Wow this Timewalking thing really shows something..

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 14 Next
11/13/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Brocknor
TW should be a fun romp down memory lane. Not a complete reminder of what it was ACTUALLY LIKE. I did that already. The current system is stupid.

Ok so it doesn't have to be so TOTALLY faceroll as it was, but it doesn't have to be as hard as it currently is, either. But if you're going to adjust that slider, it needs to be MUCH MUCH closer to the "faceroll" side. Like I said, it's old news. If you want a challenge, run a M+.

They are easier. If you want faceroll, go do a world quest.
Timewalks are generally harder because they are the only piece of content random players can queue for that they can't just out gear.

That said, time walking isnt hard. You scale to a level far above what was reasonable for the instance at the time. Making crowd control not necessary. And bosses before pandas don't even really have mechanics.

I don't like to say that average player skill has gone down, its likely stayed the same if not gone up. However knowlege of the pulls is invaluable. I've wiped a number of times because tanks dont know mob locactions and pull more then one group accidentally.

That said, Timewalking is my favorite week because it lets me big ###@*@#* around in 6 legendary items.
i just did the timewalk on an alt, alone without premade friends.... the buff from looking for group, 15% extra life, heal and damage makes all the difference... i believe blizzard took in account all azerite traits and those 15% bonus.... that's why it's so hard, lower level people and/or in a premade group, without those perks are almost too weak to do it..... i think.... and in my premade we had legendaries from legion, back from pandaria.... something is really off.
11/13/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Lillyann
Trash was the worst in one of my 5 runs today. Tank taking 1/3 of his health a shot. I can only spam flash heal so much.

Not saying this was your issue or not, but as a healer myself, I know when a tank isn't using their defensives. Good thing the DPS in that run were on point.
I to had the same issues as a healer tonight also
11/13/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Corlia
The Problem is that MOST do not know or even remember TBC , is all about Crowd Control. I see way to many who think they can steam roll right thru and fail every time. I had to walk a new tank thru the mobs in The Shattered Halls

11/13/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Pdn
First it was not having to walk back to the dungeon from the graveyard
Then it was checkpoints in dungeons
Then it was less mechanics on trash
Then it was less optional trash
Then just less trash in general
+ some other stuff i cant remember
Alot of players didn't play vanilla or tbc. The amount of people who played during that period gets lower as xpacs roll by. When you mix blizzard doing a poor job on dungeon mechanics and newer players. What do you expect to happen? Communication is the key here.
11/13/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Xaren
Edit: You are a ret paladin. lol Maybe you should tank or heal since you’re clearly better. ;)
Or he could try using his utility. You'd be surprised how many players don't use any utility. Even when they've talented into, very mind boogling to say the least.
I'm still trying to grind my horde resto druid through these and it's rough. Something is changed. Tanks are taking a lot of damage regardless of their ilvl, and most are not adjusting to the difficulty.

The first series has been a pretty good forecast of the outcome. If the tank takes off while everyone is still zoning in, might as well just drop group and take the cooldown. Same if they start chain pulling when healer's mana is low.

We're back to fundamentals now on these.
11/13/2018 07:27 PMPosted by Oomaila
Trash was the worst in one of my 5 runs today. Tank taking 1/3 of his health a shot. I can only spam flash heal so much.

Not saying this was your issue or not, but as a healer myself, I know when a tank isn't using their defensives. Good thing the DPS in that run were on point.
I to had the same issues as a healer tonight also

Bosses however, those were all an absolute joke.
To be fair, scaling is all over the place in Timewalking.
There also might be scaling issues, remember, this is first TBC Timewalking of BfA.
Same thing happened with first TBC and Wrath Timewalking during Legion.
It really show....how far I Grew.... this was top stuff I dread and working try to get better even Heroic version I was scared and do rarely when the daily say I need to do it....Now... it just a Tuesday....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVzAMmpMra8
11/13/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Xaren
Are you a tank or healer? Just curious. I did Mana Tombs and the tank said they were hitting like dump trucks. If you are DPS, you really should not be whining about a role you aren’t fulfilling. Plus I’d say most people haven’t done any TBC dungeon in years. I know I haven’t. I don’t remember any mechanics. Honestly, what was even the point of your post? To show how Uber elite of a guy you are? Or to whine and call everyone that’s not you a noob? Next time you or anyone feels the need to hop on the forums to whine, don’t. Call your mom. She’s better suited to deal with you.

- A Noob

Edit: You are a ret paladin. lol Maybe you should tank or heal since you’re clearly better. ;)

1). My Frost Mage cannot tank or heal.
2). I was complaining about healers letting tanks die and/or tanks not keeping themselves alive, because guess who dies immediately after the tank does? The healer. Guess who dies right after that? Me.
Mate, you are doing it wrong. Run m0s, if you don't get a weapon from any runs, your ilvl will be high enough to have more then a 320 weapon on the board. Also alliance warfront is a thing, why arent you spamming those, they fill slots every run except rings and trinks. At this very moment, it's stupid easy to take a fresh alt to 350 if your unlucky and 360+ if you're lucky. TW is the worst way to gear a character, its one of the reasons you're getting bads.

