Wow this Timewalking thing really shows something..

General Discussion
1 2 3 14 Next
So this month's Timewalking is TBC, and wow...

We can see just how bad the average players have gotten. Your level and i-level are scaled down to fit the content, so there's no question of being undergeared (unless you are wearing something 51+ levels out of date), so how is it that I'm seeing this ridiculous amount of fail in some of these dungeons?

The first one I got into was Arcatraz.. yeah granted some of the enemies in there are seriously annoying and people get aggro while trying to skip fighting enemies... blah that was a fail.

Then I get a Black Morass that went OK.

Then a Second Black Morass and holy crap. Healers can't keep tanks alive, people insist on keeping bosses engaged so nobody can get back up, we *barely* won that dungeon with Medivh at some 50% shield left and 2 portals open while we just burned Aeonus down, just in time.

Black Morass is not hard. But somehow, a tank and healer failed to keep people alive during some of the trash waves, and I'm just going "... what the heck is going on here?"

Really wish Blizz hadn't put the weapons in TBC to be honest... I was originally thinking about getting 1-2 more characters up and buying them TBC Timewalking weapons because they are 320 when bought right off the vendor (which is way better than trying to find one through WQs), but oi.

Apparently plenty of other people hate TBC too because the queues are twice as long as Pandaria's TW was.

EDIT: Not trying to be elitist or anything, but c'mon, healers letting tanks drop dead on single trash pulls?
Trash was the worst in one of my 5 runs today. Tank taking 1/3 of his health a shot. I can only spam flash heal so much.

Not saying this was your issue or not, but as a healer myself, I know when a tank isn't using their defensives. Good thing the DPS in that run were on point.
11/13/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Lillyann
Trash was the worst in one of my 5 runs today. Tank taking 1/3 of his health a shot. I can only spam flash heal so much.

Not saying this was your issue or not, but as a healer myself, I know when a tank isn't using their defensives. Good thing the DPS in that run were on point.

That's why I kinda lump tank+heal together when the tank dies. It's one, or the other, or both and it's hard to tell which without some kind of parsing thing...

I don't really know which fault it was, I just know that when the tank drops dead on one elite+2-3 non-elites SOMETHING is going vastly wrong.

Though, if the tank is wearing any kind of modern gear, there's no way he should be dying on a Portal Keeper unless the healer had their fingers someplace fingers shouldn't be.
I'm going to have to go and do some Timealking to see what all of this fuss is about.
11/13/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Hirai

That's why I kinda lump tank+heal together when the tank dies. It's one, or the other, or both and it's hard to tell which without some kind of parsing thing...

I don't really know which fault it was, I just know that when the tank drops dead on one elite+2-3 non-elites SOMETHING is going vastly wrong.

Though, if the tank is wearing any kind of modern gear, there's no way he should be dying on a Portal Keeper unless the healer had their fingers someplace fingers shouldn't be.

In my group the tank did drop dead, and the rest of us 4 finished it off lol

The other 4 runs weren't bad, especially the last run. Great Bear tank there.
The Problem is that MOST do not know or even remember TBC , is all about Crowd Control. I see way to many who think they can steam roll right thru and fail every time. I had to walk a new tank thru the mobs in The Shattered Halls Cause that person was NOT killing the Shattered Hand Legionnaire and what happens when you DO NOT and kill one of the others?

When you kill one of his "squad members" on a pull, he will yell and summon another NPC to take his place. Before the first boss, he will summon non-elites. Anything after the first boss, he will summon elites. Yeah, not fun. They also run from really far away and pull other mobs too.

I was shaking my head in shame all day watching the wipes happen time after time.
First it was not having to walk back to the dungeon from the graveyard
Then it was checkpoints in dungeons
Then it was less mechanics on trash
Then it was less optional trash
Then just less trash in general
+ some other stuff i cant remember

The average modern player could think the timewalking was hard, but it was some of the easiest content back then. BC was the last expansion to have actually difficult dungeon mechanics. Wrath had SOME dungeons with real mechanics.
Then cata starting throwing it all out (besides heroics)

And now you get what we have now, just dumbed down stuff. At least outside of mythic+ its all very dumbed down.
thats to bad i planned to do some later
11/13/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Calska
I'm going to have to go and do some Timealking to see what all of this fuss is about.

