Wow this Timewalking thing really shows something..

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 14 Next
11/14/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Gávilar
Surely this must be because of raid finder.
While I'm sure you are joking, this statement is partially accurate, as LFR has reinforced the idea of everybody is a winner, even if they are complete trash.
Normally I don't bother with TW becuase I didn't do dungeons until Legion. But I do remember doing some of the BC ones back when it launched, so maybe I should give it a try.

Overall, though, you just have to remember that a lot of current players don't know the dungeons at all. I thought TW was mostly for friends/guildies to work on because of that... you PuG it at your own (higher) risk than current dungeons.
During BC we did dungeons 3 man, a warlock, a hunter, and a paladin. We did aoe runs and never had much trouble. There were learning deaths but after a plan it wasn't an issue, and at the time I was on dial up internet, so there was only text communication and slow reaction times. And we still did it. And it was fun!

However, wow has been patched many times and whole systems/specs have been redesigned several expansions, so much of what we had then has been nerfed, adjusted, redesigned, removed or replaced, and the stat squish always makes a bit of a mess. So if your group hasn't seen it and know what to do, you'll get to watch people panic and drop fast, if you know what to do, it's still painful sometimes just for the wild moments of massive damage.

The point is that new people don't know what the mobs are gonna do and prepare for it, while the whole system has been rebuilt several times and makes what worked them not matter. I think blizz needs to fix some mechanics, but also people should remember time walking ISN'T the current expansion so it's not going to be the same as it used to be.

I think some mobs are overtuned, personally.
Mobs hit hard in shattered halls. Felt like I was doing mythic plus as a healer. Large spikes of damage, need to pay attention to keep everyone alive.

DO NOT NERF, I'M HAVING FUN.
11/14/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Chaoself
During BC we did dungeons 3 man, a warlock, a hunter, and a paladin. We did aoe runs and never had much trouble. There were learning deaths but after a plan it wasn't an issue, and at the time I was on dial up internet, so there was only text communication and slow reaction times. And we still did it. And it was fun!

However, wow has been patched many times and whole systems/specs have been redesigned several expansions, so much of what we had then has been nerfed, adjusted, redesigned, removed or replaced, and the stat squish always makes a bit of a mess. So if your group hasn't seen it and know what to do, you'll get to watch people panic and drop fast, if you know what to do, it's still painful sometimes just for the wild moments of massive damage.

The point is that new people don't know what the mobs are gonna do and prepare for it, while the whole system has been rebuilt several times and makes what worked them not matter. I think blizz needs to fix some mechanics, but also people should remember time walking ISN'T the current expansion so it's not going to be the same as it used to be.

I think some mobs are overtuned, personally.

This right here!

I been running with the same group of 5 since the launch of TBC so its the same set up then as it is now. Im the tank, same healer, same 3 dps all the same classes as back when we did BC. You can feel the difference even my healer said she never had to blow so many strong healing spells on me like she does now. However with that said knowing the fights and the area is a huge advantage as I know what mobs run away, or we remember ya this dude has to go down first and stuff like that making it a bit easier we had to adjust our gameplan a bit but all and all we got it done with little to no troubles. Yes the mobs are scaled a bit off however if its not your first time in these instances its not a deal breaker and its not something that cant be done as you can adjust on the fly, I do however see it an issue for those who never played BC or did those instances.
The only BC tw I actually loathe is Mana Tombs. Reason being, I feel like I'm in an arena match in that dungeon, constantly silenced, stunned, poly'd, cs'd. That one keeps me on my toes as a healer the most.

Other than that, I enjoy tw when it rolls around. Cata is my favourite one. I feel like they give a nice challenge I can look forward to about twice a month.
Because 90% of those playing weren’t even born when BC was current content. Especially if you’re trying to play during the day on a weekday. The adults are at work.
Blizz has made BFA so dumbed down that people don’t know, use or remember CC. I’m constantly telling people In TW hey hunter use your flare, hey mage polymorp that one. Rogue let’s stealth. I miss the original burning crusade because you had to think to progress. In BfA you faceroll.
This is all a result of making the World of Wacraft an easier game to play in it's live state. It lowers the IQ bar so that anyone can do it. Unfortunately this also means that when we get Timewalking and you have to go back to harder levels of difficulty that people are overwhelmed by. Also there could be tuning issues but it's mainly about the current average skill level of the community as a whole... which is terribly low.
Nah definitely just bad tuning. Did the raid last night and it was hilarious. Some of the bosses that should have been hard were complete jokes and meanwhile trash would just wipe the floor with you. Never mind all the bugs.
Crowd Control.

