6 ilvl or 10% haste?

Druid
So, Im resto and I have been bagging higher ilvl gear but keeping my lower level gear equipped so i can keep my haste around 23%.
Is that a strange thing to do?
I just feel more comfortable with higher haste.
You could sim it... however simming doesnt tell the whole story.

Haste is so hugely important. But if your haste gear was matched with mastery and the other option was crit/verse it might be worth higher ilvl.

At the end of the day I say what feels most comfortable is best. If that little bit of haste is the difference between you finishing a cast and then moving or canceling a cast and then moving it's always better to squeeze out that last cast that cancel one.

More casts = more resource = more starsurge = more damage. There is a new trait coming out that sets it up so every x star surges goves you x time with our dps buff. So haste is only going to get more important.

Granted with the change to mastery it could be argued that its value will go up as well. So really just stack thay haste as high as you can and accept everything that comes with the piece so long as it has more haste.
Lol when I get 6 pieces of gear 10+ item levels higher I do the swap.
I always keep my highest ilvl combo in bags to appease the ilvl > all crowd that seems to be so previlant in the game now. Have that all important number boosted for your apps. Have your best output set on for when you are actually doing content.

It's disgusting that that is where we are in the game now. But even last expac when I mained priest disc/shadow. My optimal set of gear could be 20-30 ilvls lower than the highest I could equip. You show people you have the gear to get your groups and then you put out the numbers to parse with the best combo you have. It's a bit cheesy yes but it's what the game has evolved into and we need to respect it or it will destroy us
Seeing how people judge and accept you based on your item level, the answer is obvious.
I would prefer ilvl, because as resto you dont need that much haste. In dg mastery is prio, in raid crit haste versa, having %23 haste seems like losing crit and versa.
I usually run around 12-15% haste in dungeons with 14-15% crit and 11-15% mastery. Those are just luck of the draw RNG gear that I get but I usually always go with ilvl. Ide say as long as your comfortable healing and probably don’t drop below ~10% haste, you’ll be fine. Take the ilvl. The Int from the ilvl will be better over all.
You should swap the lower pieces for ilevel for Int and Sta.

It looks like you do mostly mythic keys, so you should probably get your mastery up instead of sacrificing ilevel for haste. I'd also say that you should pick up an Archive of the Titans / Grove Tending trait instead of sinking 3/3 in Waking Dream. While the first Waking Dream is a great trait, Archive beats it and ranks 2 & 3 are outclassed by diversifying the traits. For 5 mans, Grove Tending is a great trait.
Yeah 20% is overkill imho. But whatever works for you.
11/13/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Lamentation

It looks like you do mostly mythic keys, so you should probably get your mastery up instead of sacrificing ilevel for haste. I'd also say that you should pick up an Archive of the Titans / Grove Tending trait instead of sinking 3/3 in Waking Dream. While the first Waking Dream is a great trait, Archive beats it and ranks 2 & 3 are outclassed by diversifying the traits. For 5 mans, Grove Tending is a great trait.

I did not check his armory but 3 waking dream is very bad, because effect doesnot work for second and third piece.
The op must choose one of these traits for first outer ring
Grove tending
Rampant growth
Waking dream -maybe
I choose prosperity and sotf because without these resto doesnot have any burst heal , people start dying when you dont have tranq or tree cd available. Tranq is not viable because of movement required fights.

fungal essence is very good with prosperity and effloresence usage
Archive of the titans
Autumn leaves -for raid
Choose 3 of these 6, dont use 2x of any trait if you have other traits.only (and maybe) archive is good to use 2 in mythic plus dungeon because there is not much non combat time, your stacks doesnot drop
11/13/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Lamentation

I'll give it a shot later.
I just finally got my 3rd Waking Dream and i want to see him how much extra healing i can passively squeeze out of it.
Oddly enough I haven't got any Grove Tending traits in quite a while.
Great advice. I appreciate it.
General rule of thumb I use is primary stats before secondaries - iLvl will net you more healing throughput than worrying about secondaries in almost all situations. Secondaries more effect how you should be healing to get the most out of them. I don't do high Mythic keys on here, but for those low keys I have done Mastery always worked better than haste, i've actually crit works better than haste for raiding.