Most definitely, jumping on my DH rn to see what's going on.
I hard stopped doing TW when they made them "harder" (in reality, not harder, just mind numbingly sloggey more time consuming)
I didn't find them that time-consuming when people aren't failing at the basics like "heal the tank", lol.

Stuff dies just as fast as it does in BfA dungeons or even when I did Pandaria TW.
well trash packs have a lot of casters in some places. was the only melee in the one i did earlier and pulls were just all mages casting into the healer with counter spell and mana burn and the tank was eating some nasty immolates.

nothing he could do really. i don't think expecting people to set up CC is realistic
Im glad I don't do timewalking lol.
11/13/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Softbottom
Im glad I don't do timewalking lol.

Well, it's the best way to get a decent weapon for a fresh 120 character, unless you want to spend 3 weeks+ grinding out WQs. Unless you get extremely lucky with an Emissary reward or something once you get an I-level high enough that it'd spit out a 320.

Or get carried into a raid or something but even then, Personal Loot on everything.
I went into tw shattered halls
I left when the tank depleted my entire mana bar after the first pull

That's because back in BC you didn't fight a full group of trash at once with the LOL AOE tactics of today. You CC'd half of it because they hit so hard. The remaining mobs were single targeted down because killing 1 of the 3 mobs hitting the tank cuts the damage they take by 1/3. Burning the first mob to lower tank damage while leaving 2+ cc'd was incredibly important and took a lot of pressure of the healer.

Generally if the tank dies early and yet the healer keeps everyone else alive its probably down to the tank. Its pretty sad when your blowing your cool downs keeping the tank alive, he dies and now your trying to keep the rogue, hunter pet, dps warrior or earth elemental alive and guess what its much easier then the "tank"

Overall in timewalking, Panderia is the easiest and cata is the hardest, but both shattered hall and arcatraz have mechanics that need to be paid attention to. I swear every arc run, tank be careful, hunter check for invisible mobs, bam tank run/charges and pulls entire room, we all die.
Are you a tank or healer? Just curious. I did Mana Tombs and the tank said they were hitting like dump trucks. If you are DPS, you really should not be whining about a role you aren’t fulfilling. Plus I’d say most people haven’t done any TBC dungeon in years. I know I haven’t. I don’t remember any mechanics. Honestly, what was even the point of your post? To show how Uber elite of a guy you are? Or to whine and call everyone that’s not you a noob? Next time you or anyone feels the need to hop on the forums to whine, don’t. Call your mom. She’s better suited to deal with you.

- A Noob

Edit: You are a ret paladin. lol Maybe you should tank or heal since you’re clearly better. ;)
Haven't done mine yet but I remember healing one when the dungeon was Cata. Tank was taking huge amounts of damage, was crazy. Yet he didn't have any rage so I was like "ok he's using something", keeping an eye on his buffs and no Ironfur, rage goes down still no Ironfur. Ok, so this guy is just spending all his rage on Maul whilst wondering why he's getting slapped around.
I mentioned it but it seemed to be ignored, looked at the buff duration at the end of the whole run, he had about 24s duration on Ironfur over the entire dungeon....

People need to remember that the dungeons of these expansions were designed differently to todays though. My favourite example is the final zone in End Time. The casters in those final packs do immense damage, they always have, something upwards of 60% health damage per cast, there are two of them in at least one pull, and 1-2 in the other can't remember exact.
Either way, they need to be CC'd or interrupted, no questions. The original strategy is generally CC one whilst zerging the other with interrupts. Once the first is dead you can either keep the other CC'd and finish the rest of the pack or hard swap to the other and kill it.

People just don't do this, then they wonder why they aren't succeeding, why their tank keeps dying, why they keep dying. You have to play around the design of the dungeon, you can't just faceroll AoE all content.
LFD and dungeon difficulty has not prepared players to adapt to the dungeons and adjust their play style.
something is wrong with the balance of the dungeons, i made a full premade, we are all old players, good enough to do AOTC without buying any rush, we are not newbies,and simple we are doing ok then out of no where, a trash mob kills the tank in 3 hits..... the tank is not newbie, arcatraz we simply gave up before the second boss.... simply not worth it taking forever to do that ..... in legion we did all the timewalking events just fine, now we became the dumbest players alive? all in discord, pulling slow and still.....
I can't cast heals as fast as the tank dies sometimes, i have to use spirit link totem, but what after that we need to wait 10 minutes after each trash pull so we can lust.