EASIEST WAY TO FIX ISLANDS

General Discussion
Islands are fun but fairly hated for the all or nothing rewards that mean you just race to cap and don't even pay attention to the island itself.

Here is the fix, half the winning reward and let players earn AP in the island itself just like Champions quests. Mine a node everyone gets 5 AP, kill a regular rare 10ap, weekly rare invasion 30 ap, find secret hidden chest or portal bosses 50 ap.

Exploration rewarded, job done. I like Islands but the rewards are less then a world quest with a low, but a chance none the less, chance of just wasting 10 minutes for literally nothing.
I think I got to level ~26 on my neck and stopped worrying about the weekly for AP. Farming AP deliberately (in general) just really isn't appealing to me.

Now the mounts, toys, and pets on the other hand... those make doing them worthwhile in my book, but the RNG will drive me insane. That new drake mount coming up I desperately want and I think it's an island drop, but I'm gonna be so salty until (if) I get it.
11/13/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Sánádá
Islands are fun but fairly hated for the all or nothing rewards that mean you just race to cap and don't even pay attention to the island itself.

Here is the fix, half the winning reward and let players earn AP in the island itself just like Champions quests. Mine a node everyone gets 5 AP, kill a regular rare 10ap, weekly rare invasion 30 ap, find secret hidden chest or portal bosses 50 ap.

Exploration rewarded, job done. I like Islands but the rewards are less then a world quest with a low, but a chance none the less, chance of just wasting 10 minutes for literally nothing.

i think islands would have been better recieved if they were just an alternate source of gearing like heroic and mythic dungeons
Needed to have a currency to buy gear and have all of the end game stuff contribute at different levels. Simple, really.

When they went hardcore on RNG, but then added *zero* RNG rewards to islands, they doomed islands to be "bad content."
They really need to be dropping coins if nothing else every game.

It’s not good wasting 10-15 minutes and get nothing. That is very depressing!
Take away the insane amounts of trash and more about killing rares.
Make it so the good rares an portals spawn earlier an not when you need just 100 more azerite to finish the damn island.
11/13/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Sánádá

Nope - the fix I want is the ability to do these as solo, duo or as 3.
Have the islands reward a currency that can be spent. Have a vendor by the table that you can buy cosmetic weapons/armors/mounts/pets from for this currency
1. Repair bill

2. No gear drops

3. No gold drops

4. No greens / blues / greys / whites drop

5. No trade goods or consumables drop

6. No expulsom drop

7. Monumental amount of trash and pretty shinies(chests/azurite/etc) means its pretty hard to get pets/toys/mounts to drop if the whole group isn't on the same page, because it only takes one enthusiastic wannabe-corvid to end the scenario early before any good stuff can be killed.

8. Monumental loot table that is random wrapped in RNG wrapped in frustration.

9. Timegated invasions and other special events.

10. Azerite Power alone isn't very compelling.

FWIW, I like the expeditions in concept and have decent fun in a small group maybe 2-3 times a week....but you can't even cap the weekly quest doing that many. They are kind of tiring due to the complete lack of feedback you get most of the time.
Every rare you kill, quest/etc done you get a chest at the end with a chance to get the special item which increases with the more rares/quests/etc done. Also give lowbies some gear drops while doing them.

I havent done IE in a few weeks aside from last week and that was almost a waste of time. Between the 3 of us 1 person got 3 pets while the other and myself got nothing other then duhblooms.