Wow this Timewalking thing really shows something..

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 14 Next
Shade of Akama is definitely tuned wrong. Everything goes fine until the final phase. Then Akama dies in about ten seconds. You can't taunt Shade off, you can't heal Akama. It's a massive burst DPS window that definitely did not exist in the original fight.

There is no way they did quality assurance for any of this content.
Just got Arcatraz. Didn't have any problem with the mechs like people have said -- the lightning outranges like it's supposed to.

But dear sweet lord everything in there hits like a truck. The eredar leading up to the double boss room were smacking me for almost half my health bar. I remember the trash hitting hard, but not "twoshot with autoattacks through full defensives" hard.

11/13/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Sacarver
i heard black morass is overtuned for some reason, its not an IQ issue

It's 100% an IQ issue. You're probably seeing people die to Temporus either because people start shooting before the tank has aggro (untauntable) or nobody's purging his haste. Even then the haste is survivable with defensives if you have no purges on hand -- our shammy missed the first two, and I got a bit nervous but had the buttons to spare. Nothing else in there was particularly threatening as long as you keep the tank topped off ahead of time so he doesn't eat dirt when he gets stunned or time stopped.
i just want my damn demon hunter to be able to transmog my warglaives of azzinoth. I already did timewalking BT in the first week it was out, I've completed the criteria. Why on earth does it matter what order I did them? Why does every single thing in this game have to be RNG? Why am I being punished for having bad luck? Is the bad luck itself not punishment enough?
11/14/2018 12:00 AMPosted by Kalyeatrish
There are issues with tuning and balance. These dungeons were designed when we had more utility and CC didn't pull everything around it. There's also issues with some azerite traits. The laser one on my DK kept pulling the whole room every time it went off. I had to literally stand in the corner on some rooms and wait until we were down to 1-2 packs just to keep from pulling everything. Things are just messy right now.

That’s 100% false. In BC you couldn’t CC without pulling everything so you had to coordinate the mage/hunter with the tank on the pull if you wanted hard CC.

There was no such thing as an AOE stun and hardly anyone had a single target stun either.

Or defensive CDs. Warrior shield wall was in a 30 minute (!) CD! No dps or healer had a defensive CD except for pain suppression and no priests were that far down disc tree.

Even with all the pruned abilities now,our in combat CC and ability to lock down while groups of mobs is far superior than it was back then. AOE stuns, slows, leaps, mobility in general, amazing defensive CDs On every group member especially healers and tanks.

If you can’t tear BC timewalking dungeons a new one you’re playing badly.
^ Pretty much this. Plenty of times I'd pull a pack of casters and decide to just eff up all their castbars with an AOE disorient, followed by an AOE knockback. Even got to typhoon-kite an overpull once.

That !@#$ was just not possible in BC. Even after being pruned, we've just got so many big guns to point at stuff that didn't exist back in the day. Even holding aggro is embarrassingly easier than it used to be.
11/13/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Áysha
TBC TW scaling is really off.
Tanks we're getting 2 shot by mobs while bosses didn't even touch their health.

oh yeah, yeah. im sure its the scaling.

like today, when my friend was running and a boss one shot the tank. as they were running back, they asked my friend (hunter)- if he had tranq shot...

'cough'
11/13/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Wranxine
something is wrong with the balance of the dungeons, i made a full premade, we are all old players, good enough to do AOTC without buying any rush, we are not newbies,and simple we are doing ok then out of no where, a trash mob kills the tank in 3 hits..... the tank is not newbie, arcatraz we simply gave up before the second boss.... simply not worth it taking forever to do that ..... in legion we did all the timewalking events just fine, now we became the dumbest players alive? all in discord, pulling slow and still.....
I can't cast heals as fast as the tank dies sometimes, i have to use spirit link totem, but what after that we need to wait 10 minutes after each trash pull so we can lust.

the first excuse people pull out of their behind, is balance and if that doesnt work- its onto blaming someone else (healer etc). vanilla and bc dungeons, required heavy CC. sheeping, freeze trapping, rogue stealth and stun lock etc etc etc.

i find it amusing that, apparently vanilla and bc was the easiest, a piece of cake to hard core raiders but you cant even use CC correctly.

Ahaha. Ah, karma.
timewalking needs to be scaled down a bit in difficulty, more forgiving

just another time sink that doesn't need to be so tedious
The biggest thing that hit me when I started running the timewalking dungeons is how many of the newer players are simply not used to dungeons where so many various mechanics are used. It seems like very often the groups will go in thinking it is just a matter of dpsing your way through, and so many of the older dungeons were not like that, you had to remember what methods to use on different bosses, and even different mobs.

It is sort of sad to realize how dumbed down the dungeons became during MoP and moving forward, but I guess I understand why Blizzard did it. In an age where people are not so prone to be willing to invest in huge blocks of time in game, the faster, more simplified dungeons were the way to go.

