Wow this Timewalking thing really shows something..

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 14 Next
11/13/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes

Isn't it amazing how everyone but you forgot how to play when 7.3.5 was implemented?

Last I checked, a group is 5 people.

The tank, healer, or both failed.

Last I checked, 5-2=3.

So 3-4 people were doing fine. Sadly, one of the ones who were failing happened to be the tank or healer and that wipes the whole group.
Legion legendaries work, use those and its alot easier.
These are over tuned. Grats on having no self awareness though. Obviously they aren't hard for a dps. The fact they're going wrong should tell you something though.
11/13/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Corlia
The Problem is that MOST do not know or even remember TBC , is all about Crowd Control. I see way to many who think they can steam roll right thru and fail every time. I had to walk a new tank thru the mobs in The Shattered Halls Cause that person was NOT killing the Shattered Hand Legionnaire and what happens when you DO NOT and kill one of the others?

When you kill one of his "squad members" on a pull, he will yell and summon another NPC to take his place. Before the first boss, he will summon non-elites. Anything after the first boss, he will summon elites. Yeah, not fun. They also run from really far away and pull other mobs too.

I was shaking my head in shame all day watching the wipes happen time after time.

No. A boss chunking over 50% health in one hit has nothing to do with CC...
11/13/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Rotraz
11/13/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Lillyann
Trash was the worst in one of my 5 runs today. Tank taking 1/3 of his health a shot. I can only spam flash heal so much.

That's because back in BC you didn't fight a full group of trash at once with the LOL AOE tactics of today. You CC'd half of it because they hit so hard. The remaining mobs were single targeted down because killing 1 of the 3 mobs hitting the tank cuts the damage they take by 1/3. Burning the first mob to lower tank damage while leaving 2+ cc'd was incredibly important and took a lot of pressure of the healer.

With the lack of kits most classes and specs have today, compared to the amount of CC every class/spec had back in BC, you should cut some of them a bit of slack.

I mean ones who will listen to you that is. But back in BC, those heroics were hard,(1-hour+ Shadow Labs runs "Time to play games") they were content meant to gear up for regular ole Kara, plus some crafted gear. It took me full on dungeon set plus some crafted mooncloth gear to get my healing power to 3000 back then before i could even step foot in Kara on my holy priest.

With the squish, and the total lack of balance in the old dungeons, because they can not tune the scaling worth a beans, its so not worth the time at all running TW now. I can live without everything they offer.

As for weapons, i walked through the portal to Arathi last night after dinging 120 at 9pm, i was 325 geared when i went back through. Got a 375 head from Lord, a 340 wand, and a 340 offhand from rares.

Alls you got to do is wait it out if its just an alt. TW is just not worth it. If they can not bother to fix it, i will not bother to participate.
11/13/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Mate
That's why I kinda lump tank+heal together when the tank dies. It's one, or the other, or both and it's hard to tell which without some kind of parsing thing...

Generally if the tank dies early and yet the healer keeps everyone else alive its probably down to the tank. Its pretty sad when your blowing your cool downs keeping the tank alive, he dies and now your trying to keep the rogue, hunter pet, dps warrior or earth elemental alive and guess what its much easier then the "tank"

Overall in timewalking, Panderia is the easiest and cata is the hardest, but both shattered hall and arcatraz have mechanics that need to be paid attention to. I swear every arc run, tank be careful, hunter check for invisible mobs, bam tank run/charges and pulls entire room, we all die.

You have 23k achievement points and don't understand that when the tank dies and stuff gets cleared it's because the stuff was lower hp than when pulled?
11/13/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Hirai
Mate, you are doing it wrong. Run m0s, if you don't get a weapon from any runs, your ilvl will be high enough to have more then a 320 weapon on the board. Also alliance warfront is a thing, why arent you spamming those, they fill slots every run except rings and trinks. At this very moment, it's stupid easy to take a fresh alt to 350 if your unlucky and 360+ if you're lucky. TW is the worst way to gear a character, its one of the reasons you're getting bads.

I don't know what you're smoking, but can I have some?

You're trying to tell me that I should take my 280-290 fresh 120s into m0, you know, where people are checking Raider.io? There's been threads here complaining about people checking Raider.io on m0. M-freaking-zero.

290 isn't even enough for Heroic, IIRC, let alone Mythic.

Getting a 320 weapon on a 290 fresh 120 is awesome. It really makes gearing up a lot easier. And it isn't just the 320 weapon, it's also a pair of trinkets, a cape, legs, and a belt. All 320. The moment you ding 120.

