Forum Migration/new features

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
11/12/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Greyhide
11/12/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Miadra
Lets hope the flagging is akin to what we have now, and it is just posts that fall under the no no rules that get removed.

After reading an article on inappropriate use of the flagging feature, it sounds like you're right. Some forums have features like this where if it gets enough "bad" flags, it gets removed, buried or even in some cases, banned. This should help prevent cliques from saying "oh, you like apples when we clearly said we like oranges? enjoy your ban!"

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/inappropriate-use-of-the-flagging-feature/22908

Yeah, I can remember when they first removed downvotes, there was a bit of a fuss on the forums, people claiming that everyone would just report the posts that they were unable to downvote, and Blizzard coming back telling us not to worry, that every post is reviewed and not automatically removed just because it had been reported.

From what I have seen, the mods seem pretty good about appropriately removing what needs to be removed, so I am hopeful that will continue. Of course you get the few on GD who are screaming about censorship because Blizz is removing posts, but when that happens, and they remove posts that are not breaking ToS, it is usually because 19 people have spam filled the front page with posts about the same subject lol.
11/11/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Forums
...i would. in this thread alone of people who posted i guarantee you Impostor Forums and Tsataga upvoted jadei. i knew you were 1 of her upvotes as well. thats literally the definition of a clique

Well i guess I can cross “be outed as someone’s secret BG forum groupie” off my bucket list.

I should probably go upvote it too so you’re not wrong.

I’d be offended since I have no problem thinking on my own, but then I remember it’s boomjackson, former member of Hydra, saying it and I’m fine because I know of his great love for me. In fact, he probably upvoted my reply too.
11/12/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Miadra
Hum, so I guess they are planning on shortening that tiny little wait time for "positive" posters? Always seemed short enough to me.

I will like that it will automatically take me back to where I stopped reading a thread, having to scroll forward to find where I left off is a pain.

Yeah. It sure feels like the forums used to do exactly that. That will be a nice QoL change

Well i guess I can cross “be outed as someone’s secret BG forum groupie” off my bucket list.

I should probably go upvote it too so you’re not wrong.

I’d be offended since I have no problem thinking on my own, but then I remember it’s boomjackson, former member of Hydra, saying it and I’m fine because I know of his great love for me. In fact, he probably upvoted my reply too.

You’ll think like I do and you’ll like it.
I just hope trust levels are not some dinky automated process that can be exploited and instead are doled out by a...dare I say it...active moderator. :O
The question we need to be asking ourselves is if Juga's post count going to reset on the new forums.
11/12/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Jdpp
The question we need to be asking ourselves is if Juga's post count going to reset on the new forums.

I’m pretty sure we will all be starting at zero again baby.
11/12/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Tsataga
11/12/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Jdpp

I was just hoping I would see her at 100k.

Who has the most forum posts right now? Is it Juga?
11/12/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Tsataga
You’ll think like I do and you’ll like it.

I just find it ironic how quickly they label like minded people a “clique” but watch the upvotes any time someone trash talks someone they don’t like. Gotta love the bg forums!

This is why I hope this new system is moderated and not player driven.
11/12/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Jadei
I just find it ironic how quickly they label like minded people a “clique” but watch the upvotes any time someone trash talks someone they don’t like. Gotta love the bg forums!

This is why I hope this new system is moderated and not player driven.

I think for the most part, people are not referring to all the like-minded individuals (perhaps some) rather than ones they see who infest all threads and agree with each other/upvote, even if they have absolutely no clue what the person they upvoted is talking about. An easy way to spot this is when those same people have off-topic conversations within those threads.
Sup Grey. Did you catch the game the other night?
11/12/2018 12:40 AMPosted by Welshcorgi
it's just so fitting that bfa has to also kill the forums.

Nah, Blizzard has been talking about doing this for over a year now, for all its game's forums. It just finally got to WoW. We'll have to wait and see if they tweak functions for us, though.
11/12/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Jdpp
11/12/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Tsataga

There’s someone in GD with more than me and one not far behind.
11/12/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Jugajr
11/12/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Jdpp

There’s someone in GD with more than me and one not far behind.

I found 3 on GD. One in the 80k's, One around 120k and the other pushing 140k.

You gotta up your game.
11/12/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Jdpp
11/12/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Jugajr
...There’s someone in GD with more than me and one not far behind.

I found 3 on GD. One in the 80k's, One around 120k and the other pushing 140k.

You gotta up your game.
Lol! I’m good where I’m at.
Looking forward to being the most untrusted poster on the forums. :-D
I pulled this from the hots forums update.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380

"Flag a post to alert a moderator
The forum post report form is now gone since you simply flag a post that you believe violates the forum Code-of-Conduct. Simply click the flag icon then choose from one of the four options provided as needed. The post is then flagged for review by a moderator. You have a few minutes to undo the flag if you wish. Note that threads may be automatically locked for 24 hours if they receive enough flags among all posts in that thread.

DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE TO SIMPLY DISLIKE THE CONTENT OF THE POST. To help control unwanted flag spam for the moderators to sift through, all users have a very limited number of flags per day they can issue. So only flag posts that are in violation."

Lol I can't wait to laugh at all the temp locked threads in here.
11/12/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Vanx

Line forms behind Bob and maybe Jugaa. Maybe me too. Oh and probably Pingaz. And... oh what the heck, just get in line.
11/12/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Greyhide
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/inappropriate-use-of-the-flagging-feature/22908

"At this time, we are taking steps to remedy this issue, including the distribution of suspensions to users we believe are simply negatively flagging topics. In the future, we will be handing out this kind of suspension during our initial review phase. Furthermore, we will be decreasing the number of flags users can issue per day, as this will encourage users to utilize the feature as a true reporting system instead of a means to show disagreement."

Well, this is good to read. Too many report happy people over anything.
11/12/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Jadei
11/12/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Vanx

Line forms behind Bob and maybe Jugaa. Maybe me too. Oh and probably Pingaz. And... oh what the heck, just get in line.

Pingaz get the ban hammer? Haven't seen him post in forever.
11/12/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Jdpp
11/12/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Jadei

Pingaz get the ban hammer? Haven't seen him post in forever.

11/12/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Pingazlol
This looks dumb lmao.