Thats the big thing. There are a lot of mobs, and they are linked, and they usually do something like fear you into more mobs.

Divide and Conquer.

Sap. Repent. Banish. Trap. Freeze. Stun. Blind.

Win.

See that guy in the dress with the name "something something PRIEST"?

Yeah...kill that guy first.

See those other guys in dresses hanging back casting spells? They look pretty squishy too, and those spells hurt. Maybe you should shut them up?

Oh look! That big scary thing is doing something...weird. I don't know what it is but it appears to be healing because its standing next to that weird thing it did. Maybe we should lure it away from the thing that is healing it?

Wow this boss fight is going easy! We are just bashing away on this lonely....oh wait, he summoned friends....who are going right for the healer. No worries, right....the tank can get them. He can take all that extra pain, right? The healer should have no problem keeping the tank alive through that prison yard beating...right?

Wrong.

Kill the adds.

Oh...and are you a Vanilla OG big-peen who lived and breathed these timewalking dungeons before these legion noobs were even born?

We don't care. Stay behind the tank and don't do jack except cc till the tank has full aggro control. We don't care how bored you are going through it all again at a noobs pace, you queued for it. Accept that you are along for the ride and do your job.
I did them last night on my warlock alt. They honestly weren't too bad. The first one probably got BC a little too right because I had to watch my threat closely. I really missed Soulshatter for that one. The second one our tank went down like a night elf in Goldshire because he ran off before the healer zoned in. The ones past that were all good though.

Too be fair though I had on a partial timewalking set and that MoP cloak is stupid OP. Things just melted.

I'll probably do them this weekend healing on Kipery. Again, I have a fair timewalking set including the Ulduar legendary mace. Bubbles for everyone!

Edit: I really hope they aren't tuning them for people like me who gather sets like this. They shouldn't be required for a smooth run.
But most players were bad in vanilla/tbc too...including me before someone gave me some tips.

There’s never been a time where the majority of the player base were great.

Ps. Ccing and killing 1-2 at a time is boring.

PPS. Pretty sure all dengeons were eventually over geared and aoed. I certainly don’t remember anything being too painful except start of expansions.
11/14/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Adorbs
But most players were bad in vanilla/tbc too...including me before someone gave me some tips.

There’s never been a time where the majority of the player base were great.

Ps. Ccing and killing 1-2 at a time is boring.

PPS. Pretty sure all dengeons were eventually over geared and aoed. I certainly don’t remember anything being too painful except start of expansions.

Funny because raider.io says you’re still bad.
I had a fair bit of Kara gear on my Paladin before AoE tanking these. Those were all guild runs with similarly geared dps and heals. Dps usually had at least one mage or lock. We definitely cc'd trash and interrupted casters.

The secret to beating BM is to make portal noises on voice chat when they spawn.
It's sad we live in a society
I ran every heroic every night in BC. They chose some difficult ones. People in BC hated magisters and arcatraz. I hope they don’t tune this stuff to be easier. Timewalking isn’t required to progress your toon so just leave it alone for the real BC players who want some semblance of an accurate experience.
The dungeons then required CC and people don’t do that anymore. My warrior was getting smacked around like no ones business. The trash hits hard.

Luckily I had some healers with grit and people who knew how to b Rez. It was a bit refreshing to play with people who were ok with dying a time or two in a dungeon. I enjoy it personally.

I wish current dungeon design was the same. I remember when cata first came out. The dungeons required a little strat until the masses complained about it.

Oh well, a different time.
If you REALLY want to rage out, Inspect the tanks and healers. Half of the runs I've done on various toons had healers with str gear, plate tanks in int heirlooms, etc etc. Then having the audacity to complain about everyone else. Timewalking isn't worth the trouble.
I tank that stuff I don't care. If people leave my group I don't care. I just....... Ignore pain.