Idk how bad you are. But damn, if you think tanking prot pally m0s at 270 ilvl is hard then you're straight bad. A lot of us did it at the beginning of the xpac. It's only gotten easier with a lot of randos at 340-350 still running m0s. Even running as a dps, make your own group.
Tuure was OP on the first few Legion TW events and i could 4 shot bosses with a proc of my artifact. We now see the opposite end of the spectrum in balance. Anybody who thinks these BC dungeons are balanced properly needs to look at the patch notes in the coming days that nerf this stuff.
11/13/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Bobbydígital
well trash packs have a lot of casters in some places. was the only melee in the one i did earlier and pulls were just all mages casting into the healer with counter spell and mana burn and the tank was eating some nasty immolates.

nothing he could do really. i don't think expecting people to set up CC is realistic

Never had to LOS pull as a tank? Or maybe the BE just got used to the aoe interrupt and are handicap now?
js, but this isn't news if you've been playing since the beginning of the year. blizzard messed with the scaling when allied races became playable upon bfa pre orders. it was worse but tw got its tweaks and fixes. however, it will never be like it was pre-2018 where tw was ridiculously easy.

ofc if you returned to wow recently then ya it's news xD. tw is a challenge, which is good; but, it's also slower. and like many have already said, most aren't used to being more careful and paying attention in tw...and maybe also don't want to cuz it makes the run slow.
These dungeons were far easier in BC than they are today in BC timewalking.
I did my 5 earlier as a healer and they weren't that bad as long as you didn't accidentally pull an additional group (Shattered Halls and Arcatraz are bad for this).

It's always fun to watch people kill themselves on the big void walker boss in Mana Tombs.

I did notice that there were A LOT of mobs that had mortal strike mechanics that made healing a bit tricky. Also the second boss in Black Morass has a stacking healing debuff that would have killed our tank if he didn't bubble it, I'm sure there's some way of dealing with it other than hoping you have a pally tank.
11/13/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Contesta

Idk how bad you are. But damn, if you think tanking prot pally m0s at 270 ilvl is hard then you're straight bad. A lot of us did it at the beginning of the xpac. It's only gotten easier with a lot of randos at 340-350 still running m0s. Even running as a dps, make your own group.

Ah yes, "that guy" who thinks m0 is "easy" with quested greens, when Heroics require a bit higher than that.

Heck, *Warfronts* require 320. And you think people who just dinged 120 and are still in 280 quested gear should jump straight into Mythic? lol.

Ok dude whatever.
11/13/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Hirai
Well, it's the best way to get a decent weapon for a fresh 120 character, unless you want to spend 3 weeks+ grinding out WQs.

Pffft...craft a 310 or buy one. It's all you, no wipes involved and just work on raising your other gear levels, run stuff for azertite to crank up your necklace, get to 320 then spam warfronts.
11/13/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Kineological

I highly doubt it. I'll see myself tomorrow, don't have time tonight.
11/13/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Teneea
11/13/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Kineological

I highly doubt it. I'll see myself tomorrow, don't have time tonight.
Why do you doubt it when you have multiple people in the thread stating exactly that?

Tanks did not get 2 shot by bosses in BC, they can now. Apply that kind of scaling to all trash and bosses. Expected outcome = ?
11/13/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Kineological
Tanks did not get 2 shot by bosses in BC, they can now. Apply that kind of scaling to all trash and bosses. Expected outcome = ?

I dunno, I remember trying out healing in Pandaria and I hated how a tank went from 100% to 60% in like the amount of time I could cast a heal, and then they went from 80% to 40% and I'm like "I'm spamming FAST heals... and it's eating my mana, how the *bleeep* are you supposed to do this, anyways?"

I've not tried it in Legion or BfA, but yet again, where can I actually go to actually learn how to heal without the tank dropping dead on me while I try to figure out how to actually do it and get muscle memory going? At least with tanking, you can practice tanking solo.... can't do that with healing so much.

I'm actually rather decent at healing in XIV but then again, that game gives you time to practice, that game has a sensible learning curve, the very first dungeon is so easy you can't possibly fail unless you try to fail, and it builds up to the latest dungeons that are actually rather challenging if people aren't doing things right.
11/13/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Talunz
TW simply isn't worth the time needed to complete them. Sure you can make them much easier by CCing and focus firing but that doesn't make them fast. They take far longer than a heroic dungeon in current content even with a group that only has Ilvl appropriate gear.

Just not worth the time

So, you’re not up to the challenge. No big, but funny listening to all these whiners who don’t want to actually play the game. What are you paying for if you don’t want a challenge?
11/13/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Hirai

Last I checked, 5-2=3.

So 3-4 people were doing fine. Sadly, one of the ones who were failing happened to be the tank or healer and that wipes the whole group.

If the dps weren't minimizing the damage by using CC then you can't place all the blame on the healer and/or the tank.

Abstract idea from most but everyone in the group is responsible for the success of the dungeon. That includes tank survivability.

11/13/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Hirai

Ah yes, "that guy" who thinks m0 is "easy" with quested greens, when Heroics require a bit higher than that.

Heck, *Warfronts* require 320. And you think people who just dinged 120 and are still in 280 quested gear should jump straight into Mythic? lol.

Ok dude whatever.

I tanked Atal'Dazar on my DH at 289, granted my friend was healing who was reasonably overgeared for the content lol.
Mythic content is appropriate for about 305 ilvl when done correctly. Internally it was actually balanced around having 295 ilvl and providing a challenge (as mythic is supposed to)
11/13/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Hirai
11/13/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes

Isn't it amazing how everyone but you forgot how to play when 7.3.5 was implemented?

Last I checked, 5-2=3.

Everybody failed but you, according to your own words. The average player suddenly got really bad at the game when 7.3.5 happened.

I think that means you won the game. Gratz!