Cross realm and Mythic Lockout

General Discussion
I know this occurred in Legion, but I am curious on the point of a Mythic Raid ID and allowing cross realms. If the purpose is to fill missing slots then it makes it really hard for the raid to find people as either they have to have your ID (which they probably won’t ), or willing to start where you are at vs. loosing out at doing earlier bosses. Also those who would be happy to help also won’t be able to jump into other peoples pugs as they are either locked to another attempt or don’t want to risk not getting anything.

If loot is the problem (multiple attempts at same boss) we only have two coins now so chances are that you can not still get the item that you want for doing the same boss over and over.

If it is for progression, doesn’t hall of fame already deal with that? Once cross realm occurs it no longer really matters. Also, chances are pugs still won’t be able to do the last couple of bosses due to coordination and gold sales go on now for mythic even without cross realm.

It just seems overly punishing for no reason.
11/14/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Rosencrantes
If it is for progression, doesn’t hall of fame already deal with that? Once cross realm occurs it no longer really matters.

Thousands of guilds progress through Mythic, not for the hall of fame but for Cutting Edge or just the accomplishment of getting as far as they can. Why would it stop mattering after the first 100?

Anyway, the most sensible purpose for cross-realm Mythic is for guilds on under-populated realms to recruit and/or trial new members from a wider pool. They're probably looking for people willing to commit to the group, same as before Mythic was cross-realm.
11/14/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Tetsubin
11/14/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Rosencrantes
If it is for progression, doesn’t hall of fame already deal with that? Once cross realm occurs it no longer really matters.

Thousands of guilds progress through Mythic, not for the hall of fame but for Cutting Edge or just the accomplishment of getting as far as they can. Why would it stop mattering after the first 100?

Anyway, the most sensible purpose for cross-realm Mythic is for guilds on under-populated realms to recruit and/or trial new members from a wider pool. They're probably looking for people willing to commit to the group, same as before Mythic was cross-realm.

Which goes to my first point in that it over limits there ability to find those players. Also removing the ID doesn’t impact those guilds who want to progress. In theory a cross realm pug right now could be further along than a guild group.
11/14/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Rosencrantes
11/14/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Tetsubin

Which goes to my first point in that it over limits there ability to find those players. Also removing the ID doesn’t impact those guilds who want to progress. In theory a cross realm pug right now could be further along than a guild group.

If you're looking to find a player who will commit to the team, the current lockout system doesn't limit that. The people it limits are people looking to hop from group to group and/or stranger pug it. This is probably by design.

Mythic is intended for organized guild groups. I guess I don't see the point in making a third pug mode then we already have Normal and Heroic.
Because why join a guild amirite?
I have no problem with it being guild focused and even if the ID was removed I do not think, based on how hard the fights are it would be puggable.

I just have not seen the cross realm tool used as a recruiting feature, does not mean it does not happen. From my experience it has usually been used as a Tim our healer is sick and won’t make raid. Let’s pick one up so that the other 19 can still raid tonight. They are not trying to replace Tim they just want to keep raiding. This is inhibited by the raid ID due to the above mentioned reasons.

My thing is what is the point of cross realms? Is it supposed to be bandaid for recruiting? If so it limits who you can recruit as they are saved to your is and could “steal it”. Also it is not being used that way. There are other things that could be done to help with this as well such as us tweaks to the guild recruitment tool.
11/14/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Rosencrantes
I have no problem with it being guild focused and even if the ID was removed I do not think, based on how hard the fights are it would be puggable.

The impression I get is that the lockout plays into the guild-focused nature of Mythic. It promotes group "loyalty" and makes the strategy of "I'll just hop from group to group until I get lucky/I'll just join this group for their farm bosses, then this other group for a different farm boss" less viable.

I don't think that changes with cross-realm - if anything, it's probably good to counter-balance the "hop groups until you luck into someone's farm run" atmosphere that the cross-realm group finder tends to encourage.

11/14/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Rosencrantes
My thing is what is the point of cross realms?

Agreed, it seems like a questionable decision to me and I'm not sure why they did it. Maybe it's helpful for potential new members to be able to try out guilds (and vice versa) before transferring.
most guilds have enough of a roster to rotate people in
11/14/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Vendreck
most guilds have enough of a roster to rotate people in

Yep the ones pushing hard tend too. So do you think the cross realm was to give people a taste of mythic raiding? Is it okay for people to try to pug it?
This is my response from a prior similar thread:
11/08/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Synsha
The reason it's this way... is that if it didn't work this way, it'd be very very easy for organized groups to game the system constantly re-killing bosses to gear multiple toons and easily have a host of well geared alts to play on. As compared to now, where they'd either have to make the choice of bringing an alt OR their main to a boss; or literally having a completely separate alt raid (much larger commitment).

Long story short, it's the way it is as Mythic raiding is the literal last bastion of guild requirement for progress. You have 3 different modes of raiding that are obscenely accessible and have cross realm mythic raiding (albeit abit slow on the release of this). Please leave it alone. I would not be interested in running split and partial split clears of mythic just so you can wipe repeatedly on Mythic Zek'voz.

What's your response to that? Mythic is intended to be the end all and be all to hardcore team progression. It's not supposed to be pugged. If you remove the lockout ID... you really open up the flood gates, in a bad way, when it comes to pushing progression...
11/14/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Rosencrantes
Which goes to my first point in that it over limits there ability to find those players. Also removing the ID doesn’t impact those guilds who want to progress.

Sales.

RMT's are already an issue. Selling 3-5 Mythic Uldir runs per week would be obnoxious and ruin the spirit of Mythic raiding.