Wow this Timewalking thing really shows something..

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next
11/14/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Arryk
11/14/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Promess
Tbh yeah a lot of snowflakes crying about TBC H is hard....

Or people have been saying TW dungeons have been overtuned since the first round of scaling changes at the end of Legion, but, hey, don't let that stop you.

Incidentally, calling people "snowflake" comes from Fight Club, which, (and I know you don't know this) is actually a devastating critique of toxic masculinity, so, if you want to keep using that, bear in mind it reveals a lot about you.

Please dont use drugs, it makes you look stupid.
11/14/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Amyira
Blizzard does a poor job of teaching players the game and their classes too.

They leave it to the fan sites that often have conflicting information.

Blizzards stand point is 'I already got your money bro'

Why should Blizzard hold your hands more?
Can you not learn your class on your own through trial and error? Through critical thinking skills? I've been reading this entire thread for luls and it has been amazing all while not saying a single comment since page 6 was the last page but this just made me reply.
11/14/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Arryk
toxic masculinity

Oh no guize we have ourselves a soyboy in here.

Not you Soyboy you're cool.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

oh yeah, yeah. im sure its the scaling.

like today, when my friend was running and a boss one shot the tank. as they were running back, they asked my friend (hunter)- if he had tranq shot...

'cough'

I mean, your Hunter friend did, it's just not called Tranq Shot anymore, it's called Nether Shock now, or Sonic Blast, or something similar depending on your pet choice....

Not stating that is the reason the tank died, but the Hunter does have the tool they were describing.

so my hunter friend, has a SHOT choice, just worded differently- based on his PET selection?

do you even know what Tranq shot used to do? i say used to do, because it doesnt even EXIST anymore.

PS: just letting you know that i have mained a hunter since vanilla. most of all in BC.
so my hunter friend, has a SHOT choice, just worded differently- based on his PET choice?

do you even know what Trang shot used to do?

Moonblade! Did you read these past few pages? LOL.
Check other thread if not for direct gems.
(starting page 9)
Glad to see this post, I seriously had some issues with my 5 dungeons, but mostly with inexperienced tanks. I like the challenge of the dungeons, its like it used to be. My mage had to cc and interrupt regularly besides dpsing. It was fun. Did have some Bug Issues with the Black Moras tho, we had to restart then all was good.
11/14/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Melaned
so my hunter friend, has a SHOT choice, just worded differently- based on his PET choice?

do you even know what Trang shot used to do?

Moonblade! Did you read these past few pages? LOL.
Check other thread if not for direct gems.
(starting page 9)

i been trying but man..its not easy XD lol

i mean, i thought for sure that an old hunter would catch onto that fail but no one did and then someone replies like that?

but i will be nice and explain it to everyone-
what happened was, is that the boss enraged and one shot the tank lol. as they were running back to their bodies- someone asked my friend if he had Tranq shot...that removes rage/enraged. but it was removed before WoD! haha. it hasnt been in the game for over 3 years..to be specific- in WoD, it was turned into a glyph. Aka non ability and then completely removed in Legion.
oh and on the second encounter (same boss), the tank actually tanked. using what has probably gathered dust for so many years (defensive's etc) and did NOT get one shot the next time it enraged. amazing huh? lol

so, does anyone else wish to question if it is really the scaling or fail people? lol
11/14/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Moonblade
i been trying but man..its not easy XD lol

Oh I know rofl!
If you are a tank or a healer in this dungeons you can quickly stress out, they are a bit overtuned.

I did it as a DPS on this one, and I focus on dpsing, cc'ing and silencing and was not stressful at all.

In other words, Q as DPS, the wait time is worth it.

Turns out that going dps and doing the things people are failing to do works.

The shame is that you have to queue dps because you can't rely on others.

More people should listen to you.

11/14/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Moonblade

so my hunter friend, has a SHOT choice, just worded differently- based on his PET selection?

do you even know what Tranq shot used to do? i say used to do, because it doesnt even EXIST anymore.

PS: just letting you know that i have mained a hunter since vanilla. most of all in BC.

Ok, I'm not sure I understand your point. Tranq Shot removed enrage effects correct?

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=264264/nether-shock

Funnily enough Hunters still have the ability to remove Enrage effects. Available through pet choice.

So I guess your point is that you played Hunter in Vanilla and BC and now have no clue as to how they function.

11/14/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Melaned
11/14/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Amyira
Blizzard does a poor job of teaching players the game and their classes too.

They leave it to the fan sites that often have conflicting information.

Blizzards stand point is 'I already got your money bro'

Why should Blizzard hold your hands more?
Can you not learn your class on your own through trial and error? Through critical thinking skills? I've been reading this entire thread for luls and it has been amazing all while not saying a single comment since page 6 was the last page but this just made me reply.

