Another outer ring on Azerite?

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
A while back Blizzard said they were adding another ring to Azerite pieces... Is this still going to happen?
It already happened. The new ring contains 6 traits (8 for Druid, 4 for DH), 2 for each spec (but you can choose only one of course).
11/13/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Belerian
It already happened. The new ring contains 6 traits (8 for Druid, 4 for DH), 2 for each spec (but you can choose only one of course).

I am on the PTR and can tell you it did not happen. All the gear on the gear vendor still only has the 3 rings.
I noticed the Epic Pieces have 4 rings; is that the change?

Or are all Azerite pieces going to have 4 rings?
It has happened the gear with the fifth trait onlt comes from new gear. Go do an emissary cache that gives az gear and it will have 5 rings the vendor doesnt sell the new gear.
11/13/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Nhaakhet
11/13/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Belerian

I am on the PTR and can tell you it did not happen. All the gear on the gear vendor still only has the 3 rings.

The fifth ring of Azerite Traits is definitely coming in Tides of Vengeance. You’ll see it on new gear when Season 2 begins, on the same day the Battle of Dazar’alor Raid opens in January. At that time, the item levels of rewards from dungeons, PvP, emissaries, Warfronts, and everything else that drops Azerite gear will go up, and all of the new Azerite gear from those endgame sources will have a fifth ring of Azerite Traits.

In the next few weeks, we’ll advance the state of the PTR to test Season 2. You’ll then see the new ring on rewards, the new Mythic Keystone affix, and other content that’s coming with Season 2.
By the end of the expansion we're gonna have 10 rings a piece, it's gonna be awesome!
So is the new Darkshore warfront releasing in Dec. with "old" loot levels? Or the 355 ilevel with a quest for 385 that has been datamined(PH??)? Or is it not available/gated until January/Season "Two"?

Similar question with the incursions? Are they gated behind the war campaign like the raid?

Not trying to be a jerk about it, sure that 8.1 has plenty to offer, just setting my expectations for Dec. 11th.
This is really disappointing.

Previously WoW has always had a power boost towards the end of a raid tier to help guilds struggling finish up before it ends. EN had a boost via ToV gearing. NH had Concordance added at the tail end. ToS had the NLC at the end, and Antorus had Artifact weapon going crazy.

This strikes me as Blizzard being unable to retroactively change azerite gear, and having players refarm the same pieces they already have is a bad idea. So instead of either retroactively fixing it, they just gate them for another month.
Will there be another interim PvP arena season similar to legion where we can still queue between Dec 11 and raid release?
11/14/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Plytofski
This is really disappointing.

Previously WoW has always had a power boost towards the end of a raid tier to help guilds struggling finish up before it ends. EN had a boost via ToV gearing. NH had Concordance added at the tail end. ToS had the NLC at the end, and Antorus had Artifact weapon going crazy.

Uldir has that its called reorigination array we only just now maxed it out.
11/14/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Kaivax
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The fifth ring of Azerite Traits is definitely coming in Tides of Vengeance. You’ll see it on new gear when Season 2 begins, on the same day the Battle of Dazar’alor Raid opens in January. At that time, the item levels of rewards from dungeons, PvP, emissaries, Warfronts, and everything else that drops Azerite gear will go up, and all of the new Azerite gear from those endgame sources will have a fifth ring of Azerite Traits.

In the next few weeks, we’ll advance the state of the PTR to test Season 2. You’ll then see the new ring on rewards, the new Mythic Keystone affix, and other content that’s coming with Season 2.

You're not paying attention at all then. It's already out. I logged in day one of ptr patch being up and a world quest that had gear already had the extra outer ring. It's been out day one on ptr.

Food for thought. To increase the item by 5 lvls you needed lvl 38 neck. Fun times.
Check the date of the discord post. http://prntscr.com/likllw
11/14/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Kaivax
11/13/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Nhaakhet

So the gear isn't increased from Warfronts until the raid drops? If the new Warfront is available for Alliance to start contributing a month before the raid drops, doesn't that mean that by the time the raid opens the Warfront will flip to the horde again and we'll be in the same scenario as last time with the horde having an advantage of garnering gear from spam running Warfronts? Last time the warfront & raid dropped at the same time. Now Alliance gets the warfront first, but the raid isn't coming until a month later.
Well.... Blizzard really likes Azerite Traits. As proof, they are putting a ring on it.
Looks like we're traveling further down the azerite rabbit hole, not out of it.