I don't know what you're smoking, but can I have some?

You're trying to tell me that I should take my 280-290 fresh 120s into m0, you know, where people are checking Raider.io? There's been threads here complaining about people checking Raider.io on m0. M-freaking-zero.

290 isn't even enough for Heroic, IIRC, let alone Mythic.

Getting a 320 weapon on a 290 fresh 120 is awesome. It really makes gearing up a lot easier. And it isn't just the 320 weapon, it's also a pair of trinkets, a cape, legs, and a belt. All 320. The moment you ding 120.
I want to say the scaling is off a bit because when I played TBC these dungeons didn't require much in the way of CC a few did but for the most part if you knew how to pull one pack at a time and new who needed to go down first or know LoS pull you didn't need to CC much if at all but for some reason you need to be all over CC in TW also some of these mobs are hitting like mack trucks.
11/13/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Slappypappy
I want to say the scaling is off a bit because when I played TBC these dungeons didn't require much in the way of CC a few did but for the most part if you knew how to pull one pack at a time and new who needed to go down first or know LoS pull you didn't need to CC much if at all but for some reason you need to be all over CC in TW also some of these mobs are hitting like mack trucks.

Maybe if you were raid-geared.

I remember when the end of TBC was coming, I was just getting into Karazhan with my Prot Warrior and I was in a newbie raiding guild at the time.

Yes... we very much did need CC. Nearly every pull, we'd CC the most dangerous enemy and pull the rest and then finish off the CC'd enemy. Every pull.

I remember all the saps and freezing traps.

I suppose if you were geared for BT or Funwell, then no you probably didn't need to CC the Heroic Dungeons, obviously not. But I don't think Timewalking is balanced around the assumption everybody's wearing Funwell/BT stuff.

Pretty soon they'll be removing active mitigation for tanks, if force disabling pet taunts in dungeon content is any indication. Teaching people how to play their class? That would actually take work and some creative design to implent, so it's not happening. Doing the laziest hack job possible is evidently the post-BFA bliztard way.

And so it would not in the least surprise me if they similarly lobotomized tanks to make groups tanked/healed by boost scrubs who dont know how to play their group role effectively less prone to catastrophic failure, at the expense of anyone involved actually learning how to play better.
Honestly timewalking scaling is incredibly busted right now. I tried to do an Arcatraz on my paladin and the protean creatures at the start were shredding me for over 2k armor. Scaled down my tank had 500 armor + another 500 from shield of the righteous, which still left me at 0 armor. Most of the mobs even with my 20% damage reduction CD were still hitting for 1/5 of my hp bar.

So before you blame tanks saying they're not using defensives properly, maybe consider that blizzard just dropped the ball on balancing their stat squish.
11/13/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Curzè
Or he could try using his utility. You'd be surprised how many players don't use any utility. Even when they've talented into, very mind boogling to say the least.
I think I've seen one ret paladin using HoP when healing aggro happened on my priest once, and I swear I almost cried.
11/13/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Namari

So before you blame tanks saying they're not using defensives properly, maybe consider that blizzard just dropped the ball on balancing their stat squish.

Except that the dungeon I was doing was Black Morass, and I had just done a Black Morass an hour prior and that tank+healer didn't have any issues staying alive whatsoever 'cept for the second boss where the tank hovered at 50% health for most of the fight.

The 2nd Black Morass run, the tank died on a Portal Keeper with 1-2 non-elite adds there.
11/13/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Fendris
I went into tw shattered halls
I left when the tank depleted my entire mana bar after the first pull

Okay, I tanked a few TW's today, and I can say that the mobs hit INSANELY hard for some reason. I was using my IB's properly and everything, but I literally was having to use FB and ZM on trash mobs, it was nuts.
11/13/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Hirai
So this month's Timewalking is TBC, and wow...

We can see just how bad the average players have gotten. Your level and i-level are scaled down to fit the content, so there's no question of being undergeared (unless you are wearing something 51+ levels out of date), so how is it that I'm seeing this ridiculous amount of fail in some of these dungeons?

The first one I got into was Arcatraz.. yeah granted some of the enemies in there are seriously annoying and people get aggro while trying to skip fighting enemies... blah that was a fail.

Then I get a Black Morass that went OK.

Then a Second Black Morass and holy crap. Healers can't keep tanks alive, people insist on keeping bosses engaged so nobody can get back up, we *barely* won that dungeon with Medivh at some 50% shield left and 2 portals open while we just burned Aeonus down, just in time.

Black Morass is not hard. But somehow, a tank and healer failed to keep people alive during some of the trash waves, and I'm just going "... what the heck is going on here?"

Really wish Blizz hadn't put the weapons in TBC to be honest... I was originally thinking about getting 1-2 more characters up and buying them TBC Timewalking weapons because they are 320 when bought right off the vendor (which is way better than trying to find one through WQs), but oi.

Apparently plenty of other people hate TBC too because the queues are twice as long as Pandaria's TW was.

EDIT: Not trying to be elitist or anything, but c'mon, healers letting tanks drop dead on single trash pulls?

Isn't it amazing how everyone but you forgot how to play when 7.3.5 was implemented?