Bwonsamdi/Ryuk

General Discussion
So , Is Bwonsamdi modeled after Ryuk , personality wise ?

Or is this just pattern recognition at play ?

Cheers.
I have so say it def feels like a reference.
I could kind of see that, but I'd say that he's mostly based off of Baron Samedi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi
I understood the reference so I'm just excited about that, I agree that there seems to be similarities but that's just a coincidence I think.
It's obvious that Bwonsamdi is a tribute to Ryuk.
I don't think he's modeled after me.
Personality wise maybe but, don't the two have a completely different set of actions? Ie: Ryuk wanted only to observe the goings on of Light and "friends" and to play as little a part as possible. Bwonsamdi is incredibly active and even manipulates events to play out how he wants them to. Ryuk eats apples and otherwise is just watching tv.
11/13/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Ralzeeja
I could kind of see that, but I'd say that he's mostly based off of Baron Samedi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi
This could be it.

But in all honesty, when he had the entire exchange with Rastakhan, I was expecting him to break into song about his friends on the other side.
Y'all know Baron Samedi and the other Loa have been around as gods for a long time IRL, right
It's a no from me dog. He's pretty much Baron Samdi mixed with troll culture. Even the name is a dead giveaway. I'm sure if you see a lot of art or depictions of Baron Samdi, you'll see the similarities
He's mainly based on Baron Samedi, but he also seems to take some visual and personality traits from fictional characters such as Ryuk, Doctor Facilier, and Hades (from Hercules) all based around death and/or dark magic
11/13/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Fritaya
He's mainly based on Baron Samedi, but he also seems to take some visual and personality traits from fictional characters such as Ryuk, Doctor Facilier, and Hades (from Hercules) all based around death and/or dark magic

Dr Facilier was also based on Baron Samedi :P
11/13/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Ashallah
11/13/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Fritaya

Dr Facilier was also based on Baron Samedi :P

I know, its a double reference