Does anyone run gold missions?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
They're extremely cost inefficient. If this was wod then it would have been fine, but then again you could actually send your minions to collect resources for you. Obviously we can't do that now which means YOU will have to grind the resources. If you have a couple of characters that you play then you're fine.

Once you start building up your alt army then you most likely won't be spending 12+ hours a day grinding wqs for resources. It was pretty bad in legion but at least you got compensated for your time doing it. That is not the case now.
I don't do any missions
I mostly just run the ones where I can get 600 azerite with the bonus
11/13/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Hùrin
11/13/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Mikuhatsune
I don't bother with the mission table anymore. Just used it for honorbound and 7th legion rep.

Good. mission tables need to go away.
I think they shouldnt be forced on players who dont want to do them...anymore than Pathfinder should be.
but I also dont want others enjoyment to be taken from them, so make it optional.
I miss out on some easy gold if I dont use it. But that can be replaced by doing stuff I DO like to do, like farming.
11/13/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Balki
150g reward?? I mean seriously who’s running these?

Free gold is free gold. At what point do you stop and pick up change? Penny? Nickel? Quarter? There is a point when it becomes worth your time.

Stopping at the table on my way to Kul Tiras and 10 seconds of my time is worth it.
I don't currently. If they increase the gold amount later, I will - they were super lucrative in Legion. For right now, though, the resources are better used elsewhere.
I am only doing pet charm missions.

I am not doing enough WQs to stockpile enough resources to spend on this low amount of gold.

It's a hamster wheel of futility. Spend your time doing WQs so you can amass resources so you can do missions which give you less gold than you would have earned if you had done literally anything else besides those resource WQs.
The only missions I bother with are pet charms, and those rune stones that sell for 400-600g a pop on my server, and only if they are 200% to get 8 or so of them at once. Way better than some pathetic 150g.

Pretty sure they will increase the amount those give later down the road, if you recall, they sucked at the beginning of Legion as well.

I hope at this point no one is going to be shocked when they are removed/ nerfed to hellnback, at the end of BFA. They did the same thing at the end of WoD, as well as Legion now.
gotta make back the 50k gold worth of follower gear I equipped them with somehow right?
11/13/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Mastadôn
11/13/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Balki
150g reward?? I mean seriously who’s running these?

Free gold is free gold. At what point do you stop and pick up change? Penny? Nickel? Quarter? There is a point when it becomes worth your time.

Stopping at the table on my way to Kul Tiras and 10 seconds of my time is worth it.

It's not free, it costs war resources. And you have to spend time grinding for that. If you spend the same amount of time grinding herbs, you are much better off fiscally.
no none since pre patch
11/13/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Pitagriffin
11/13/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Mastadôn

It's not free, it costs war resources. And you have to spend time grinding for that. If you spend the same amount of time grinding herbs, you are much better off fiscally.

I have enough war resources that I spend exactly zero time farming them. Thus at this point free gold is free gold. I stand by my statement
I run only gold missions now. I am exalted with all BFA reps, I do not care about the little bit of azerite power, I will get pet tokens as they come up. So it is mostly free gold for me and I still have over 5k resources to spend.
If the phone app didn't take forever to load between characters I would.
Just make a slutty dressed female on MG if you're lookin to make some quick cash.

/dance

Thats the secret friend
For a 100g? Not worth my time to click it.
Never. It's for suckers as the war resources you use are more valuable than the reward is.

The BfA mission board is designed for suckers and to punish players who got into the WoD and Legion boards.
Complete waste of war resources. If they added a 0 to the amount then that could change things a bit, but as it stands now the reward is paltry.
I save them for the pet coins and rerolls
11/13/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Mastadôn
11/13/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Pitagriffin

I have enough war resources that I spend exactly zero time farming them. Thus at this point free gold is free gold. I stand by my statement

You can stand by your statement all you want, doesn’t make it right. It literally is NOT free. As he said, it costs resources and resources are not free either. There is a cost to everything.

On a more useful note - blizz if you are reading this please take all this as feedback to the mission part of the game. It seems people don’t find gold missions all that beneficial and to some extent missions overall don’t seem all that beneficial or fun for that matter. Some agree some disagree but hey, that’s feedback for ya.