They shouldn't have to hold your hand, but the content clearly allows people to not play optimally and still succeed. This caused disconnect with the system when all of a sudden they are faced with an issue that they can't beat with brute force.
Its because the burning crusade was all about crowd control back in the day. Yeah, you could aoe tank. But it was difficult. That's the problem now a days. Players, mostly tanks, think they can tank everything without worry. I can't wait to see there faces in classic wow though. They are in for a rude awakening.
Tanks not using defensives and taking hits to the back will do that.
Timewalking was harder on my BDK than Mythic 10+ dungeons.
You know, I read through a few pages, and I'd like to point out something:

People go "CC CC CC CC CC CC"

Um, some CC does not work on mobs that are already in combat and most CC has restrictions on what mobtypes you can CC.

My OP was about Black Morass.

You know, that instance where portals spawn, and the mobs that spawn from them are instantly in combat (which means you ain't gonna Sap it, not that you can Sap Dragonkin anyways) and you CAN'T CC them? And what if you have a group makeup that can't CC dragonkin? I mean you could have a DK as a tank, a warrior, a rogue, a shaman healer, and maybe something like a shadow priest or a 2nd warrior, mage, or something? Then what? You ain't CCing anything with that group setup.

EDIT: And even if you DID have a CC capable class in there, like a hunter (like I was playing at the time), you throw a freezing trap and 0.5s later either the tank or a DPS hits it with an AoE because every class has AoE baked into their rotation now, especially in Black Morass when the mobs spawn ontop of you as soon as they come out of the portals.
11/14/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Haavi
They shouldn't have to hold your hand, but the content clearly allows people to not play optimally and still succeed. This caused disconnect with the system when all of a sudden they are faced with an issue that they can't beat with brute force.

Then they should have maintained at least some form of basics within current content.
11/14/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Hirai
You know, that instance where portals spawn, and the mobs that spawn from them are instantly in combat (which means you ain't gonna Sap it, not that you can Sap Dragonkin anyways) and you CAN'T CC them? And what if you have a group makeup that can't CC dragonkin? I mean you could have a DK as a tank, a warrior, a rogue, a shaman healer, and maybe something like a shadow priest or a 2nd warrior, mage, or something? Then what? You ain't CCing anything with that group setup.

CC class. But.. as you said....

And even if you DID have a CC capable class in there, like a hunter (like I was playing at the time), you throw a freezing trap and 0.5s later either the tank or a DPS hits it with an AoE because every class has AoE baked into their rotation now, especially in Black Morass when the mobs spawn ontop of you as soon as they come out of the portals.

How about working together? lol.
Tell the tank "pull one to my trap then pull the rest away so aoe does not break trap".
OR you could tell the tank you are pulling one off as they pull and have a trap set by you away from the group and pull the mob into it as to not let it get aoe'd.
11/13/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Lecreaux
I'm still trying to grind my horde resto druid through these and it's rough. Something is changed. Tanks are taking a lot of damage regardless of their ilvl, and most are not adjusting to the difficulty.

The first series has been a pretty good forecast of the outcome. If the tank takes off while everyone is still zoning in, might as well just drop group and take the cooldown. Same if they start chain pulling when healer's mana is low.

We're back to fundamentals now on these.
You're gear doesn't matter. You're scaled down to a set level.

11/13/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Slappypappy
I want to say the scaling is off a bit because when I played TBC these dungeons didn't require much in the way of CC a few did but for the most part if you knew how to pull one pack at a time and new who needed to go down first or know LoS pull you didn't need to CC much if at all but for some reason you need to be all over CC in TW also some of these mobs are hitting like mack trucks.

Nah you needed cc even during burning crusade.
You know, I read through a few pages, and I'd like to point out something:

People go "CC CC CC CC CC CC"

Um, some CC does not work on mobs that are already in combat and most CC has restrictions on what mobtypes you can CC.

My OP was about Black Morass.

EDIT: And even if you DID have a CC capable class in there, like a hunter (like I was playing at the time), you throw a freezing trap and 0.5s later either the tank or a DPS hits it with an AoE because every class has AoE baked into their rotation now, especially in Black Morass when the mobs spawn ontop of you as soon as they come out of the portals.

Sheep. Trap.

And that's your groups fault for aoeing. Maybe pull the mobs back a ways for the engagement so you don't accidentally aoe the cc.
11/14/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Promess
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Or people have been saying TW dungeons have been overtuned since the first round of scaling changes at the end of Legion, but, hey, don't let that stop you.

Incidentally, calling people "snowflake" comes from Fight Club, which, (and I know you don't know this) is actually a devastating critique of toxic masculinity, so, if you want to keep using that, bear in mind it reveals a lot about you.

Please dont use drugs, it makes you look stupid.

Ahh so you didn't know where snowflake came from then, did you?
Black morass was litterly the only dungeon and heroic that didn't require crowd control. Everything else did. Yes there are mobs out there that can't be controlled. But we are talking about mobs that can be. Crowd control is your friend. Becuase I hope to God blizzard brings back those tactics of crowd control. Tired of this tank everything mind set.