotes.
Works for me.

RIP in peace all of our old Treehouse Forum Gang threads.

Who remembers the old wow forums? The black and white theme? Lol.
I used to have a stalker that would downvote me every time i posted b/c he didn't like me for some reason, his name was LIGHT, haven't seen him around tho lately

anyways, this will be a cool change, I like the notification features they're adding
also jugaa for mvp! Let's get her there!!
i miss downvotes
11/11/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Forums
i miss downvotes

an impostor has appeared lol
11/11/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Shadowy
jugaa for mvp! Let's get her there!!
idk about MVP but she def deserves a snowfox award for her bg post count
11/11/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Jugajr
Or is the usual clique - made of people who troll a LOT and are actually quite negative and jeering - going to downvote/flag anyone they personally do not like, regardless of the idea being discussed or because they do not agree with the idea/opinion?

This is on both sides.. just stop

You first then. And everyone else. And I will join in. I'm a really nice person once you get to know me. :)

If the bully brigade on this forum hadn't been so ridiculous from the day I came back to the game, I would be a much nicer poster too. But I can't stand the way they jeer. So I figure they need a dose of their own medicine.

That all said, I dislike/oppose quashing freedom of expression, even for those whose opinions I strongly disagree with. There is already a function to deal with those whose posts we absolutely have no interest in reading. Why not just stick to that?

I think some people on this forum are way too eager prove to "friends" how cool they are, at the expense of others. If those people would just cool their heels a bit and try to do less hur-hur'ing with each other it would go a long way toward creating actual positive community.
11/11/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Jadei

Like it's not across the board. I've seen a "lol" aimed at Jugga get multiple upvotes while a constructive reply from her get nothing. People upvote on how well they like or dislike the player, not the content. Let's not pretend it's only some imaginary clique that does it.

It's not imaginary, there are at least 4 who happened upon your post. So let's not pretend you have no idea who benefits (and who doesn't) from upvotes on this forum. :)