The new forums are Discourse

General Discussion
This means the following trust levels will likely apply (or near to):

https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

New accounts through to Leader accounts. Interesting.

I like Discourse and it’s a much easier to use forum software than current. Plus it’s easier to mod too.
Not quite. The forums will just be 3 trust levels.
I don't care what they are mostly I just in it for the chaos.
11/13/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Landusk

ultimate despair?
11/13/2018 02:48 AMPosted by Nickodemous

ultimate despair?
WANT SOME?! ;D

Now this guy^ knows what i am rooting for :)
11/13/2018 03:03 AMPosted by Wariya

Now this guy^ knows what i am rooting for :)
Come be like me and let there be Chaos.
Sucks that anyone who's been banned in game, even for as little as 12 hrs or a day, can't receive trust level 3.

I hope they change that, or at the very least have a trusted site dedicated solely for World of Warcraft screenshots so trust level 2s can embed safe images.
11/13/2018 03:17 AMPosted by Alphon
Sucks that anyone who's been banned in game, even for as little as 12 hrs or a day, can't receive trust level 3.

I hope they change that, or at the very least have a trusted site dedicated solely for World of Warcraft screenshots so trust level 2s can embed safe images.
Pretty much I mean mostly I doing this case well "I am bored" what I gonna do but no we have be like robot have to earn that trust level 3 and be good little robot to have that freedom of talk.
The trust levels in the link don't match up with what has been described, so I wouldn't use it as a model. However the subject of the thread is true.

I also wouldn't call earning trust being a "good little robot." It's about being part of a community and having a positive influence on it. That doesn't mean being happy with everything, just discussing what you like and don't like in a civil manner. Things about the game can really, really suck sometimes. It's OK to feel that way and talk about it and what you'd like to see instead.

To look at it from Blizzard's point of view, do you want people who can't post without using profanity to have the ability to embed links and images? Think about what could be posted. It wouldn't be pretty. So yeah, you have to demonstrate that you're not going to cause any harm.
11/13/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Crepe
To look at it from Blizzard's point of view, do you want people who can't post without using profanity to have the ability to embed links and images? Think about what could be posted. It wouldn't be pretty. So yeah, you have to demonstrate that you're not going to cause any harm.

As stated though, people who have been banned or suspended in any Blizzard game, even as little as 12 hours, won't have the ability to reach trust level 3 to embed images.

I have friends who have been in trouble once in game, getting a suspension just for killing the city auctioneers in Stormwind, even though he didn't know it was against ToS since it was on a PvP server.

He, along with many others who have been suspended or banned for petty reasons, won't be able to reach trust level 3.

I get where you're coming from. We don't want just anyone to embed images on the forums since people can do some pretty crazy crap, but the in-game ban disqualifying you from trust level 3 is ridiculous.
I refuse to grind forums rep. That's ridiculous. I don't care about anything other than just saying what I want to say here. Sure I try to do that respectfully, but I ain't grinding forums rep for some reward roflmfao.

I'll keep doing what I've been doing regardless of benefits or punishments. Apparently so far I've been fine in the mods eyes.
11/13/2018 04:46 AMPosted by Dubknight
I refuse to grind forums rep. That's ridiculous. I don't care about anything other than just saying what I want to say here. Sure I try to do that respectfully, but I ain't grinding forums rep for some reward roflmfao.

I'll keep doing what I've been doing regardless of benefits or punishments. Apparently so far I've been fine in the mods eyes.

I think you just need to show you can post within the guidelines that are already being expected of you. That's hardly an equivalent to grinding rep.
11/13/2018 03:17 AMPosted by Alphon

I'm really not interested in hitting level 3 but it does seem pretty silly that i got a 24 hour ban once back at the end of WOTLK and that one strike means im done for lol

(The ban was for fishing, before Cata content actually launched you could stand in parts of the old world and cast your fishing line into 'new' water, a few friends and i were stocking up on Cata fish in the days leading up to the expansion dropping lol)

They define "Profanity" very loosely. Things like @#$%, *****, and *BLEEP* are profanity and will get you temp-banned. I know this because I've been temp-banned from the Overwatch forum for these very things.
11/13/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Mulgrim

They define "Profanity" very loosely. Things like @#$%, *****, and *BLEEP* are profanity and will get you temp-banned. I know this because I've been temp-banned from the Overwatch forum for these very things.

Well I have to say that seems a bit over the top.
I personally don't care about forum trust levels...so long as i can give my two cents on issues or correct / defend the points of others. I'm good.

As a whole i really do get why blizz is moving in this direction with forum trust levels. How folks are getting upset with this is puzzling to me.

I mean for years these forums reaped far more hate and negativity then anything else. Then also for years folks post "why is the community so toxic...why are these forums toxic...these forums should be shut down..etc etc"...

Well blizz finally answered and said ok here's our fix.

Now the day has come and select people are going bonkers over it.

Ive read a few ridiculous posts actually taking the "we shouldn't be censored....
Freedom of speech no company should have the right to squelch communication " stances...
Which when i read those i do the smh thing and while its funny at first its sad how little people know about basic rights yet they grandstand about them.

Anyway thats my rant.
I don't care what they are mostly I just in it for the cookies.

Fixed with giggles.
If I give what I would like to see change on the class back in beta and upon release, and all of the feedback has been ignored I've got nothing else to say about the class and I'm not retyping the post over again. That's where more salty comments come in, if they dont like it buy the game back from Activision and become the old blizz again. Other than that bfa won't see the end of azeroth, classic will be the only thing keeping the game afloat
11/13/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Alphon
I have friends who have been in trouble once in game, getting a suspension just for killing the city auctioneers in Stormwind, even though he didn't know it was against ToS since it was on a PvP server.

Wait what?

How is that against ToS? o.O

If that's the case, account actions should be looked into or the Trust system modified to not count insignificant penalties against it.

On topic, the new Trust stuff doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I use the forums to read, occasionally respond and rarely create threads. I don't care one bit about posting images. Truth be told, I imagine a good chunk of the community is about like me on this.