But it also makes me glad that I remember running most of those older dungeons when they were new, and remember the tactics you had to use to get through them. Sometimes it helps if I am with a group of newer players and I can give them a tip or two.
11/13/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Lillyann
11/13/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Áysha
TBC TW scaling is really off.
Tanks we're getting 2 shot by mobs while bosses didn't even touch their health.

This is exactly what I was seeing. The bosses were all a total joke.

The red circle on first boss in shattered halls still hurts, both tank and a dps stood in it till dead.

With the Legionaire enraged because once again dps has killed other mobs first the tank was taking losing 1/3 of his hp per second. Given my heals non crit are around 20% of his hp that tended to kill him.
They killed TW in 7.3.5. That patch way overtuned mob health in all TW and its felt like an unrewarding slog ever since.

I hate scaling with a passion. Most of the problems I have come from that crap scaling. I wish scaling was never introduced into wow.
11/14/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Ryuk
They killed TW in 7.3.5. That patch way overtuned mob health in all TW and its felt like an unrewarding slog ever since.

I hate scaling with a passion. Most of the problems I have come from that crap scaling. I wish scaling was never introduced into wow.

I do agree with you on the scaling. At first I thought it was a good idea, but the more I have to deal with it in various situations, the less I like it.
11/13/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Zarles
Average Player: WHAT’S AN INTERRUPT LOL

I went through this during the WOD era lol.

I improved immensely by the end of WOD and through out Legion.
TW isn't hard, people just seem to forget how dungeons used to be, people used to not using there CC, interrupts, CDs on trash.

The average player population is garbage, it's not an opinion, it's an objective fact as shown by the performance shown in TW, content designed to be accessible to the more casual player base.

Basically, what we're seeing now, is what happens when the casual playerbase has to deal with something that isn't completely braindead.
Boys i just did the 5 needed for the quest and i gotta say as a tank i was getting slammed pretty hard. Every CD was abused and used and it was more than a real challenge to the healers i had a great one stick it out with me for 3 of them before we called it quits last night. ilvl 73 scaling with 14k health and getting hit for 2k per hit per mob yeah they were eating my bear like no other. It was more of a challenge than mythic dgs on release with everyone in crap gear.
Surely this must be because of raid finder.
11/14/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Moonblade
11/13/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Wranxine
something is wrong with the balance of the dungeons, i made a full premade, we are all old players, good enough to do AOTC without buying any rush, we are not newbies,and simple we are doing ok then out of no where, a trash mob kills the tank in 3 hits..... the tank is not newbie, arcatraz we simply gave up before the second boss.... simply not worth it taking forever to do that ..... in legion we did all the timewalking events just fine, now we became the dumbest players alive? all in discord, pulling slow and still.....
I can't cast heals as fast as the tank dies sometimes, i have to use spirit link totem, but what after that we need to wait 10 minutes after each trash pull so we can lust.

the first excuse people pull out of their behind, is balance and if that doesnt work- its onto blaming someone else (healer etc). vanilla and bc dungeons, required heavy CC. sheeping, freeze trapping, rogue stealth and stun lock etc etc etc.

i find it amusing that, apparently vanilla and bc was the easiest, a piece of cake to hard core raiders but you cant even use CC correctly.

Ahaha. Ah, karma.

I wouldn't consider aotc hardcore, a lot of hot garbage players get aotc and wave it around.

I don't have aotc, instead i opted out of the ghuun kill because I would have rather slept.

Then went straight to mythic the week after and 3/8.

To this day, still no aotc, still don't care, somebody wants in our group and tries to wave the achievement, I just check logs, and then decide on who I want.

Wish wow had an in game WCL system just to truly have a real basis on the actual skill of the players in the group.
11/13/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Hirai
11/13/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Slappypappy
I want to say the scaling is off a bit because when I played TBC these dungeons didn't require much in the way of CC a few did but for the most part if you knew how to pull one pack at a time and new who needed to go down first or know LoS pull you didn't need to CC much if at all but for some reason you need to be all over CC in TW also some of these mobs are hitting like mack trucks.

Maybe if you were raid-geared.

I remember when the end of TBC was coming, I was just getting into Karazhan with my Prot Warrior and I was in a newbie raiding guild at the time.

Yes... we very much did need CC. Nearly every pull, we'd CC the most dangerous enemy and pull the rest and then finish off the CC'd enemy. Every pull.

I remember all the saps and freezing traps.

I suppose if you were geared for BT or Funwell, then no you probably didn't need to CC the Heroic Dungeons, obviously not. But I don't think Timewalking is balanced around the assumption everybody's wearing Funwell/BT stuff.

Kara was technically a raid but im talking about 5 mans the only 5 man I ran back then that you just about "HAD" to use CC unless you were outgeared was that princess chick in magistar Terrance. the only other time was to stop mobs that would run away. All through BC I pally tanked and never really relied on CC and healing wasn't ever so heavy as it is in TW right now.