Forum Migration/new features

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
11/12/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Jugajr
11/12/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Jdpp

Pingaz get the ban hammer? Haven't seen him post in forever.

11/12/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Pingazlol
This looks dumb lmao.

HE LIVES!
11/12/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Jdpp
Sup Grey. Did you catch the game the other night?

Yes I did. I'm out $10 now.
11/12/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Jdpp
I pulled this from the hots forums update.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380

"Flag a post to alert a moderator
The forum post report form is now gone since you simply flag a post that you believe violates the forum Code-of-Conduct. Simply click the flag icon then choose from one of the four options provided as needed. The post is then flagged for review by a moderator. You have a few minutes to undo the flag if you wish. Note that threads may be automatically locked for 24 hours if they receive enough flags among all posts in that thread.

DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE TO SIMPLY DISLIKE THE CONTENT OF THE POST. To help control unwanted flag spam for the moderators to sift through, all users have a very limited number of flags per day they can issue. So only flag posts that are in violation."

Lol I can't wait to laugh at all the temp locked threads in here.

We can hope that people can be reasonable enough not to flag posts just because they don't like the person, what is being said, or think it is just complaining that they don't want to look at. People probably should go into this keeping in mind that they don't look kindly on people abusing the report feature.
11/12/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Miadra
11/12/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Jdpp
I pulled this from the hots forums update.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380

"Flag a post to alert a moderator
The forum post report form is now gone since you simply flag a post that you believe violates the forum Code-of-Conduct. Simply click the flag icon then choose from one of the four options provided as needed. The post is then flagged for review by a moderator. You have a few minutes to undo the flag if you wish. Note that threads may be automatically locked for 24 hours if they receive enough flags among all posts in that thread.

DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE TO SIMPLY DISLIKE THE CONTENT OF THE POST. To help control unwanted flag spam for the moderators to sift through, all users have a very limited number of flags per day they can issue. So only flag posts that are in violation."

Lol I can't wait to laugh at all the temp locked threads in here.

We can hope that people can be reasonable enough not to flag posts just because they don't like the person, what is being said, or think it is just complaining that they don't want to look at. People probably should go into this keeping in mind that they don't look kindly on people abusing the report feature.

Lol
11/12/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Kitanana
11/12/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Miadra

Lol

x2
Talking to a buddy that uses the overwatch forums and he said they throw out bans left and right for sneezing the wrong way. It doesn't leave room for much discussion or debate because of people's tendency to flag a post when disagreeing and the mods will still delete posts and lock threads on a whim.

I then confessed that I had over 4000 posts and 95% of them were sarcastic tongue in cheek comments. He told me to be prepared to be banned.

If that's the case then I guess I better find something else to fill the time at work other than working since forum bans roll over to in game as well.
11/12/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Tsataga
I’m pretty sure we will all be starting at zero again baby.
Round two.

11/12/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Jdpp
He told me to be prepared to be banned.
O.O
11/12/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Dangerjosh
I just hope trust levels are not some dinky automated process that can be exploited and instead are doled out by a...dare I say it...active moderator. :O

Get to trust level 1 by…
  • Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
Talking to a buddy that uses the overwatch forums and he said they throw out bans left and right for sneezing the wrong way. It doesn't leave room for much discussion or debate because of people's tendency to flag a post when disagreeing and the mods will still delete posts and lock threads on a whim.

I then confessed that I had over 4000 posts and 95% of them were sarcastic tongue in cheek comments. He told me to be prepared to be banned.

If that's the case then I guess I better find something else to fill the time at work other than working since forum bans roll over to in game as well.

I noticed on OW forums, it shows who liked a reply. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

Tbh, the whole flagging process sounds like an even easier way to automate forum moderation. I hope I’m wrong.
11/12/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Jadei
I noticed on OW forums, it shows who liked a reply. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

Time to see who is in whose cliques.
This reminds me of "negging people into oblivion".
11/12/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Forums
11/12/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Jadei

Time to see who is in whose cliques.

Yep and who “likes” seeing other players trashed... that is if they use a transparent system the same as they use this one. ;)

I wouldn't worry. As bad as people might get here, there is no one, no group, no clique, no anything that equates to the horrible, whiny, *edit the following curse words and vulgarities* that are the dreaded "Mercy Mains!!!" of the OW forums.

Seriously, the OW playerbase at it's worst is 100x more bat guano insane than anything I've seen here in my 4 or 5 (or is it 6?) years coming here.

Same. I don’t report anyone but I know mine 100% are because the last two suspensions were lolworthy.
Yep. The new forums will be interesting
11/12/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Dangerjosh
I just hope trust levels are not some dinky automated process that can be exploited and instead are doled out by a...dare I say it...active moderator. :O

[quote]Get to trust level 1 by…
  • Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

*insert the sound of a balloon popping here*

well that hope didn't last long at all
11/12/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Dangerjosh
*insert the sound of a balloon popping here*

Ok, I laughed Josh. Thanks.

He told me to be prepared to be banned.

We should all just let it al hang out tonight and then prepare to be good boys and girls and others tomorrow evening.
Oh boy, a progression system for the forums. Maximize that engagement and you'll be imbedding images in no time.

:)